996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Clutch and Flywheel Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

DC, roberga, and insite, thanks for taking the time to post the information, I really appreciate the advice. It sounds like each of you would do the LWFW again, which says a lot. I am hoping to eventually do lots of open track events in this car...I sold my tiptronic 996 and bought this, just so I could have a 6-speed and LSD. I never mind replacing a part on my car, when I can replace it with something that makes it faster or more fun to drive.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:09 AM
jmla
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car came equipped with an RS clutch/flywheel. I'm not bothered by the "clattering" sound at idle, but I am bothered by the "chatter" (vibration) that is felt when releasing the pedal during engagement (it's most noticeable when reversing). All in all, I would recommend the upgrade! I suggest looking into adding a crankcase breather/vent while you have it apart.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:41 PM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmla
My car came equipped with an RS clutch/flywheel. I'm not bothered by the "clattering" sound at idle, but I am bothered by the "chatter" (vibration) that is felt when releasing the pedal during engagement (it's most noticeable when reversing). All in all, I would recommend the upgrade! I suggest looking into adding a crankcase breather/vent while you have it apart.
i know exactly what you mean. i've found that if i let the car rev a bit more than i would with the stock FW, this chatter does not occur.

Quick Reply: Clutch and Flywheel Recommendations