996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:10 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys. I'll be there in 20 minutes, and I"ll definitely stick around past 9am. I look forward to seeing you both.

Bob
Old 07-05-2008, 10:11 AM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry guys...in Wilmington this weekend...
Old 07-05-2008, 07:13 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Here are some pictures from today's events. It was great to see everyone today - thanks for coming out and driving over to Brier Creek. See you next weekend!

Bob

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US
Old 07-05-2008, 08:04 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry I missed you guys. Looked fun and DAMN there was another GT3!!!!! Sweet!!!!! I just got back from Charlotte. Lots of fun running the speedway
Old 07-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

If you guys continue to stay past 9am, we're more likely to keep attending.

Nice to see you all, and meet a few new people. BTW, very cool Alfa at Brier Creek.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:36 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hey, Ahmet - It was great to finally meet you. We usually are at the Bean & Bagel until 10:30 or 11:00. The Italians on the 1st Saturday of the month usually ends up being a road trip, but not always. We're a very informal group, when it comes to our schedule. Hope to see you soon.

Bob
Old 07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hey, Dell,

Can you believe it? Rex's GT3 is beautiful. Any stories from Charlotte and the track that you can share?

Bob
Old 07-06-2008, 06:17 AM
looney2n
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rotokim
Hey, Dell,

Can you believe it? Rex's GT3 is beautiful. Any stories from Charlotte and the track that you can share?

Bob
Hey guys..........................LV can give more details, but I will tell you this.......You have to run Lowes it at least once.

1. Leaving the infield out onto the middle of the banked track at 2-3 is pretty cool.

2. Accelerating out of 2 at just over 100 and going the back stretch wide open in 5th.

3. Slowing only slightly to take 3 at over 100 and then tracking right in 4 towards the wall to head down the front straight.

Very exciting and really makes you appreciate the tire grip.

On another note, my first run was in the rain and even with never getting over 85 mph was still fun.

It is just a very different feeling seeing all that concrete (the walls) coming at you on those three high speed turns.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:06 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Posted some video over in the racing/de forum
Old 07-07-2008, 02:07 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I did my very very first driving school (in 1992) at Charlotte. I remember that entering turn 3 at 125 was the upper end of my comfort limit. I'd look up and see those smudges on the wall and think "a car did that" and then I'd slow down a bit. Maybe it wasn't 125, 115 maybe? 95? Who can remember...

I destroyed my (stock) brakes trying to slow down for the turn into the infield.

The g forces on those banked tracks makes my leetle brain spin. I much prefer road courses.

Sorry I missed you at B&B this w/e Dell; maybe we'll meet up one of these days.

Bob, John and Thomas - it was nice meeting you guys!

Michael
Old 07-07-2008, 02:26 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Looking forward to it Michael.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:27 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Nice to meet you too, Michael. See you soon.

Bob
Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 PM
JMAGOLAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the president of Hurricane Region, PCA, I want to publically appologize to Bob and members posting on this thread for the side-road it has taken, and the apparent animosity that has developed. I chose this thread for my response rather than creating a new one, since this is where the exchanges have taken place.
The reason for Regions in PCA is to make it possible for members to attend events as close to home as possible, without having to drive several hours each way (though that can be enjoyable at times). Whether you belong to Carolinas, Hurricane, Peachstate or any other PCA Region, you are first and foremost a PCA member. The Regions are there for the members' convenience, as for the most part, any PCA member is welcome to participate in any PCA Region's events. The is certainly our policy and I am sure that it is Carolina's policy as well.
Unfortunately, when Hurricane Region was formed over 10 years ago, PCA split the Raleigh/Durham/ Chapel Hill are in two, essentially dividing what has become a single metropolitan area. This only affects initial assignment of new members to a Region if they do not specify which Region they want to join. As a PCA member, you can join any Region you want, whether you live there or not.
This is not and should not be an issue of whose "territory" events are held in. What is important from the standpoint of PCA, is that members have access to events and don't leave the club because "there was nothing to do locally".
Again, I am sorry this got out of hand, and encourage all of you you to participate in whatever events you wish, be they Carolinas, Hurricane or non-PCA related.

Jerry Magolan
Old 07-08-2008, 03:58 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Jerry....thanks for posting to this thread. I knew the stance that Ralph took was NOT the stance of the region. My wife and I have enjoyed being a member of both regions (2 paid memberships) and thoroughly enjoy ALL the events we get to participate in. We have made some great lifelong friends in both regins and have no plans to "claim" one region over the other.....they are both great in different ways and belonging to both is well worth the price of admission

With that said, while I am sure you feel it your responsibility to be accountable for your officers, however, Ralph is the one that owes Bob the apology. It would be nice to see him do that here in this thread.

Hopefully we can get this put behind us and get back to the orignial goal...........spending time with other enthusiasts whether it be for a cup of coffee, a driving event, or a fundraiser, regardless of where it takes place.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:48 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Jerry - Thank you for your post.

While I'm reluctant to speak for our informal group, I'm very certain that you will continue to see us at all the PCA events (whenever our weekend chores permit).

Bob

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels