996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Beware of 'jordimascaro' on Evilbay...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
914helo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of 'jordimascaro' on Evilbay...

Firstly, I will take some blame because I forgot to put in my ad about someone with '0' feedback contacting me first. So my Ebay ad for my 996 ended 7 days ago with 'jordimascaro' from Spain winning, but then of course he never responds to anything. I have to wait a week to file a claim so I don't have to pay Ebay any fees, and now Ebay says I have to wait another 8 days for the dispute to be complete and then I can relist it. Arrrggghh. I'm moving soon and didn't want to deal with this hassle from some idiot Ebayer. Sorry, rant over. I hate Evilbay.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:49 AM
caveman75
AutoX

Sorry to hear..hope things work out
Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 AM
deckman
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Ebay doesn't really care if their users get screwed as long as they get their fees.

I don't accept bids from anyone with recent negative feedback, 0 feedback, or anyone from outside the continental US. If I can't find a buyer that meets those criteria I am asking too much for whatever I'm selling.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:43 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deckman
Ebay doesn't really care if their users get screwed as long as they get their fees.

I don't accept bids from anyone with recent negative feedback, 0 feedback, or anyone from outside the continental US. If I can't find a buyer that meets those criteria I am asking too much for whatever I'm selling.
+1
Old 03-09-2009, 03:59 PM
914helo
Advanced

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to block someone with zero feedback from bidding, or do you just put that in your text?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:26 PM
deckman
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I put it into my text. IMO they don't give you enough ways to block unwanted bidders. If I had my way I would not accept bids from anyone whose account was less than six months old and had less than 5 transactions, not including those $1.50 one's. I only want tried and true ebay people bidding on my stuff. If someone knows how to do that, chime in please!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:31 PM
joes c4 cab
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Unfortunately you cannot block them. Problem is you can use the "qualified bidders only" system, but it has been used WAY too much in cases of fraud so it is a big red flag these days.

I am with you, the only problems I have ever had with selling on ebay is with new buyers, buyers with 0 feedback, or buyers with recent negative feedback. I usually write something to that effect in my auction text, and inevitably I will get some jerk-off who says I cannot limit my buyers that way, but I just cancel their bids and move on. One guy got REALLY upset, but you have to ignore those people.

I had a buyer with 0 feedback tell me he never bid on my item, never looked at it, and never had the car to use the item with. I reminded him that there are at least 3 clicks to place a bid and that his story was B.S.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:35 PM
914helo
Advanced

I didn't know you could cancel someone's bid. Thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 10:18 PM
springgeyser
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my ads, I explicitly state.

"Shipping available on to the lower 48 States within the United States. NO shipping to Canada or International Shipping."

Funny thing is I still occasionally get International bids.

Quick Reply: Beware of 'jordimascaro' on Evilbay...