speeder 2------ cops 0.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:02 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default speeder 2------ cops 0.........

I won AGAIN!!!

A couple of months ago a cop picked me out of the crowd!! driving 57 (like about everybody else) while speed limit was 40.

ticket 260 bucks

used traffic assasin (cost me $25) and today i got the judgment in the mail... I am found NOT GUILTY and will get my bail back within 60 days.

Anybody EVER getting a speeding ticket (besides when you get clocked at 125MHP I guess) fight your ticket!!! Especially in California where speedlimits are advisory limits!

Ofcourse I got an engine check light on the last day of 2008...I guess this is karma!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:31 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Nic, good for you!

Personally, I don't have to worry about getting a ticket for going 57 in a 40 zone, because my car won't go 57 MPH!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:32 AM
aben8057
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats treaffic assasin??
Old 01-03-2009, 10:13 AM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I think he referring to this link

http://www.ticketassassin.com/
Old 01-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Never heard of it in O H I O
Old 01-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Congrats Nicolaas!

I'm not a big fan of chicken-**** tickets like that, so it's nice to see someone get out of them.... drives me nuts when roads are posted at a lower speed limit than they are designed to take. A high average speed on a road just tells you that the limit is posted low.... so much for using the 85th percentile rule!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 PM
rudy1024
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
I won AGAIN!!!

A couple of months ago a cop picked me out of the crowd!! driving 57 (like about everybody else) while speed limit was 40.

ticket 260 bucks

used traffic assasin (cost me $25) and today i got the judgment in the mail... I am found NOT GUILTY and will get my bail back within 60 days.

Anybody EVER getting a speeding ticket (besides when you get clocked at 125MHP I guess) fight your ticket!!! Especially in California where speedlimits are advisory limits!
Congrats Nic!

Great tip, that one goes in the notebook...

My last ticket threat was several years ago and caught me going 90 in a 50 (but it was probably closer to 100) in my brand new MB300E... a long downhill grade on a lightly traveled city street leading to a new housing development... the heavy car, the slope and not paying attention had lights flashing about a half mile before I even got there... the cop stands in the street waving me to the curb... he was only doing a speed survey, but was going to give me a ticket because I was so much over the posted limit... when I handed him my license and got recognized as my brother's brother (a city cop) he laughed, said he was going to tattle on me and told me to slow it down... I imagine that ticket would have been a humdinger...

Anyway, thanks for the tip - an idea if I ever get caught speeding outside of my own town...

Rudy
--------------------------------
'01 Arctic Silver/Black C2 Cabriolet
'03 Silver F-150 Supercrew
Old 01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Nicolaas: IIRC...you've been running a centrifical SC on your 3.4L P car for years haven't you? Do you feel that the added strain of the SC contributed to the problem?
Old 01-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Nicolaas: IIRC...you've been running a centrifical SC on your 3.4L P car for years haven't you? Do you feel that the added strain of the SC contributed to the problem?
???? what are you talkin' about??
Old 01-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

I feel that when your wrong your wrong.....once I was zig zagging thru traffic to get home...so everybody was driving 80 and I was driving 95.
Cop pulled me over and rewarded me with a ticket.. I didn't fight it because he was kind of right.

But picking me out because I have a car that is lower, wider, louder, sexier and topless is not fair...so I fight the ticket. And personally I think that you can get out of any speeding ticket that is within reason on 3-6 lane roads.... the roads have to be surveyed every couple of years to check if the speedlimit should be adjusted and mostly they don't do this and cops just want to make a quick buck!!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

I've got to ask - what were the grounds for dismissal of the ticket?
Old 01-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
I've got to ask - what were the grounds for dismissal of the ticket?
I know you had to....there are a couple of possibilites:

cop doesn't want to put in the work...since I asked for a trail by written declaration he doesn't get overtime since he doesn't have to show up in court, but has to do the same amount of paperwork....and this paperwork is more cumbersome than writing a simple traffic ticket

the road might not have been surveyed within the last 5 years...which makes a cop lasering and ticketing there illegal.

who knows...they might not want to go to the trouble of providing me with all the proof and paperwork.....

In the end who cares....as long as I get my money back to put towards the repair of my driveway queen!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
I know you had to....there are a couple of possibilites:

cop doesn't want to put in the work...since I asked for a trail by written declaration he doesn't get overtime since he doesn't have to show up in court, but has to do the same amount of paperwork....and this paperwork is more cumbersome than writing a simple traffic ticket

the road might not have been surveyed within the last 5 years...which makes a cop lasering and ticketing there illegal.

who knows...they might not want to go to the trouble of providing me with all the proof and paperwork.....

In the end who cares....as long as I get my money back to put towards the repair of my driveway queen!

Oh I was just curious... never know when you might need a tool to use.

PA is pretty draconian when it comes to speeding. The limits are set low and periodically get lower for no obvious reason. Thankfully speed measurement here is also in the dark ages, so it's easier to avoid getting caught when the best they have is VASCAR and instant-on radar.

I'm glad the ticket got dropped. I wonder if PA has a written declaration option like CA.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. I can't say enough good things about Ticket Assassin, esp. with BS tickets like that.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

I have no affiliation with ticket assasin...but damn it is a very informative site..... just check it out.

Quick Reply: speeder 2------ cops 0.........