996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Well guys, it’s been great, but.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim, sorry to hear you're going to be pulling back from RL for a while. I wasn't aware of your loss, your family's loss. But it's clear that you've got a great close family and you must be very proud of your daughter. We'll remember Damian on May 13.

You've been the consummate 996 guy. Actually I didn't even know how to spell that word until I checked and saw this definition:

Consummate: –adjective 4. complete or perfect; supremely skilled; superb: a consummate master of the violin.

We've all appreciated your contributions, 'cause whether you "gota" or "hada" you've been great to hava-round.

Take care and we'll be here, and around.....
Peace be with you.

-Dave
Old 04-01-2009, 02:44 AM
rat9545
Advanced

As a 911-996 newbie here, thank you for your advice and support on this forum. It has been invaluable for a newbie and it appears for everyone else as well.

As a new parent, my sincere condolences on the loss of your son. Mine is just about 16 months and I cannot even begin to comprehend what it would be like to lose him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family now and on May 13th.

Take care.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:52 AM
scubadawg
Advanced

As a newbie here, sorry to hear of your tragic loss, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Hope to hear back in the future on this board.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:01 AM
alcanada
Instructor

Tim, I wish you and your family all the best in your future endeavors. I’ve enjoyed your posts immensely and please drop us a line when you can.

Good luck.

Anthony
Old 04-01-2009, 03:50 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tim
I also thought at first you were going to pull an April 1st, but then you
mentioned Damian, and I can only wish this was all but a bad dream.
My sister also lost her son when he was barely six, and the pain is just a piercing
anguish that never goes away, in the whole family and friends.

I think friendship can transcend the cyberspace, because I can easily feel that
many of us here really love yours.

When last month I privately messaged you wanting to put a Porsche together for you,
made out of parts donated by everyone here, it's because I had no doubt whatsoever,
that we really love you here, and we could do it!

Again I apologise for such a bizarre idea, but that is how I really felt at the time:
I wanted you to enjoy your dreams and life, and I believed many of us here felt the same.

Thank you for making us laugh, and making this place so much better.

I wish you all the best, and may all your dreams and projects come true.
John

Last edited by JDSStudios; 04-01-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:03 AM
Steven B
Racer

I am sure that your decision to leave is based on many good reasons and all of us here respect your decision to do so. Still, our collective feelings for you mean that we are all saddened and our daily viewings will be less fun and enlightening. Your interest and goodwill are huge and our forum is less due to your departure. You have always stepped up to help anybody who has asked, and your unfailingly good will and humor have always been a bright spot in at least my daily readings. This ability to help, tease and generally be supportive is an unusual and rare gift. We will all be poorer in spirit for its absence.

Our thoughts in my wife Rita's and My house are with you and yours on May 13. We hope that the beautiful memories that you carry with you remain sufficient and full enough to bring you through that day and to the next ones.

If you ever run through Rhode Island, please do not hesitate to call. We would be happy and honored to put you up and show you some eastern hospitalitiy while you are here!

Peace and Fair Winds.

Steven
Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 AM
tgt40
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim, my sympathies of course and my sincere prayers as well. I have to admit I'm saddened by your departure, as your responses were those I specifically sought out for everything you brought to them.

Selfishly, I'm going to ask you to stay, or at least check in once in a while and keep us updated. I'm going to miss you and I don't even know you!

Lastly, thank you very much for everything

The very best wishes.

Kelly
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 AM
GNR996
Race Car

+996 on everything all ready said Tim.

Your welcome when I came on board and sometime too funny cracks cracked me up, it all kept me coming back.

All the best,
Old 04-01-2009, 09:04 AM
pszikla
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

As the father of a soon to be 16 yr. old girl, even the mere thought of such a possibility brings me practically to tears. I really wish that you would stay!! I have always loved the banter!!
If you really need to go............take care!
Pete
Old 04-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Malakas
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Tim,

My very first week on RL you gave away a bunch of interior mods. It was a generous and welcoming gesture that I will never forget... Especially since I'm reminded of it every time I look at the sweet bezel rings! Thank you again - for the rings and your constant contributions to this magical land called Rennlist.

Who will tax the noobs about posting pics?!?!?!

Well, whatever is causing you to spend some time away from RL, know that you'll be missed and your son and family will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

-J.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 AM
LJpete
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim,

What words can be said that haven't already been expressed. My heart goes out to you and your family now and I will pray for you and your family on May 13. I'll echo the sentiment that you turned me (a lurker) in to a more active poster on this forum due to your warmth and humor.

I hope you reconsider your participation in this forum as you certainly help make it what it is today. Please don't be a stranger.

May you and your family have peace and good fortune in the days to come,

Pete
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Tim, when I read your post, I was hoping it was just an April Fool's joke. But, obviously, that's not the case. No one will miss you on the board more than I will - it's nice to not only develop "board" friendships, but actually see them grow offline as well, as I think ours has. I also understand, as best as I can, the issue of losing a twin, being the father of twin boys myself. I can only imagine what that is like for both you and your wife, but even moreso for Damien's twin. I will certainly say a prayer for your family on 5/13. And, I will keep in touch. My posts may have to become more serious - no one on the board has a sense of humor to rival yours. I wish you nothing but the best. And damn it, get a great job, get another Porsche, and come back to this board - often and permanently.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I too was hoping this was an April fools joke. wow Tim... I am at a loss for words.
We are really going to miss you around here!

Who will take up the task of torturing Phil?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
smackboy1
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck where ever you go and what ever you do. Come back and visit where everybody knows your name...

Old 04-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

All the best to you and your family. I hope we see you back here again.

Quick Reply: Well guys, it’s been great, but.....