Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Wow - GR looks awesome under rain drops...C4 drives even better...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wow - GR looks awesome under rain drops...C4 drives even better...

Cruising home from Guitar Center in the pouring rain and a 997 with a chick passenger (SHE leans forward to look over at me, the dude keeps looking straight ahead - LOL!) - After the light, I sort of gave it the gas and accelerated very briskly and he tried for a sec then decided - "better not, too wet" She was probably insisting to catch up, but based on conditions, his C2 might not have been the optimum setup. I love this C4. And the beat goes on...
Old 08-22-2009, 09:26 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

the c4 shines in this environment.... more confidence inspiring.... are you h20 cooled lover yet?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Marlon
Drifting

...rapidly getting there, if not already
Originally Posted by redridge
the c4 shines in this environment.... more confidence inspiring.... are you h20 cooled lover yet?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:46 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

so what did you get from GC that will fit in the 996?... Ive been frequent at GC lately myself. Just got a new Mark Bass amp... took it home in the pickup though (since it was raining).
Old 08-22-2009, 09:55 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The first time I hauled over the 996 steering wheel in the rain and booted it, just to see what would happen, it was pretty impressive. Purists aside, Porsche does stability and traction control pretty well.

The 993 would have spun one rear wheel, there would have been a loud clicking sound, then it would have spun both rear wheels, then, a reasonable interval of time thereafter, 7 lb ft of torque would have been directed to the front wheels.

The Audi would have shut down the engine, locked the brakes, turned the steering wheel to straight ahead, and the ECU would have self ejected from the car and floated gently to earth on a small parachute.

The STI would have flashed a message on the tach that said "floor it and countersteer, you *****" and the ECU would add boost until all four wheels were spinning.

Different cars...
Old 08-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Marlon
Drifting

LOL! Nothing today - but I did pick up a small Acoustic Bass amp head and 15" matching cab a couple months ago to plug my USA fretless J-bass into. I play in a 60's band (parties & stuff) but I'm a closet guitar player and have a handful of tele's. I am a hacker really...vicariously living my after-work rocker life thru the band and basement I have another fretted J-Bass at the bands' place and my 50's MIM tele upstairs. The Acoustic amp setup is at the bands' house

Originally Posted by redridge
so what did you get from GC that will fit in the 996?... Ive been frequent at GC lately myself. Just got a new Mark Bass amp... took it home in the pickup though (since it was raining).
Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2009, 11:53 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RallyJon
The first time I hauled over the 996 steering wheel in the rain and booted it, just to see what would happen, it was pretty impressive. Purists aside, Porsche does stability and traction control pretty well.

The 993 would have spun one rear wheel, there would have been a loud clicking sound, then it would have spun both rear wheels, then, a reasonable interval of time thereafter, 7 lb ft of torque would have been directed to the front wheels.

The Audi would have shut down the engine, locked the brakes, turned the steering wheel to straight ahead, and the ECU would have self ejected from the car and floated gently to earth on a small parachute.

The STI would have flashed a message on the tach that said "floor it and countersteer, you *****" and the ECU would add boost until all four wheels were spinning.

Different cars...
LOL!! I like what the Audi would have done.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:06 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Marlon
LOL! Nothing today - but I did pick up a small Acoustic Bass amp head and 15" matching cab a couple months ago to plug my USA fretless J-bass into. I play in a 60's band (parties & stuff) but I'm a closet guitar player and have a handful of tele's. I am a hacker really...vicariously living my after-work rocker life thru the band and basement I have another fretted J-Bass at the bands' place and my 50's MIM tele upstairs. The Acoustic amp setup is at the bands' house
Nice Tele's and J Bass... is there a big diff from playing freted to fretless? I should pick one up one day to see if its gonna be to much commitment.

I just sold some gear.... Hartke 15" and Musicman Stingray to a Fender US P Deluxe and a Markbass 2-10"... Very happy with the sound. Im starting to jam again from my old band (Cover Rock and some originals)... we took a break from it when the kids arrived. I didnt realized how much I missed it till I started playing with them again.

Quick Reply: Wow - GR looks awesome under rain drops...C4 drives even better...