Sponsored by:

Anyone seen this yet??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 06:09 PM
gittledog
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone seen this yet??

A while back I started a thread regarding my 996 that was involved in an accident at The Collection in Coral Gables. To make a long story short a tech, on a test ride made an illegal turn in front of oncoming traffic which resulted in an accident totaling about 12k. I was able to get some $ from their insurance company for diminished value but my car was never the same. The car has since been sold. The reason for this post is because when I finally was able to speak with one of the owners of The Collection, Mr. Ken Gorin, his response to me was that I was acting like his 15-year old daughter. Well, what goes around comes around Mr. Gorin. Ha Ha.

From the Miami Herald:
Ken Gorin, president of The Collection luxury auto dealership in Coral Gables, is set to stand trial in Miami-Dade Circuit Court -- on cocaine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession charges. He also faces a DUI trial in county court.

Gorin, 52, driving a silver '09 Jaguar sedan, got pulled over on the MacArthur Causeway near Palm Island at 2:04 a.m. June 6. Cops say he was doing 72 in a 50 mph zone, and ``straddling his lane.''

During the roadside sobriety test, ''defendant was extremely agitated as I gave him directions,'' Officer Martin Dionne's arrest reports say. ``Defendant was cocky and insulting.''

Police say they found white powder in a ''small red container'' in his right front pants pocket. And, ``in defendant's vehicle I found a plastic bag containing a marijuana pipe with residue.''

From the reports: 'When I showed defendant the marijuana pipe in his bag, defendant stated: `Where did you find that? I haven't used that in years.' ''

And: 'Defendant mentioned that he'd had a colonoscopy at 12 p.m. . . . When I asked defendant what the doctor had told him about resting, defendant stated `he told me not to drive or drink alcohol, just to rest at home.' ''

Gorin declined a breath-alcohol test.

He has pleaded not guilty to all four charges. His attorney, David Rothman, issued this statement: ``Ken Gorin is sincerely sorry and accepts responsibility for his behavior. He apologizes to his family, the staff at The Collection, and to the arresting officer. The bad judgment he exercised, especially by driving the day he had a colonoscopy, is out of character for someone who is a pillar of our community and a good and caring person.''

Circuit Judge Mark King Leban has the drug case. County Judge Maria Ortiz has the DUI.

As for Gorin's colonoscopy, he got a clean bill of health

Last edited by gittledog; 09-21-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

I remember your story and wondered how it turned out. Sorry to hear that your car was never the same.

I guess nice things happen to those that deserve them.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Gittledog, looks like his lawyer apologized to everyone. Except you! I would have sold it, too. Gotta smile when you read this. Thanks for posting!!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

maybe, if things go well, he'll have a chance to enjoy another colon exam behind bars...
Old 09-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Talking to my brother today - seems this guy Gorin used to own Gorin Jaguar in Hartford CT, and had a very questionable reputation. Interesting that he was stopped driving one!
Old 09-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

It must ease your pain to know that a 'scumbag' who treated you poorly may get a taste of his own medicine.I remember your posts and how frustrated you were. I am a firm believer in what goes around, comes around. Sounds like justice may be served this time.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:43 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gittledog
The car has since been sold.
Originally Posted by Phil G.
I would have sold it, too.
Hope the buyer got full disclosure.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:34 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

karma is a bitch.

my dealer (Rusnak/Pasadena) at the time I owned my Audi S4, crashed it at triple digit speeds (tech out on a supposed 'test drive').

Needless to say, I got a new car out of it obviously.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:35 PM
gittledog
Advanced

Yes, the buyer was informed of the accident even though it never made it to Carfax.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen this yet??