escaped a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
I have to call BS on this one.

If this were true you would have been cuffed and stuffed in the blink of an eye, at least on one of the occasions.
Yeah, have to agree.

CHP doesn't give warnings on 160mph, that kind of speed on a US freeway is really endangering others and they'd treat it that way....
Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 PM
911_993_997
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TTJunkie
I too have had great experiences at excessive speed. My last ticket was for 90 in a 75 on Iinterstate 5, but it was just before Thunderhill Raceway at 6:30am on a Saturday morning. I think he knew I was just "testing" because he said he had a solid tone at 138, and my speedometer said 170 just before he crested the hill, so I think I got off real lucky. I've also gotten off with a warning twice at 170 and once at 160. But every single time I get caught crusing at 80 in a 65 zone I get a ticket. Go figure?
Lol, same here, & I thought it was just me. Just last month I got 3 laaame tickets. One for 85, one for 93, & an other one for 95, all of them in a 65. But I've zoomed by a cop with a radar gun at 120+ & he was looking at me with his radar gun pointed at me, so as I was driving I was like "great, I'm about to get a ticket," but nope, I never even got pulled over. Another time I was going 170 & all of a sudden a patrol gets on the freeway, I slowed down to about 120 & he was on my tail for such a long time, but never pulled me over, my hands were sweating, lol. Finally he starts to pull to the right to get off the freeway, & he looks over, grins, & revs his car "vroom vroom," lol. Also, once I parked in a red zone (I had to drop something off at one of my stores which is in a very bad neighborhood, & didn't want to park my car far), & as I was getting off, a cop pulls up next to me & rolls down his window, he says "nice car" & just leaves. Not to mention I've never gotten pulled over for my very dark tinted windows or the fact that I have no front or rear license plates. Point is, I've gotten tickets for 85, but never for going 170, not having a license plate at all, parking in red, & having dark tinted windows? I guess what I've learned is either don't break the law, or break it aaall the way.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:10 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I got a warning yesterday. I was driving along in the right lane and minding my own business when a cop pulls up behind me and the lights come on.

I pull over and he walks up to the car and asks "Do you know how fast you were going?" I reply, "Why yes officer, I was going 46 MPH." He says, "Yup, that's what I got on the radar." I said "Well I don't understand what the problem is, the speed limit is 70 MPH." He says, "You're right, but the minimum speed is 50 MPH." I said "I know, I KNOW.... but I had it floored and that's as fast as it will go!" He says "OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Just stay in the right lane and keep your eye on your rear view mirror. I wouldn't want you to get run over. Drive safely!"

Old 01-09-2009, 08:46 PM
yasuro
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by gota911
I got a warning yesterday. I was driving along in the right lane and minding my own business when a cop pulls up behind me and the lights come on.

I pull over and he walks up to the car and asks "Do you know how fast you were going?" I reply, "Why yes officer, I was going 46 MPH." He says, "Yup, that's what I got on the radar." I said "Well I don't understand what the problem is, the speed limit is 70 MPH." He says, "You're right, but the minimum speed is 50 MPH." I said "I know, I KNOW.... but I had it floored and that's as fast as it will go!" He says "OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Just stay in the right lane and keep your eye on your rear view mirror. I wouldn't want you to get run over. Drive safely!"

that made me chuckle.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

you didn't get ticketed for littering the highway?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RaphaelPlascencia
Lol, same here, & I thought it was just me. Just last month I got 3 laaame tickets. One for 85, one for 93, & an other one for 95, all of them in a 65. But I've zoomed by a cop with a radar gun at 120+ & he was looking at me with his radar gun pointed at me, so as I was driving I was like "great, I'm about to get a ticket," but nope, I never even got pulled over. Another time I was going 170 & all of a sudden a patrol gets on the freeway, I slowed down to about 120 & he was on my tail for such a long time, but never pulled me over, my hands were sweating, lol. Finally he starts to pull to the right to get off the freeway, & he looks over, grins, & revs his car "vroom vroom," lol. Also, once I parked in a red zone (I had to drop something off at one of my stores which is in a very bad neighborhood, & didn't want to park my car far), & as I was getting off, a cop pulls up next to me & rolls down his window, he says "nice car" & just leaves. Not to mention I've never gotten pulled over for my very dark tinted windows or the fact that I have no front or rear license plates. Point is, I've gotten tickets for 85, but never for going 170, not having a license plate at all, parking in red, & having dark tinted windows? I guess what I've learned is either don't break the law, or break it aaall the way.
You deserve to have your license removed. 3 tickets in one month and admitting to speeds like that just shows that you are a compulsive speeder and a dangerous driver. You should be removed from the road. If you want to drive like that, then take it to the track.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:32 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can understand reaching absurd speeds on a deserted highway, but on a regular interstate. that is rolling the dice with other's and one's life. At these speeds, reaction time in non existent; hence, if someone or something crosses your path you are both cooked.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:08 PM
911_993_997
Racer

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
You deserve to have your license removed. 3 tickets in one month and admitting to speeds like that just shows that you are a compulsive speeder and a dangerous driver. You should be removed from the road. If you want to drive like that, then take it to the track.
"Compulsive speeder," kind of, although usually nothing out of the ordinary. A normal highway drive for me is at an average speed of 90, which is no big deal. Go out on the freeway down here in San Diego when there isn't much traffic & you'll see that everyone drives at about 80+ in the fast lane. As for the "dangerous driver" comment, no, I'm far from that. I've reached 170 maybe about 3 or 4 times, all of them at about 1AM on drives from LA to San Diego when the road is basically empty & I can see straight ahead for over a mile, 1 of those times to get away from one of those annoying M3 drivers. But I am also the kind of person that if there's a lot of traffic, I'll go with the flow of the traffic, I'm not all crazy trying to street race, changing lanes abruptly, & beeping or anything like that. I drive according to the conditions. For example, a couple weeks ago it was raining quite heavily & I was driving at about 50 in the slow lane, just to be safe. It's not speeding that makes an unsafe driver, it's being stupid that makes an unsafe driver... Anyway, as for your little bitch comments about "omg you shouldn't be on the road, someone should take your license away. will someone please think of the children" & what not, it sounds more like you deserve to have your Porsche removed. You're clearly one of those nerdy, ****, uptight girly dudes that when people see in a Porsche, they're like "what a waste of a nice car." Calm down Marry Poppins, I don't want you getting your panties all in a twist & then crying about it. Get over your midlife crisis already.

Originally Posted by russo
I can understand reaching absurd speeds on a deserted highway, but on a regular interstate. that is rolling the dice with other's and one's life. At these speeds, reaction time in non existent; hence, if someone or something crosses your path you are both cooked.
Reaction time IS existent when the road is free & clear & you can see straight ahead for miles ahead, which is the only kind of situation in which I reach these speeds. I understand your point of view, & I agree, but if you saw what a cautious driver I am (even though that's probably not the impression you get of me), you'd speak differently. Believe it or not, I truly hate when mororonic drivers don't know what they're doing & they're speeding, changing lanes, tailgating, etc. in traffic. I am not that person.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 PM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RaphaelPlascencia
Anyway, as for your little bitch comments about "omg you shouldn't be on the road, someone should take your license away. will someone please think of the children" & what not, it sounds more like you deserve to have your Porsche removed. You're clearly one of those nerdy, ****, uptight girly dudes that when people see in a Porsche, they're like "what a waste of a nice car." Calm down Marry Poppins, I don't want you getting your panties all in a twist & then crying about it. Get over your midlife crisis already.
This is not really helping your case. I think maturity has something to do with decision making and accepting the consequence of one's actions, and your reply...not so much.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Okay, let's lay this out.

You readily admit to hitting speeds of 170 mph on public roads at night when your stopping distance is less than your visibility.

You admit to having a speeding problem.

In previous posts you have admitted to being 18 years old.

I can guarantee that at 18 years old that your car is far more capable then you are as a driver. Maturity is about restraint and knowing when not to do something even when you can. It is clear from your posts that you are not capable of restraint (in driving or attitude) and therefore have a ways to go before maturity.

Driving at such speeds on public roads is asking to kill yourself. I have no problem with that, but I do have a problem with you potentially taking someone else with you. Public roads are unpredictable and uncontrolled environments. Your car is designed for high speed, but those speeds are not meant to be attained on public roads.

If you feel that you have done nothing wrong, then feel free to PM me your contact info and we'll arrange a conversation with the CHP so that you can convince them of your superior driving capabilities and why you do not deserve to have your driving privileges removed. This would be the first part of taking responsibility for your actions.

Honestly, I'm open to being convinced of why you have done nothing wrong - I'm open minded and await your enlightened argument. To date you have not convinced me of your superior abilities, mature thought and self control.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:59 PM
911_993_997
Racer

Like I said, I've gone up to those speeds very few times & when there's no one on the road & I can see clear for a long distance. I never said I do this often. Clearly you don't comprehend what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure most people who buy a car like this hit similiar speeds at least a couple times, which is what I did. I probably won't again. It's one of those things people do one or a couple times to get it out of their system, & then never again. It's not like I'm doing crazy stunts in traffic at high speeds on a daily basis. If you feel so strongly against unsafe speeding & what not, you should be harassing ricers instead of me, or become a CHP. Although I think the REAL problem here is that you have 5,124 posts, which means you have nothing better to do & you probably haven't gotten laid in at least 5,124 days. Anyway, speaking of "maturity," I'm not into all this internet fighting crap. It's not the reason I come to a forum. In fact, I didn't even read that whole last post you wrote. But either way my conclusion is that we simply have to agree to disagree. You're never going to convince me you're right, & neither am I, & I could care less. So get over it, go get laid, have fun & don't worry about other people speeding for gods sake. I mean we're not even close to being in the same state... Thank god.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Some more food for thought.

Here’s a bit of math: At 170 mph, you’re traveling about 250 feet per second. Based upon a friction coefficient guesstimated based upon a 60-0 braking distance of about 105 ft. from an Edmund’s test, and assuming reaction time of two seconds, that means that the you would require at least 1/4 mile for a 170-0 stop. And mind you, that’s a fairly optimistic estimate.

Have another car pull in front of you at 60 mph, and you’d have a closing speed of 110 mph, or 160 feet per second. If that slower driver locks his brakes for some reason, his braking distance with a two-second reaction time in a normal passenger car will be about 275-300 feet.

You can see the problem. To allow for a safe stop in this scenario, you need to maintain at least 1,000 feet of stopping distance to avoid hitting that stopping car (1,300+ ft for you, less the 300 ft needed by the other guy.) In rough numbers, that’s over 60 car lengths of distance needed to avoid a crash.

On a public highway, that’s next to impossible to expect. That requires a level of attentiveness that is unreasonable for your average person, as well as excellent vision and depth perception. On a track, that can work, but on a public highway, that’s sheer madness.

(Feel free to correct any of the math, but I’m sure none of it will justify highway speeds of 170 mph.)

...and you wonder why this is illegal and widely regarded as highly irresponsible? Your posts make your maturity level self-evident and I do not need to comment on that. I am simply commenting on your unsafe behavior. You said that you did this at night when there is no way that you can see far enough ahead to be able to react to unexpected events - it's near impossible to do in daylight and certainly not possible at night.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:29 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tim this one is PRICELESS!!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Cool

Tim, I have to say BS...unless you have a chip. new air induction, coffee can aftermarket exhaust, large rear wing and spinner hub caps....you couldn't possibly do 46 mph!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Barn996
Tim, I have to say BS...unless you have a chip. new air induction, coffee can aftermarket exhaust, large rear wing and spinner hub caps....you couldn't possibly do 46 mph!!!
He was driving downhill with the wind behind him.

Quick Reply: escaped a ticket