Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry, i thought you bought the car in MA, but then saw it was ct

here's that link

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/rpt/2005-R-0871.htm
Old 12-20-2009, 09:09 PM
mrwabam
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Train wreck finally coming to an end?

Wow, can't believe how long it's been since I've posted about this problem.

I've been going back and fourth with the dealership/porsche about this problem for the past few months and it finally seems to be coming to an end.

The car has been in and out of the shop for the same problem (popping out of 2nd). After porsche put me (and the dealership) through the run around over and over and over they finally agreed to replace the tranny and gave me approx 2k for the extended time the car has been in the shop.

I've owned the car for 5 months, and literally it's been in the shop for 3 of those months.

Ethan (sevice manager) swears the car is good as gold now, but holy ****, what a pain in the *** this was.

I'll post pics when I actually get the car back, I also had them put in a short shifter.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by mrwabam

I've been going back and fourth with the dealership/porsche about this problem for the past few months and it finally seems to be coming to an end.

The car has been in and out of the shop for the same problem (popping out of 2nd). After porsche put me (and the dealership) through the run around over and over and over they finally agreed to replace the tranny and gave me approx 2k for the extended time the car has been in the shop.

I've owned the car for 5 months, and literally it's been in the shop for 3 of those months.

Ethan (sevice manager) swears the car is good as gold now, but holy ****, what a pain in the *** this was.

I'll post pics when I actually get the car back, I also had them put in a short shifter.
Wow is right. Way to stick to your guns.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:39 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the update. Glad they "finally" took care of you.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:57 PM
mrwabam
Track Day

So they have a 2006 997 cab, 20k miles on it, CPO'd. They'd be willing to sell me for 22k. Seems likes a pretty solid deal considering mine is a 02 996 cab with 60k miles on it.

Thoughts?
Old 12-26-2009, 04:05 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Is that 22K plus your car as a trade in?
Old 12-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

So they have a 2006 997 cab, 20k miles on it, CPO'd. They'd be willing to sell me for 22k. Seems likes a pretty solid deal considering mine is a 02 996 cab with 60k miles on it.

Thoughts?
The dealer you are dealing with seems to be part of your continuing problem with your Porsche, especially when represented by them to be a CPO car. Will the 997 CPO be as difficult as your current car? What did you pay for your 996 cab?
Old 12-28-2009, 12:04 AM
gardy
Intermediate

mrwabam,

You and I are in the same position. I also just bought a CPO 996 (2003 C2) and have had a few concerns about it. I also live in MA and bought it two months ago from a dealer in NH. The first week after I brought it home, the car would not start. I had it towed to the dealer who found a bad alternator and battery which were replaced. It should be noted that I did get the check-list and these items were cleared as fine. The other day I was driving on an on-ramp for I-93 and used the headlamp washers when one of the covers for the washers flew off (after bouncing off the windshield). This may seem minor but it doesn't build my confidence in the product. When I called a nearby dealership, they told me that the washer cover is not covered under my CPO warranty, but when I called the dealership in NH, they said go ahead and bring it in for them to fix. From everything I've read, the CPO warranty should cover all these things. I don't understand the reluctance of certain dealers to honor the warranty.

I agree with you that the car is great to drive and I'm very happy that I bought it, but I have not been impressed with the build quality of the vehicle. I've always owned Hondas and Acuras before which run like clocks and feel more substantial (especially with regard to the interior - i.e. turn signal feels like it's going to break off daily). Oh well, I guess it's the price you pay for being able to drive a slice of race car whenever you want to...
Old 12-29-2009, 12:27 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats completely ridiculous it took them that long to correct your problem. The car is CPO, period! Bottom line, end of story. It doesn't matter what dealer you have the car it. You don't need to take the car to the selling dealer to get warranty work done, period. I would avoid both dealers like the plague, they obviously completely imcompetent.

Kudos to PCNA for authorizing a reman transmission (as opposed to a internal repair) but I would say you deserved it after having your shop in the car for three months.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:55 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thoughts?
That's a steal. But I figure its 22k+your current car. Gotta weigh the price.
You do have one thing straight though. You should have a good warrenty service with no run around.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:26 AM
tntempest
Advanced

Ive had 3 cpo BMW's over the years and the warranty is not worth the paper it's written on. They can always find a way out of fixing something, or it doesnt't cover the particular part. You have to do what the OP has done and cause a fuss before anything will be done. The one warranty very few dealers know about and you must fight them on is the 8 year/80k mile federally mandated emissions warranty. It covers everything emissions related as listed. If you ever have a PCM problem it is covered under this warranty because it is the heart of the OBD system. It will also cover the Cats for this period. You do not have to be the original owner, just take a copy of the warranty off the GOV site and tell them to fix it.

So let this be a lesson, don't pay a lot more for a CPO car, at least not the 6,000. Maybe 2,000

It does seem funny with the little time I've spent on this forum but the low mileage cars seem to be the ones to avoid. Cars with more miles seem to have all the gremlins fixed and just keep racking up the miles.

Quick Reply: Couple questions about a 2002 CPO