Sponsored by:

escaped a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 02:28 PM
yasuro
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default escaped a ticket

so i was on my way back from looking at some 2008 911s and cayman s' and drive a bit too spiritedly on an interstate. i didn't think i was going too fast, just the weight of my foot on the peddle.

so then lights start flashing behind me. yikes! state trooper. i pull over and he walks over and says, "i clocked you going 90 in a 70." geez. 20 over. i guess i'm getting a ticket.

he runs my license and comes back and says, "i'll let you off with a warning, but watch the speed. nice car.".

he was a youngish trooper and i think he was a car enthusiast. we jawed a bit about my 911 and i was on my way.

phew! i guess the gods were telling me to stop coveting very reduced price 2008s and be happy with what i have.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats! Sometimes the speed gods do smile upon the worshipers...

I got a ticket about a month ago... A 55 zone went to a 35 zone. The cop was about 100 yards before the 35 MPH sign. He said I went by him at 50.

Total BS - I saw him, I saw the 35 MPH sign, and firmly believe I was driving appropriately.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:50 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I had an interesting experience the other day. I was doing 80-85 on an empty Interstate late at night. Just cruising, not racing. Suddenly I see a CHP car behind me and tailing me closely. So I move over to the right most lane, reduce speed to 60 and wait for his lights to come on. Suddenly, the trooper takes an exit and leaves me alone?

I just drove along dumbfounded, albeit sporting a huge grin.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:05 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Always nice to get off with a warning!

So much depends on the personality and mood of the person that pulls you over (I have several retired policemen in my family).
Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 PM
yasuro
Pro

Originally Posted by DFC

So much depends on the personality and mood of the person that pulls you over (I have several retired policemen in my family).
well, it was a sunny day today, so that might've helped.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DFC

I also want to add that the personality and the mood of the driver being pulled over also plays a major role.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:58 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by russo
I also want to add that the personality and the mood of the driver being pulled over also plays a major role.
Absolutely!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:10 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

+1
Old 01-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Van
Congrats! Sometimes the speed gods do smile upon the worshipers...
Nice quote.

I avoided a big ticket once when I almost passed a cop going "very fast" on the way to work.
He flipped his lights on, but there was construction on the freeway and I couldn't exit so the trooper had about 5 minutes to follow me and "cool off" and let me off with just a stern warning.
Something like "I don't know how fast you were going...."
Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Nice escape!

It's good to be lucky some times.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:10 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

got 2 warnings last year... it helps to have a clean license, straight up "I effed up, sorry", right cop... and luck. Yes, there is a God!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:07 AM
TTJunkie

I too have had great experiences at excessive speed. My last ticket was for 90 in a 75 on Iinterstate 5, but it was just before Thunderhill Raceway at 6:30am on a Saturday morning. I think he knew I was just "testing" because he said he had a solid tone at 138, and my speedometer said 170 just before he crested the hill, so I think I got off real lucky. I've also gotten off with a warning twice at 170 and once at 160. But every single time I get caught crusing at 80 in a 65 zone I get a ticket. Go figure?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:15 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TTJunkie
I too have had great experiences at excessive speed. My last ticket was for 90 in a 75 on Iinterstate 5, but it was just before Thunderhill Raceway at 6:30am on a Saturday morning. I think he knew I was just "testing" because he said he had a solid tone at 138, and my speedometer said 170 just before he crested the hill, so I think I got off real lucky. I've also gotten off with a warning twice at 170 and once at 160. But every single time I get caught crusing at 80 in a 65 zone I get a ticket. Go figure?
Moral of the story..... drive 160+ ALL the time!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:34 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by TTJunkie

I have to call BS on this one.

If this were true you would have been cuffed and stuffed in the blink of an eye, at least on one of the occasions.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:41 PM
alx_carrera
Advanced

Since we are sharing stories. This happen a few days back. I was coming home from my in laws after dinner and they gave me a nice bottle of Tequila. I put it on my passenger floor all exposed. On the high way I notice this SUV get real close to me. Keep in mind its dark and I move to the side lane. He moves also. I kept thinking why is this guy on me like this. So I did what any normal P car owner would do. I took off and got in front of other cars. So I drove 10 miles and the SUV some how catches up and get right behind me so I kept moving and he kept moving with me. Finally the SUV turns on his overhead lights and its a officer and I pull over. He comes to the car and tells me that he clocked me at one point doing 86 and also notices the bottle and ask if I have been drinking. Luckily I was sober and passed on wine at dinner. So I tell him I thought he was just a person playing games with me and he kinda laughed and said I can see your point and we started to talk about the Pcar and asked me how fast I have taken it. Too be honest I did not know how to answer that so I just said "I have got it up there" He looks at me and says "slow down and have a good night" I was shocked that he let me go with a warning. He did not even press me on the bottle. It must have his time to get off work.

Quick Reply: escaped a ticket