Sponsored by:

Please meet my new girlfriend...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cfp43
5 minutes?! Come on, I am at able to keep mine clean for a solid 10 mins and then its all downhill...I thought I had learned my lesson, my first German car was a 1996 VW Jetta VR6 (RIP) and she was black on black as well...told myself after that, will never get black again...so, I guess the lesson is to never say never
heh. my first and last black on black car was a 95 Jetta GLX VR6

-----------------------
Old 05-20-2008, 01:26 AM
JoeTanto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She's nice! Black on black is schweet!! Enjoy her!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:28 PM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cfp43
Ha ha...no, not repaired at MAACO, thanks for the laugh. I own a MAACO and while we do quality work at a great price, the closest my P car will get to the shop will be the front parking lot. I had to bring it in on a Sunday to get it detailed...I dont want my workers seeing it, they will all ask for a raise!
Interesting, what is the difference about a MAACO paint job? I assume, masking rather than removing body work. What else? blending, quality of paint, color sand, spray booth quality, attention to detail?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:39 PM
cfp43
Advanced

Originally Posted by salayc
Interesting, what is the difference about a MAACO paint job? I assume, masking rather than removing body work. What else? blending, quality of paint, color sand, spray booth quality, attention to detail?
Well, every MAACO is independently owned and operated so they will all be different. I would put my crew up against pretty much any other body/paint shop out there. I have some very highly skilled workers that when given the appropriate time, can turn out awesome work...the point is that is not MAACO's game...we are in and out quickly at a good price. Will you find a little overspray, yes, a few specs of dirt, yes, a sanding scratch or two, yes...? Sure but you will also pay $500 for a job versus $1000 somewhere else. When ran correctly, MAACO has a good niche. So, pretty much, you get what you pay for...I make more money painting 30 cars a week at a smaller margin than I would 10 at a higher margin. Plus, owners of fine automobiles are very picky, as they should be and the profits go away when you have to fix things to make them perfect. We dont ever promise anything or say anything will turn out perfect. So, my parents got rear ended in their new Lexus, didnt come to my shop...they wanted to fix a few dents and dings on their Camry, came to MAACO as did my 2001 Pathfinder. Hope that clears it up for you...
Old 05-21-2008, 11:39 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You have a beautiful C4S - love the rims. I generally don't care for the black rims, but yours really work with your car. Welcome!
Bob
Old 05-22-2008, 12:33 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

very nice I also like the rims as is...BTW nice explanation of your business...very professional!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:46 PM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

Welcome, your life now will never be the same....

Quick Reply: Please meet my new girlfriend...