996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

HAD a pristine 996 until...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:22 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only because you were blown off already, I'd switch into hardball mode.

Tell him you are filing a claim with his insurance company and you need to know who his insurer is. I think that may set the tone. If he refuses, its brief conversation explaining that a police report could be filed and the info can be attained that way if he prefers.

Although I know you want it fixed, and yesterday, I would try very hard not to rush to pay for this out of your own pocket. He has insurance and pays his premiums just for this very kind of occurrence.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:40 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BimmFiniti
... I took it to Chris' German Auto in Bellevue, WA.

My 996
Seal grey 2002 with aero, whale tail, carbon fiber throughout, advanced technic pkg, full leather, 18K miles, absolutely spotless.

The situation
I have owned the car for 6 months now and had never taken it in for service. The car needed a basic 15K mile inspection + new brake fluid flush. Researched different options in the Puget Sound region. Settled on Chris German auto.

The result
Picked up my car and, lo and behold, there's a new "crease" in the body + a new scratch right above the driver's door. Right where I'm going to see it every time I get in the car. Someone clearly dropped something on the car while it was parked there.

The response
The owner of Chris' looked at it and just told me to talk to my insurance company. Gee thanks. I see you really support your customers. I am now researching dent wizard with the hope they can restore it.

I'm never goin' back there! Any other recommendations for Porshe service in the Puget Sound - eastside?

If they don't wabt to solve the problem, I'll send them my lawyer to make them understand waht we are talking about.
It's incredible how they got you a response
Old 11-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's b.s. that he wouldn't step up.

We have the best service and parts department in the region, see sig --

Many customers feel it's worth the drive from the Seattle area.

Good luck w/fixing it.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I accidentally backed my car into the garage (first time to back it in in an effort to make it easier to egress) and scraped and dendted the wheel well. I thought CRAP...I've ruined it. Well, I had Dent Pro come out and they took off the scrape with some paint thinner....it was just a paint transfer, and then they flat did MAGIC with removing the slight dent. You honestly can't even see that the car was ever dented....I gladly paid the $150 and was a very happy camper. I can't say enough good things about how well they can do what they do....within reason of course.

Quick Reply: HAD a pristine 996 until...