Sponsored by:

Thanks god.. this is what could have happened

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Rivarama
Totally agree with you here ! See what is happening to Ford, GM etc... they're all virtually bankrupt. The only P&L's still making money are their European brand.. Chevy and Ford are super profitable in WE and EE.

As far as your second comment, I love it... Being born in the US, makes you an american... not Italian - even if your grand parents were Italian
Yup - agreed on both points, but I had to check.

I believe that there are more people in the US that claim they are Italian than actually live in Italy.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:53 PM
omnipresent
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gregorycarl
fake...

You can see where it was cut and put back together. Look at the rocker panel (shadow from door is not right, that dark strip was added). Also shadow on pavement right below is suspicious. Also rear window is too sharp in focus versus rest of roofline. Any good creative director or art director would send it back for more work.

p.s. - I've been a Creative Director for over 22 years.
looks like a real car to me...maybe a pic touched up, but then again - I'm not the expert you are!

As a Creative Director, maybe you could brush up a bit on your shadow expertise in your sig? (j/k)

EDIT - i should've scrolled down before commenting...geez, I was pretty sure I'd seen pics of that car before

Last edited by omnipresent; 07-18-2008 at 04:59 PM. Reason: premature typification
Old 07-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JimB
After we got done with it as a family hauler we put a lift in our RR and turned it into an off road toy. The boxy design looked pretty good by the time we were done.
Hey, don't get me wrong, the Range Rover is and always has been the off-road king and yours must have been a blast to drive. The Jeep is a ***** in comparison to the RR. I just wish that it didn't have British electrical systems and that damned annoying steel-aluminum corrosion issue that plagues those cars.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Rivarama
Advanced

Originally Posted by omnipresent
looks like a real car to me...maybe a pic touched up, but then again - I'm not the expert you are!

As a Creative Director, maybe you could brush up a bit on your shadow expertise in your sig? (j/k)
Ouch!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:55 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rroobbcc
I haven't been the biggest Cayenne fan either, but I must admit that the GTS tweeks just enough of the right style elements to make me intrested in owning one.
I've driven S, GTS, and and ridden in turbo S. The Stock, S and GTS really didn't do a lot for me, but I can see how they appeal to people with a need for a hauler. At least you don't need to remember where to put your key.

Turbo S was godlike. G55 and Rover Sport Supercharged feel almost scary , suspensions aren't tune for road. Turbo S feels like a really hi-po sports sedan (from the passengers seat.)
Old 07-18-2008, 04:56 PM
omnipresent
Racer

Originally Posted by jumper5836
For an SUV, what do you think looks good?

Loved my old 2000 Toyota 4 Runner. I love the Land Rover Defender. I loved the look of the Range Rover and I like the Cayenne. There isn't any other SUV that I can say I like the look of. Specially the large Escalades with spinners talk about fugly.
I think with a change of wheels a VW Touareg looks better than Cayenne
Old 07-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by omnipresent

Well, also remember that the image (regardless of whther it's an actual photo of the concept car, or an artist rendering) was created in a time before Photoshop and gregorycarl didn't take that into account... maybe he was just starting his career at the time that Porsche was deciding not to produce the 989.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:57 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
The Jeep is a ***** in comparison to the RR. I just wish that it didn't have British electrical systems and that damned annoying steel-aluminum corrosion issue that plagues those cars.
Honestly comparing for example Defender to Wrangler, in full trim I think most offroad guys in the US would prefer the wrangler, it's very very capable outfitted correctly, an less expensive to own for the reasons you mention (and parts availability). Of course I'd rather the Defender for style, but we ain't got none round these parts no more.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by htny
Honestly comparing for example Defender to Wrangler, in full trim I think most offroad guys in the US would prefer the wrangler, it's very very capable outfitted correctly, an less expensive to own for the reasons you mention (and parts availability). Of course I'd rather the Defender for style, but we ain't got none round these parts no more.

True - The RR can effortlessly take you through the Amazon in style and comfort. The Jeep would be a kidney shaker and you'd probably get out at the other end wanting to be eaten by pigmies.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:02 PM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly - I have a 3 year year old and a second one arriving within weeks... I look at the Panamera as my way to get seat time in a Porsche on days when the 911 isn't practical.
You may feel differently when you see one. IMO fugly, especially the console. I called it a BMW 6 with a Mini Cooper welded on the back.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:04 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

True - The RR can effortlessly take you through the Amazon in style and comfort. The Jeep would be a kidney shaker and you'd probably get out at the other end wanting to be eaten by pigmies.
I love the style and interiors of the full boat Rovers, but If I'm going to the Amazon (or pretty much anywhere in the developing world) I'm going with the Land Cruiser. We have the LX470, which is the lux interior version o he Land Cruiser Amazon, at one of our projects overseas and it is just the best third world vehicle ever. Ultra reliable, quick cheap parts anywhere in the world, great in water and amazing in heat (where RRs have the most trouble). And the suspension tune is just unbelievable whether bruised up street or nasty trail.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by salayc
You may feel differently when you see one. IMO fugly, especially the console. I called it a BMW 6 with a Mini Cooper welded on the back.
How would you know?

To my knowledge noone outside of Porsche has seen the final product.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by htny
I love the style and interiors of the full boat Rovers, but If I'm going to the Amazon (or pretty much anywhere in the developing world) I'm going with the Land Cruiser. We have the LX470, which is the lux interior version o he Land Cruiser Amazon, at one of our projects overseas and it is just the best third world vehicle ever. Ultra reliable, quick cheap parts anywhere in the world, great in water and amazing in heat (where RRs have the most trouble). And the suspension tune is just unbelievable whether bruised up street or nasty trail.
Good point, I forgot about those!
Old 07-18-2008, 05:05 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey, don't get me wrong, the Range Rover is and always has been the off-road king and yours must have been a blast to drive. The Jeep is a ***** in comparison to the RR. I just wish that it didn't have British electrical systems and that damned annoying steel-aluminum corrosion issue that plagues those cars.
We had a couple of RRs. The early one (1992) was great. The later one sucked! We would keep champagne in the car just to celebrate every time we actually got somewhere without breaking down.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:06 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...882083562/1065

(sorry if enzo)

Quick Reply: Thanks god.. this is what could have happened