Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Wonder What EVOMS Headers, Fabspeed Sport Cats and Tubi Mufflers Sound Like?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Wonder What EVOMS Headers, Fabspeed Sport Cats and Tubi Mufflers Sound Like?

With a EVOMS Intake... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgulw...eature=channel
Old 09-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Malakas
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Wow - sounds wicked!

How r you launching the 4S? Did you convert it to 2wd?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 895 Posts

Sounds great...
Old 09-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Malakas
Wow - sounds wicked!

How r you launching the 4S? Did you convert it to 2wd?
lol thanks, im not launching it... im just holding around 2k RPM sometimes even just Idle RPM and just leaving the clutch and full gas
Old 01-11-2010, 01:16 PM
ROK
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any more vids of this setup?
Old 01-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ROK
any more vids of this setup?
Nothing New, there are a few more Videos from that same Night... If you just look on the Right, More Video's from there Same User...
Old 01-11-2010, 02:01 PM
ROK
Banned

i'm hoping to get the same setup as you with the newish Xstyle Fabspeed cats and Tubi exhaust.

How is the sound compared to PSE? Did it save weight? Does it drone at all from 2-3K rpm part throttle?

Fitment good?
Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ROK
i'm hoping to get the same setup as you with the newish Xstyle Fabspeed cats and Tubi exhaust.

How is the sound compared to PSE? Did it save weight? Does it drone at all from 2-3K rpm part throttle?

Fitment good?
Sound is more High Pitched compare to PSE... Major Weight Savings... No Droning with a Full Set up... I did my Set up Step by Step... First i did the EVOMS CIA, then Tubi Mufflers, then EVOMS Headers and finnaly Fabspeed Pipes... As i added these Parts Drone kept getting Less and Less and finnaly went away... Lots of Drone with just the Air Box

Fitment is Perfect
Old 01-11-2010, 02:44 PM
ROK
Banned

Originally Posted by Zookie
Sound is more High Pitched compare to PSE... Major Weight Savings... No Droning with a Full Set up... I did my Set up Step by Step... First i did the EVOMS CIA, then Tubi Mufflers, then EVOMS Headers and finnaly Fabspeed Pipes... As i added these Parts Drone kept getting Less and Less and finnaly went away... Lots of Drone with just the Air Box

Fitment is Perfect
I see that you have the Tequipment overlapping tips as do I. Did these fit the Tubi ends perfectly like OEM?

Thank you for your input.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ROK
I see that you have the Tequipment overlapping tips as do I. Did these fit the Tubi ends perfectly like OEM?

Thank you for your input.
Yes they Fit Fine, but they Stick out a Bit more Compare to being Flush with the Bumper... I dont know if thats how they Fit or my Installer just made them Stick out... I think its looks way cooler like this compare to Flush to Bumper
Old 01-11-2010, 05:35 PM
ROK
Banned

Originally Posted by Zookie
Yes they Fit Fine, but they Stick out a Bit more Compare to being Flush with the Bumper... I dont know if thats how they Fit or my Installer just made them Stick out... I think its looks way cooler like this compare to Flush to Bumper
I prefer the flush look personally.

Tubi costs $2,500 for me and PSE is $4300. Just not sure which way to go. I like the PSE sound a lot. Have only heard Tubi through a computer.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ROK
I prefer the flush look personally.

Tubi costs $2,500 for me and PSE is $4300. Just not sure which way to go. I like the PSE sound a lot. Have only heard Tubi through a computer.
I Wouldent spend that money on a PSE, i have also had the Bypassed/Hacked Muffler on my car before Tubi, that sounds reallly good... If i had another P-Car it would have the "Hacked" Muffler
Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Fly By Video/Sound Clip from Last Night, But V10 R8 with GMG Exhaust first... I was in 5th just over 6000k when i passed the Camera... Will try and get more clips later this week for better Sound, going from 3rd to 4th...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_2Xq5qARjU
Old 03-02-2010, 11:30 PM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zookie - I think we noticed this in the past, but we have the same exact setup....EVOMS, Tubi Muffler sand EVOMS headers. I was just thinking about the x-pipe from Fabspeed. Did that end up making the sound even more high pitch? or did it lower the sound with the x-pipe? Also, did Fabspeed need to cut the x-pipe to get it to fit the Tubi mufflers? I've heard that the cat pipes are made length wise to fit the Fabspeed mufflers and would need to cut for others?? Thanks,Will
Old 03-02-2010, 11:42 PM
ROK
Banned

I recently installed the Fabspeed "U" sport cats with Tubi exhaust (both new so still being broken in).

I used to have the PSE with stock cats. The new setup sounds more Ferrari-ish than the guttural roar of the PSE. Say 3-4K RPM aggressive part throttle application in 2nd gear --> sounds as good as any Ferrari. The thing I noticed is it gets louder up the revs whereas the PSE got drowned out by the engine noise.

The bonus is the Fabspeed pipes look awesome underneath the car. Nicely tucked in so all you see is the exhaust tips. I am not a fan of exhaust pipe showing on the bottom of the car from behind.

I opted out of the Cargraphics exhaust because Alex at Sharkwerks said the Tubi is better made (it is quite a bit more expensive, though).

I don't miss PSE. Thanks for the help, Zookie.

Quick Reply: Wonder What EVOMS Headers, Fabspeed Sport Cats and Tubi Mufflers Sound Like?