Sponsored by:

Is the 911 underpowered?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S

Finally, the rear seats in the 996 are not useless. I've gone on double dates in my car (men in front, ladies in the rear). If you can't get a date back there Ben she's fat......
go big or go home, right?

if u guys want purist, lightweight then go big (or small/light) and get the elise. don't call up a 996 911 for its lightweight qualities. it's 3100lbs+ for a small two seater car with jokes for rear seats.

all of you guys and your thin women... post up some damn pics of you and your "shawties" in the back seat and make things entertaining for us will ya v. just typing out characters like anyone else can do? now that's a challenge for all you fools who have a certain disdain for the fattys! (that's so inconsiderate you vain fools, post pics of your damn self too while you're at it and ill have my shawties judge you).
Old 03-31-2008, 11:56 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by steve germany
Ben,

Wait till you get older and meet a woman with small children - the 911 will be close to a sex toy.
i actually did laugh out loud to this one
Old 04-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
all of you guys and your thin women... post up some damn pics of you and your "shawties" in the back seat and make things entertaining for us will ya v. just typing out characters like anyone else can do? now that's a challenge for all you fools who have a certain disdain for the fattys! (that's so inconsiderate you vain fools, post pics of your damn self too while you're at it and ill have my shawties judge you).
Ben,

Come to Chicago and I'll introduce you to my hottie! (after the baby is born)

But I aint posting no pics on the world wide web.......
Old 04-01-2008, 02:13 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

LOLLLO

i may be there soon for work - let's grab some dinner at Boka. i like that joint. or if it's just the fellas, let's hit up G & G for some meaty cuts.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
heelix
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
I think we can agree that bone stock, a current 911 is faster around the track than a current BMW M3. The bimmer is heavier and the brakes are a weak spot. with a 911 you pay for and get balanced performance, acceleration, cornering, braking and let's not forget safety. An Elise is wonderful but I would not want to have an accident in one.
You sure about that? I got a chance to drive one of the new E90's, and my god was that thing snappy. Granted, a 2001 C4 is not exactly a pocket rocket, but with the limited time I got to drive it.. (heresy) it was impressive.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

An E90 M3 is a V8..lets be fair....I've driven Z3M's & Coupes and the Z4M Coupe. I thought the Z4 M Coupe was it..my next car (still like the shifter, clutch and steering wheel better), but the PSM vs DSC is a no brainer, the Porsche seats are more comfortable (sport to sport), and the interior layout in the Porsche is better. Now, if you compare new $ to new $ then the Z4M is a bargain compared to a new 997....all of this is spirited street driving BTW...I don't track..yet.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:04 PM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

OK - summary time (shamelessly biased):

1) 3100 lbs (mine weighed in at 3080) is light by todays standards.
2) Rear seats are crucial for fathers (like me), or even for touring. 25% of the reason I am a 911 man.
3) Rear engine is, and always has been a benefit for braking and acceleration.
4) Porsches are faster at the 'ring - yes this a valid measure of performance.
5) 320 hp is ample hp for a 3100 lb Porsche, but not for a 3500 lb BMW. You wan to go faster, buy a Turbo or a GT3.

I actually like that my Porsche has lower hp than the guy next to me at the track. Makes for easy gloating when you beat them.

"oh geez - is your car not running right because I'd think you should have walked all over me, but you didn't".

Quick Reply: Is the 911 underpowered?