PerformanceBOX and DriftBox GPS Data Aquisition Systems Available at VR

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:04 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PerformanceBOX and DriftBox GPS Data Aquisition Systems Available at VR

PM or Call Me for Rennlist Special

If you want to know exactly how well your driving skills are doing and if your performance modifications are making a difference, then you will want to check out the PerformanceBox or DriftBox GPS data acquistion units. Both units feature a Performance Meter, Lap Timer, Data Logger, and Power Calculator.

The Performance Meter allows you to calculate top speed, average speed, 1/4 mile time, GForces, 0-60 times, and more. All this data is saved on a SD memory card which can then be put on your computer to showcase the graphs and data to analyze your driving. The Lap Timer takes a fixed position in which it will give you your best lap time, current lap time, and even your speed. You can define up to 6 splits and even track your corner exit speed. The Data Logger function is a full data logging software. This software allows graphical analysis of acceleration, braking, cornering and lap times. You can overlay up to four files, and you get an accurate track map to compare your driving line between different laps. Finally the Power Calculator is like having a real dyno in your own car. Meaures results in BHP or KW, analyzes your acceleration to give you power output at the wheels, you can carry these runs out in 2nd gear for safe and low speed driving, power can also be calculated at the flywheel. There are two parts to the testing process: the acceleration run, which gives you the power at the wheels minus the losses caused by tyre and air resistance. The second part of the test measures these losses and also estimates gearbox losses. The Power Mode is also an additional tool for car tuning, where access to a chassis dynamometer is not possible.

The DriftBox features all the above functions but includes the Drift Analyzer system. Driftbox was initially developed for use in the Japanese D1 Grand Prix series to assist the judges award points during the competition, and has become in effect the fourth "Judge". Every vehicle which competes has a DriftBox Pro fitted during each run, and the judges get a points score for each corner based on Entry speed, Drift Angle and Cornering Force. Cornering force is used to judge how well the car is setup, the higher the cornering force, the more power and skill are needing to slide the vehicle.
Until now, the drift angle had to be estimated, but with DriftBox the guesswork has been removed, allowing much fairer comparisons to be made between competing drivers. Not only does DriftBox give feedback on angle, but also entry speed and cornering G-force. This information is displayed to the driver, and can also be transmitted to the judges and spectators in real time using the optional Racelogic telemetry system.

You can read more and see actual data and product images about the PerformanceBox and DriftBox on our site here.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

As a rennlist sponsor, why not be transparent with the pricing?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:31 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

I dont sell on price, I sell service and the product. If you are interested in the product, just ask me. We do ship internationally.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:56 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh dear God, here we go again. Vivid not posting pricing and then when asked either doesn't respond to the post or states to contact him. Sometimes people don't want to contact, they want to know how much before they invest any time in inquiring more about the product(s).

Sure you can't put a price on service and support but you can put a price on a product and then FOLLOW that up with service and support. Nobody here is going to overpay just because you claim to sell service. There are WAY TOO MANY vendors out there that have top notch service and have no problem ever listing pricing.

FYI....anytime you list a product for sale here on Rennlist there are 2 major points that you must satisfy. First, you must be a paid member or sponsor. Second, you must post a price EVERY TIME.

If you need help with the rules:
https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale-ads-member-to-member-fs-wtb-free/197285-for-sale-classifieds-forum-guidelines-read-before-posting.html
Old 06-20-2008, 12:14 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Hello LVDell, that was not very nice. I did not come at you. The price of the box is $499. For the Rennlist people that are interested, I am offering it for $475. Thanks for the link to the rules.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:29 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Come on Dan. It wasn't mean to be nice. But it wasn't meant to be mean either. Instead, and you know, it was meant to highlight the same protocol you have followed EVERY time you posted a product here. People ask about pricing and you say "PM me" or just flat out ignored the posting by a member asking for more info (not responded to the post in the thread). You rarely, if ever, posted a price in your FIRST post to sell a product. As I said, you can sell all the "service" you want, but the membership wants to know the PRICE before they invest any time in contacting vendors. Then, if they decide to contact you and purchase the product, include that stellar service you tout and you will probably have repeat customers (and new ones) because of that.

Just something to chew on for future postings.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:37 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

slightly straying from the topic....

here is why we dont post prices or any of our guys post prices in any forums. because of MAP. Minimum Advertised Price. this industry holds 0 value because of every person trying to start a company and selling for $5 over cost. many manufactures have iniated MAP pricing policy which is legal. this is a good thing. none of us wake up in the morning to make $1. I am sure you would be pissed if one day your salary got cut in half. the bottomline is when you post prices, its all about price. we are trying to educate people on the product, the benefits, how it will improve them and their vehicle, and how it compares. if they want to price shop, then they are no a customer for us. you will see over the next few years all the body feeders slowly dropping off. remember when there was a private video rental on every street corner and cell phone retailer? Not it is Blockbuster and Hollywood Video or TMobile and Verizon stores.

If you are interested in the product, then you will see the call to action and click on the link. Someone that wants to buy the product will contact us. no disrespect, but that is how we focus on our business and very successful at it. If your not interested in our products or our company, fine. I dont mind the discussions.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I am sure that model works great for you and I wish you the best in your business. My point is that people over the years (while you were in fact here on RL) constantly posted requests for more info or pricing, etc, and their requests went ignored only to post such dissatisfaction with your ignored requests. FYI...they are MANY vendors here that post products for sale and then post that they offer RL members X% off any transaction which allows them to offer the members here a discount and NOT have to post below MAP. But offering 4% off like you have for this product isn't exactly going to get people to jump off their couch to buy. Instead offering a x% discount to RL members will probably get you not only purchasers for whatever product you are selling but MORE products to that order as well. I know every time I have done business with vendors here I have added more to the order in addition to what they advertised here b/c of the discount they offered.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:03 PM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

I clicked the link above to "read more and see actual data and product images", but there is nothing there that I saw (?).
Old 06-20-2008, 01:20 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

go here:
racelogic
Old 06-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Irksome
Racer

Can the PerformanceBOX replace the HotLap system? Ie, for autocrossing, can I get it to accurately give me lap time in addition to all the other cool stuff it does? Can it read IR beams from the HotLap, or can I get it to do the equivalent somehow?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:23 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Sure you can read how the Lap Timer and Power Meter works here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...r-p-52145.html

You will be able to accurately get lap times. See the pictures here on the manufactures website - http://www.performancebox.co.uk/lap.html

Thanks for the business lesson LVDell. I have just made you an honorary business partner and now you can buy parts from me at cost which is lower, guaranteed, then any other vendor on this site. Why, why not right...
Old 06-20-2008, 03:59 PM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

WOW. This thing is pretty incredible.

I read the user manual and it's very, very capable. I don't even track my car (yet), and I want one. For anyone that does track their car, they might want to check this thing out - it offers some great analysis tools, complete with track overlays, split times, etc, etc, etc.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Irksome
Racer

It sure sounds amazing. It also seems like it may be a better bang-for-buck than the HotLap system, which starts around $170 for the receiver, and only gives you total lap time.

Hmm.

Is there anyone in or near San Diego that has one of these bad boys?
Old 06-20-2008, 05:07 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

There is some good reviews going on about the Performance Box Here.

Quick Reply: PerformanceBOX and DriftBox GPS Data Aquisition Systems Available at VR