Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 996superfly
Well, only 8+ pounds!
yeah thats light!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, finally got to hear the video. Sounds just like the MK I muffler mod I did to mine.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much??
Old 06-09-2008, 08:34 PM
p0rsch3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all- Just wanted to pop over and chip in my nickel's worth, since I am presently testing the prototype of this exhaust on my car for the maker. (I'm not affiliated with this product other than the maker and I have a mutual long time friend, we're both car nuts, i'm a sucker for testing new products, etc..).

I've bought a few different exhausts over the past year- Agency Power, Racing Dynamics, Fabspeed straight pipes- Looking for that perfect blend of rippin-it sound at WOT without giving myself a headache in the process- or offending my neighbors coming home late at night. This exhaust IMHO really nails it!!
I've had it on for about 600 miles and have been completely stoked since day1 in regards to sound. I felt a bit extra kick but thought it was just the new-ness factor. Was totally surprised to see the dyno results, which just cemented what I thought after putting them on.

Definitely not ricey sounding- The video is realy nice- thanks Peter!! You lose the lower notes and bassy-sound of the exhaust in the vids. Standing behind it on the dyno, the exhaust really pounds your chest whith snap. It is LOUD, but tamed. At cruise, idle it is way chill.

Here's my driving fun from Sunday:

Went to lunch at Taiko in Brentwood, had no problem putting up to the valet stand- Cruising in, the exhaust is very normal sounding on the db level and I'd say about 2x as loud as stock, but deeper and bassier in tone.
After lunch went over to Westfield mall in Century City to catch a flick, massive underground parking.
Gunned it up row of cars in 1st and set off a few car alarms. Damn it sounds GOOD underground... lol.
After I left the mall I gunned it up a side street and had folks on the sidewalk turning heads from a 1/2 block up.

Next went down to Santa Monica / PCH and cruised up the highway for a bit, exhaust is just pure joy- Loud when I want it to be and super chill when cruising. If I want to "bring it on", I put my foot in it. Let off and things are back to normal.

There is a pronounced deep resonance sound inside the cabin at about 2500 rpm, so I'd say inside the cabin the exhaust is loudest between 2300-2600 RPM. There is no vibration associated with the resonance, just sound. When you get above or below that range the resonance dissapears and it is reasonably quiet, no prob making calls or conversing. Usually at highway speeds I'm at around 3k-4k rpm so it's perfect.

Here's some pics on the car, every part on the exhaust is high grade stainless and install is a snap-ola:

anyway- I think this exhaust should be avail end of June. That is the word as of yesterday, guess it all depends on how final production goes as they are all hand-made. The shop making them has a long history of making custom race car parts (particularly exhausts) for team race cars and salt-flat land speed cars. Very talented and nice guy. I don't want to tee anyone off here so I won't post anymore info than that, if anyone is interested in finding out more I can be found at 6speed / same handle.

Just wanted to share my experience thus far because I am STOKED!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:46 PM
kunkstyle
Racer

The clips in the garage do sound a little ricey, but that may be the acoustics or camera.

The on-street stuff sounds really good though.

Thanks for the 'nickel's worth' p0rsch3!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 PM
p0rsch3
Intermediate

Yeah- my buddy brought his sony pro cam with big mic for the dyno testing, but the dang battery was fried. The drivebys are better but I guess the only way to really get "full effect" is stand behind my car while I punch it and drive away... Woot!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:53 AM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

i like it...
Old 06-10-2008, 04:03 PM
p0rsch3
Intermediate

here's another video of the dyno run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3od84Ps3uU

Turn up volume for beginning. I'm going to shoot some more drive-bys next week after we get a new battery for the sony pro-cam, audio should be much better.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:43 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Sounds like my lawnmower!

Quick Reply: AWESOME EXHAUST FOR 996