Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default FVD 996 GT3 Body Kit

Frontbumper "GT-Look" with top center air vent More info and Pricecheck

Rear bumper "GT-Look" with air vent More info and Pricecheck

Sid skirt set "GT-look" More info and Pricecheck

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 11-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Interesting look, the 996 and a half? The 997 minus .5??

rear bumper is slick for sure.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 AM
exlondoner
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm, I like it. It flows nicely imo.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:12 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I like the concept and actually like the overall look which is suprising as I've never been a fan of anything for the front of these cars other than the factory aero bumper.

BUT the placement and size of that upper vent is just off to me. Is it even functional if you've got the 3rd radiator installed? It's supposed to be right up against the hood to allow hot air to come up and out. With this design the air would have to come up and then back forward to escape.

Also wish it wasn't fiberglass.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:17 PM
exlondoner
Racer

Yes, the front upper vent does not quite look right, I would think something positioned between the headlamps would look better.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:03 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've see a few different front bumpers (997GT3 for 996) now, and this one has one positive, the lower lip is pointed farther forward, but the vent doesn't look right, and it doesn't have the separate fogs which I really like on the 7GT3. But that rear cover is nice!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:29 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by htny
I've see a few different front bumpers (997GT3 for 996) now, and this one has one positive, the lower lip is pointed farther forward, but the vent doesn't look right, and it doesn't have the separate fogs which I really like on the 7GT3. But that rear cover is nice!
Here is my supposition on why the vent is so low.

It looks like thay may have used a 997 vent cover, which is too long to fit between the "fried egg" lights (no flaming, I like the fried eggs ). But rather than getting a 996 vent, they lowered it to avoid hitting the lights. Not well planned out. I think they got lazy and tried to "make it fit" and it shows.

However, I do like the bumper covers, both front and rear.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:45 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

I think you may be right Tim, see attached for another cover I've been looking at with vent up nearer to the top, but the weaker chin spoiler (not as pointed)

Last edited by htny; 12-11-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Too bad it's fiberglass though. First time you bump a curb it's history.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

WTF? this car got some issues. its a 996 uhh... tt, no a gt3, uh wait... c2 mk1... so confusing!

agreed about all that is mentioned... I think the rear bumper is the best... I like how it covers all the plumbing... and the side vents looks like it might even cool things down back there... but I wished it wasnt glass. Id buy one in a heartbeat if it was poly..
Old 11-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Excellent Feedback Everyone. Thank you for all of your opinions. They are extremely important to us. What does everyone think about the pricing, considering that these are manufactured in Germany and made of GFK (Glass Fiber Komposite).

Htny, thank you for including the picture, it is refreshing to see another point of view on the front bumper. I personally think that it is a bit to busy lighting wise, which ultimately causes the bumper cover not to be flush along the fender line. The vent does fit very nicely though, agreed.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:43 AM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Excellent Feedback Everyone. Thank you for all of your opinions. They are extremely important to us. What does everyone think about the pricing, considering that these are manufactured in Germany and made of GFK (Glass Fiber Komposite).

Htny, thank you for including the picture, it is refreshing to see another point of view on the front bumper. I personally think that it is a bit to busy lighting wise, which ultimately causes the bumper cover not to be flush along the fender line. The vent does fit very nicely though, agreed.
I agree that the lighting, and the faux light covers on the 997 GT front bumpers are too much. The pricing seems good although like everyone else, I think fiberglass is a negative. Perhaps you could explain "glass fiber komposite"
Old 11-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Chris, GFK or "Glasfaserverstärkte Kunststoffe" is best described as "Fiberglass-reinforced plastics". They are a fiber plastic group from plastic (e.g., polyester resin, Epoxidharz or polyamide) and fiberglass*. Many German Tuners have used this material for years now as it has a more elastic "give" and is less prone to shattering than pure fiber glass, it has greater anti-coorosive properties and ultimately lasts longer.

If you would like more information check Wikipedia under "Glasfaserverstärkte Kunststoffe" this should be very helpful, although you may have to translate.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Old 11-08-2008, 03:09 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

I think the prices on fiberglass parts that require painting are a little on the hih side, and considering the current eurodollar hedge most German manufacturers can run I think I'd personally like to see that price a little lower.

FYI the lights in the Precision Porsche front bumper are actually functional OEM units, and while I agree it's a lot going on together w/ the Mk1 light, I believe PP recognize that and have a solution to cleanly cover the redundant fog and turn in that light, or so I was told by my friend who was looking for these. I'm not personally interested so I haven't researched too extensively. All that having been said, I don't think most buyers want to deal with the added expense of buying OEM lighting from Porsche, just a hunch.

As far as the bumper vent goes, neither the FVD placement nor the PP really look "right" because the 7GT3 vent doesn't follow the curve of the 996 trunk line.

Better solution is likely to leave the bumper uncut or if you really want to have vents then have the 6GT3 style vents cut into it before painting.

Last edited by htny; 03-07-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:41 PM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by htny

As far as the bumper vent goes, neither the FVD placement nor the PP really look "right" because the 7GT3 vent doesn't follow the curve of the 996 trunk line.

Better solution is likely to leave the bumper uncut or if you really want to have vents then have the 6GT3 style vents cut into it before painting.
+1

Quick Reply: FVD 996 GT3 Body Kit