Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone going for a drive in the morning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009 | 06:59 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
so tell me this - if you washed your car yesterday why was it so dusty this morning?
Pollen - couldn't you tell from my sneezing? I can't even see thru the TT windows. Car's been outside and unwashed for a week - with rain coming, no point.
Old 05-24-2009 | 08:45 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Pollen - couldn't you tell from my sneezing? I can't even see thru the TT windows. Car's been outside and unwashed for a week - with rain coming, no point.
Same with my Acura. I hate this time of year for that reason.

BTW, did anyone notice the Police car as we drove through Frenchtown? He was driving the opposite direction and immediately slowed when he saw me. When he saw you guys behind me he came to a complete stop and only continued when he saw my put my indicators on to turn left and cross the bridge into PA. It was very odd.
Old 05-24-2009 | 09:45 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Hi Wayne,

Just got back home and relaxing for the night after getting up at 5AM for the drive today. I loved every mile of it and enjoyed Bucks County very much. Thank you for organizing the drive today. I did notice the police in Milford going opposite way. I thought it was also because of that Stingray Conv that sounded so sweet at the intersection.

I will also vouch that Phil actually asked his beast to rev past 5K rpm because I smelled cosmline burning off his engine driving behind him. I am sure it raised all kinds of red flags in Phil's head.

I had a quick drive in Ferd's car and that supercharger boost is addiciting from 4K rpm on.
Old 05-24-2009 | 10:02 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Glad that you had a good time and that you go home safe. It was great to see you again - Both your car and Ferdinand's are very fine vehicles.

Amazing that three cars can look the same, but perform so differently. I appreciate you letting me see what your newly flashed ECU can do - that has a nice amount of torque. I think I just added a new toy to my shopping list.

As for cars, yeah, the stingray was nice, as was the blue Ferrari 308 that we passed on the way into Washington Crossing - a rare color for a Ferrari.

...so, now we just have to find another excuse for a drive.

Originally Posted by chsu74
Hi Wayne,

Just got back home and relaxing for the night after getting up at 5AM for the drive today. I loved every mile of it and enjoyed Bucks County very much. Thank you for organizing the drive today. I did notice the police in Milford going opposite way. I thought it was also because of that Stingray Conv that sounded so sweet at the intersection.

I will also vouch that Phil actually asked his beast to rev past 5K rpm because I smelled cosmline burning off his engine driving behind him. I am sure it raised all kinds of red flags in Phil's head.

I had a quick drive in Ferd's car and that supercharger boost is addiciting from 4K rpm on.
Old 05-24-2009 | 10:22 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by chsu74
Hi Wayne,

Great to meet you today! The drive was great fun - and yes, I revved the car to well over 5K. Made it to 97MPH passing some guy on one of the straights. All the flags in my head were checkered!
Old 05-24-2009 | 10:33 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Guys,

Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for "discussing" this back and forth. It almost make me feel like I was there..... in my f@*kng Honda!

Phil, I am glad you made it! 97 MPH? You salty dog!

Great pics Wayne!
Old 05-24-2009 | 11:28 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

97mph! I'm impressed. Here I was thinking that Phil was slowing everyone down and he was working hard to keep up with me.

I love the image of Phil running the home straight against Nigel Mansell in his head.

Tim, you were there in spirit, even if your honda wasn't there with us.
Old 05-24-2009 | 11:32 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gota911
Guys,

Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for "discussing" this back and forth. It almost make me feel like I was there..... in my f@*kng Honda!

Phil, I am glad you made it! 97 MPH? You salty dog!

Great pics Wayne!

I'll tell you Tim, Ferdinand and Chao have a couple of pretty mean cars... I could handle Chao's car, but Ferdinand's car would get me killed.
Old 05-25-2009 | 07:05 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

I'll tell you Tim, Ferdinand and Chao have a couple of pretty mean cars... I could handle Chao's car, but Ferdinand's car would get me killed.
Tim, your Honda would get me killed. That's why I have only AWD cars.
Old 05-25-2009 | 07:08 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

I love the image of Phil running the home straight against Nigel Mansell in his head.

Tim, you were there in spirit, even if your honda wasn't there with us.
Nigel Mansell? More like Danica Patrick! And yes, Tim - you were definitely there in spirit today!

Quick Reply: Anyone going for a drive in the morning?