996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:19 PM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like I missed the ingram collection. Was out of the country for 2 weeks. Will catch up with you one of these weekends.
Who has the silver 4S btw?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:06 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, man. Great to hear from you - welcome back! I'll post pictures from this morning later on this weekend. We had Bruce (Cayman S), Michael ('88 911) and Steve (993). Then, Michael and I went for a drive in through the countryside.

Next week is the historic car race at VIR. I might be joining the Ferrari guys to head up to the race - let me know if anyone else want to go.

Bob
Old 05-31-2008, 10:31 PM
cdaniels
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,
I might be able to make VIR next weekend...keep me in the loop...

Thanks,

Charles

Originally Posted by rotokim
Hey, man. Great to hear from you - welcome back! I'll post pictures from this morning later on this weekend. We had Bruce (Cayman S), Michael ('88 911) and Steve (993). Then, Michael and I went for a drive in through the countryside.

Next week is the historic car race at VIR. I might be joining the Ferrari guys to head up to the race - let me know if anyone else want to go.

Bob
Old 06-01-2008, 09:57 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Default 4 Attendees at Saturday's BFast

Hey, everyone,

Here are the pictures I snapped of the folks at Saturday's get together. Bruce, I'm sorry that I didn't take a picture of your beautiful car on Saturday - so, I've included a picture that I took a couple months ago.

Greg (Ferrari 308) asked to join the group on Saturdays - which we welcmed whole-heartedly. I've always wanted to learn about the care/feeding/performance of a Ferrari.

Enjoy the pictures!

Bob
Attached Images     
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Al-x
Instructor

I drove by briefly, it looked like a great turnout. Who had the beautiful 964 turbo?
Old 06-02-2008, 04:52 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hey, Al-x

The 964 turbo was a few weeks ago, unless he arrived after we left. I think it's for sale - you can PM 930man on 6speed if you'd like.

Had the rest of us left for our drive when you came by? I'm sorry we missed you.

Bob
Old 06-02-2008, 04:59 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hey, everyone,

Here's the info. regarding Saturday from Greg (Ferrari owner):

Good Afternoon Bob!

Great to meet you and Mike this morning over at Bean & Bagel.

Look forward to meeting you and the Porsche guys again next month (July) are Brier Creek.

Here's the details of the post on FerrariChat.com

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197048

Triangle Italians will be doing something a little different for our June 7th get-together. Rather than meeting @ Brier Creek for breakfast, we’ll be driving to VIR to watch the Gold Cup Historic Races.

We’ll be meeting at Sheetz on the corner of T.W. Alexander & South Miami Blvd (actual address is 3021 South Miami Blvd). The plan is to meet ~ 7:00AM, gas-up, get coffee, leave, and arrive @ VIR around 8:30AM.

Tickets for the Saturday races are $15.

Link to VIR Gold Cup Races: http://www.virclub.com/2008-vir-gold...ric-races.html

Looking forward to seeing everyone and assembling a good caravan of Ferrari’s (and Porsche's) for our drive to VIR!

If you'd like to go to VIR together, let me know.

Bob
Old 06-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Al-x
Instructor

Originally Posted by rotokim
Hey, Al-x

The 964 turbo was a few weeks ago, unless he arrived after we left. I think it's for sale - you can PM 930man on 6speed if you'd like.

Had the rest of us left for our drive when you came by? I'm sorry we missed you.

Bob
Actually I drove by quite early, had to be in the 8:30 area. There were several people gathered outside. I stopped briefly and saw the forementioned 964 and a beautiful 993 amazon green I believe as well. Just wanted to see the eye candy on my way in to work. Next week I will definitely be a little more social
Old 06-03-2008, 09:25 AM
bwileyr
Track Day

Lightbulb PCA Autocross at Maxton on 6/7

FYI: The 3rd Hurricane region autocross is also scheduled for this coming Saturday (June 7).

The probable schedule:
10:00 a.m. Inspection/sign-in
11:00 a.m. First Run Group
1:00 p.m. Second Run Group

Some folks will meet at the Bean and Bagel Cafe to leave for Maxton at 8 am (the travel time from B&B to the Laurinburg Maxton Airport is about 2 hours).
Old 06-04-2008, 11:03 PM
iii911ooo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bob,

I will be volunteering at the Tour d'Cure in Cary this Saturday so I won't make it . Maybe next week!

Randy
Old 06-04-2008, 11:20 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

That's a great cause and a great event. Enjoy. I'll take lots of pictures and video. It's going to be a little odd running with the Ferraris! What a great life.

Bob
Old 06-07-2008, 09:14 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks like I failed to read the thread..........I decided to take the car out for a drive and meet up with y'all at the Bean&Bagel but nobody was there. So let me get this straight, when y'all are at Bean&Bagel I am up at VIR and now that I went B&B y'all are at VIR. See the irony?
Old 06-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Today's the first time I would've been able to meet you guys...

I think I'll drive by there, just to make sure I can find it (and when else am I going to be awake unless I'm doing a track event at this hour)!
Ahmet
Old 06-07-2008, 06:42 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hey, Dell and Ahmet,

I almost turned around this morning and just went to the B&B - only one guy from the Ferrari group showed up and I missed him by a couple minutes. Bruce (Cayman S) was there too, but I missed him also. So, I'll be at the B&B next weekend. But it won't be for very long because we have guests in town. I'm going to force them to give me my Saturday morning car/coffee/bagel time. Maybe I'll see you next weekend. Or, if you're really interested in a 30-45 minute drive around Jordan Lake, give me a call - I'd be happy to go.

The weather this morning was actually perfect for a drive to VIR - I really enjoyed it. I arrived with no intention of participating in the car show, but there weren't that many people there and only 1 Porsche (964 Carrera cab). After I entered, I met John Henry (nickname) from Virginia who owns a beautiful black '82 928. He also entered it in the show. At the end, there were 5 Porsches in the show - a 944 and Bruce's Cayman S joined in.

Great day! Here's the link to many photos (some of them blurry b/c my batteries were dying). I'll post the shaky video from the track later.

Bob

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US
Old 06-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey, I actually know Bruce from the kart track (Rush hour in Garner).
I actually met John (Boxster) at the Bean & Bagel this morning, and had a nice chat.
I will be at VIR Tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday and next Saturday/Sunday as well, so once again, we don't get to meet. I'll keep trying in the future...
Ahmet

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels