Sponsored by:

Aero Wing DIY

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 01:49 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Wing DIY

There is a DIY link on Renntech but it doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know where I can find instructions on installing a factory engine cover/aero wing. It has factory part number but zero hardware, so I assume I have to take everything I need off the existing engine cover. The Renntech post says it's a 15 minute job, but I don't see how anyone could do it in 15 minutes. I bought this off a Rennlister over a year ago and still haven't put it on. Talk about procrastination! I paid dearly for it too, new in the box.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...83&hl=gt3+wingctory engine cover/
Old 05-27-2008, 03:15 PM
MTB
Racer

Just follow the steps below:
You will need a cable harness to bypass the brake and spiler lights. 996-612-070-51

M
Attached Images  

Last edited by MTB; 05-27-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Bos
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the information from when I installed mine:

www.zvolution.com/misc/c4s_aero_kit.pdf

It also lists part numbers in case you need to order anything.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Bos,

Thanks, I think I can follow that. It looks close enough even though for a little newer car I think. In fact I may get the paint guy to do it and give him the instructions.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

SMshirk,

I did this change on my car. It is an easy job if you've been toying with cars for sometime. If you're getting the OEM Aerokit, its plug and play with its own harness so it does not trigger the spoiler light. OEM Aerokit comes with its own electrical hraness to ignore the sotck spiler that raises up with speed and powers the third brake light.

The only thing you have to retrive from your old lid is the cooling fan and intake duct. Tthe hardest part in my opinion is lining up up the aerokit lid squarely onto the body clearance around the engine bay. Tighten one bolt from each side(theres 4 total) snugly so you could still move the new lid to line it up. Do not install the strut until the end so you could line up the new lid without the strits pushing the lid open. Once the clearance all around is equal, slowly tighten the bolts and check the clearance often as you tighten them.

good luck

Mike
Attached Images   

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 05-27-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Bos
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smshirk
Bos,

Thanks, I think I can follow that. It looks close enough even though for a little newer car I think. In fact I may get the paint guy to do it and give him the instructions.
No problem... As Carrera Mike said, it really is a pretty simple job. I would also suggest putting some 3M painters tape around the edges of the engine bay during the install. Just helps protect things as you're getting everything situated.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

It is a simple job but not a fast one as taking the motorized spoiler off is a PITA. I had no instructions for that.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:07 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

I have the factory TSB on how to retrofit the OEM Carrera wing- PM me if interested and I'll email it to you.

Quick Reply: Aero Wing DIY