996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

WTF? Ben Just got banned!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:44 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

I'm afraid I don't quite understand- I thought he had a major revelation several weeks ago and changed his ways and had become much more personable. I think I missed the final straw...but it must have been significant. Too bad, as I agree w/ others that PM'd him directly- very helpful and useful to me personally. Oh well, upward and onward!
Old 05-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
There was one before and will always be another "Ben." Ben was probably the most colorful of all which is why he sticks in our minds. I get a chuckle out of people here who think Rennlist is now heaven.
Same here. The big bad wolf is gone so the little piggies can come out and play now? C'mon...

Why does anyone feel intimidated from posting on an Internet forum? What do they say again the best way to stop bullying behavior? We're all adults here, there are other ways to deal with "trouble-makers" even without the moderator. Those who cry foul and yet continue to engage the offender are no better. We all have our own opinions, and if we get flamed, then we get flamed. Without differences, there can be no learning. We don't all have to have such delicate psyches.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

If you go to a place you like to hang out, but someone else goes that never shuts the **** up. He/she argues just to argue, seriously offends you and is constantly inappropriate and there's nothing you can do about it but put in a complaint, you end up just leaving until the owner/manager realizes that this person needs to go 'cause they're bad for business. This happens after enough people complain, leave and DON'T COME BACK

This wasn't Ben's house, but he acted like it was and chased many people away who didn't have the time 'nor energy for his antics and did NOT wanna be offended.

All that said, I hope Ben comes back and dials himself down -- I feel bad over all of this.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Steve-o
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1
Old 05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by arr0gant
If you go to a place you like to hang out, but someone else goes that never shuts the **** up. He/she argues just to argue, seriously offends you and is constantly inappropriate and there's nothing you can do about it but put in a complaint, you end up just leaving until the owner/manager realizes that this person needs to go cause he's bad for business. This wasn't Ben's house, but he acted like it was and chased many people away who didn't have the time 'nor energy for his antics.

I hope Ben comes back and dials himself down.
Gant, no doubt about Ben's delivery and general demeanor. Unlike a public place, however, where visual contact is unavoidable and no way to prevent his intrusion into every conversation, the beauty of an online forum is the ignore function. That virtually removes his antics from your experience entirely. There's no need to subject yourself to that which leads to your eventual departure. I understand the unpleasantry, but it takes a lot more than Ben and the like to drive me from a place I love hanging out at.

I'm not challenging your feelings; just giving my take, that's all.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:47 PM
lfe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ucube
That virtually removes his antics from your experience entirely.
I would agree, except in this case, He so overwhelmed a discussion that the responses are overwhelming, and they are in many cases from contributers who I would not want to filter.
Yes if everyone who might be inclined to respond to the rubbish would put the individual on ignore this would work, but alas that is unlikely.

I also hope Ben comes back, but grown up and polite next time.
Larry
Old 05-08-2008, 04:04 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

FWIW, ignore does blank out a user's posts, but you can still read their posts if they are quoted by others. Plus, it disturbs the flow of a thread if there a bunch of ignored posts in there. I say we all just dial it back a notch and focus our emotions on the cars. We all probably have to deal with enough crap in our daily lives. Rennlist should be a respite...even if you disagree with certain posts.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:46 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Folks,

After more than a few pages - I'm guessing this thread is all done. I'll close it - and if anyone objects - just PM me, OK???

Best to you!

John

Quick Reply: WTF? Ben Just got banned!