Sponsored by:

Best way to get AUX input to 1999 C2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:51 PM
rpratt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TdiRacing
Who did your install? A local place or chain like Best Buy...?
A local place. After they basically rebuilt the dash to fit a 2DIN unit into a friend's NSX, I figured they could replace a CDR-220 with a new 1DIN unit no problem. They'll probably fix the ground issue for free if/when I ever get around to bringing my car in. I'm just lazy.

Bob
Old 08-10-2009, 05:09 PM
rwiii
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had all my speakers replaced and a new Alpine Amp installed. (In my opinion the factory speakers and amp are crap.) In front and back I went with Co-ax and in the door woofers only. The shop mounted the amp in the well under the passenger's seat so it required no extra venting. We added Becker's AUX adapter and an iSimple to link the iPod to the 220. They highly encouraged me to change out the head unit to maximize the sound of the new components but I wouldn't do it because I like the factory look and colored lights that match the a/c etc. I think my 220 is going out and when it does I will go with the Kenwood whose lights can be changed across the spectrum to match to the amber of the other components. The iPod sounds great and predictably the radio sounds terrible. Their new iSimple does play directly and charge the iPhone 3Gs simultaniously.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:10 PM
rwiii
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also I re-used all the factory speaker grills so everythink appears OEM

Quick Reply: Best way to get AUX input to 1999 C2?