Sponsored by:

New Shoes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfletch
Thanks guys. Blue and black don't match??? Here is a picture of sex on wheels...
great comparison. a 7 figure car compared to a $30K car that doesn't even share the same dual colored paint scheme, sits on nice classic silver OZ wheels, and not even the same shade of blue . good one bro.

try this experiment:

put on your best navy suit over a black dress shirt or if u dont have a navy suit, put on black slacks and a navy dress shirt and then go up to any nice looking lady u find hittable at the mall, ask whether the color combo works or not.

apply the same closet full of clothes color matching logic to your 911. youre welcome.

p.s. sorry if i sound like an arsehole i'm really not trying to be one
Old 03-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Steve, thanks. Any luck on finding an airbag for your steering wheel?
Irksome, I have 225s in front because it is what I was running on the old 7.5 inch wheels. I'm going to see how it handles and possibly upgrade to 235s in front.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi

p.s. sorry if i sound like an arsehole i'm really not trying to be one
You could try harder
Old 03-14-2008, 11:04 PM
ls911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mother
Nice but seems like missing something. Just a thiought..
That is what I was talking about, a splash of color. IMO it makes a world of difference, well done Mother
Old 03-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mother
Nice but seems like missing something. Just a thiought..

YUP! whatever was red in that pic... go with yellow... yellow painted calipers and yellow graphics.... yellow on blue and black would look KILLER....

does look like something is missing... nice rims though!

maybe even just going yellow calipers would do the trick...!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:21 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Mark, I like it... though I had to look at it for a long time to really appreciate it. What I suggest is to keep all the other trimmings black (front spoiler, gurney lip, rear bumperetts) I would also consider putting a black bra on the side mirrors... I think with all these other trimming in black, it will all come together... With the aero its gonna look sweet. Good job Mark.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Mother , that looks cool. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I saw some interesting wheel colors at the powercoating shop today. I might think about a body colored stripe on them when I have the aero kit painted or just painting the center caps iris blue. I hope your search for a new engine is going well.
Everytime I get a chance to pull trigger on rebuilt eng the falling dollar causes the engine to go up . Body color match as wheel trim would be nice also you might even find some 1/8-1/4 pin stripping down at checker in close color just to see the results before any major investment. Nice to see your at the eye candy part of your project.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:16 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think once the aero kit goes on, the car will completely look different even with those black wheels on.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:40 AM
TMAC
Instructor

tooloud, thanks...done.
Paul, thanks I think the aero kit will help also. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the graphics also. Picture Bella's car in blue.
BK, thanks..I can't wait to get your taco tail on it. I have all the other parts. I just have to get the paint going.
Mother , that looks cool. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I saw some interesting wheel colors at the powercoating shop today. I might think about a body colored stripe on them when I have the aero kit painted or just painting the center caps iris blue. I hope your search for a new engine is going well.
I have no idea what I'm going to do about the center caps. I have three of the original Kinesis caps (pictured). I don't know if I can purchase another matching one. My nice metal polished caps don't fit good on these wheels...so I'm not going to bother having them powdercoated. Any ideas would be appreciated. For now, I'm going capless.
I like the look. I too have black wheels on my car.
Do you have any more pictures of the grey car on the trailor? I have thought about doing that exact same graphic.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:56 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mfletch,
Love the new color, way better than chrome.... I didn't want to say anything bad about the project car because, well you know, "If you don't have anything good to say..." (I didn't like them on the old car too....)

But I'm jealous of the new wheels. I think they would look great on a vesuvio metallic car as well. So if you want to switch to something else because of Choi's comments, I'll take those ones off your hands.....

I like the weight loss too. Nice....
Old 03-15-2008, 03:00 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Redridge, you read my mind. I wasn't sure I would like the color. After looking at the car with the wheels on, I notice that it already has a ton of black trim on it from the factory. The wheels just add to it. My wife suggested the mirror bras. I saw a bra on the front of your car in a couple of your pictures. I will probably get one after I have the aero kit installed because I'm going to have the hood repainted due to rock chips. I was spoiled with the previous car because I had it completely repainted...no rock chips. Your feedback means a lot to me...your car is stunning. I bid on two EVO SCs within the past three weeks. I lost on both, but I will eventually win one of them. I really need to learn how to drive what I have, before I add any more power. I'm ready for a track day.
Mother, sorry to hear you haven't found an engine yet. It is a shame the dollar is so weak. A stroked Autofarm engine would be a nice addition to your supercharger. I lost oil pressure on my Saleen Mustang while racing a Shelby Mustang. It was a great excuse to drop in a 420hp stroker motor (best 10k I ever spent...my credit card took a serious hit on that one). It is a shame we don't have a cost effective option like that for our Porsches.
Arnee, your's looks sweet with the black wheels.
TMAC, I don't have any more pictures of that car. I think it belongs to "bela1", you might search under his name. I'm going to ask him where he bought it, when I have the aero kit painted. I'll post pictures and info (where to get the graphics) when I find out.
Eharrison, thanks for your kindness...my mom taught me the same thing. I always thought about getting the black wheels on my vesuvio car. When I had some tires installed at America's Tire Store, they put a black wheel up against my Vesuvio 996. I loved the look, they would look great on yours. That color will always be one of my favorites. Tire Rack's site has an upgrade garage...Vesuvio is in their system. You can actually see a picture of black wheels on a vesuvio 996. I have some chromies I'll give you a great deal on Post some pictures when you get the new wheels...tax refunds are coming soon.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:04 AM
TMAC
Instructor

Thanks Mfletch, just shoot me a PM or something when you get more info on the graphics.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:05 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

My pleasure TMAC. Will do.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:09 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Mark... my black Work wheels are being refinished right now to brushed centers. I've seen way too many black center/polished lip here in SoCal. Nevertheless, I still think the all-black wheels look good on your car. Might I suggest smoked side markers instead of the bright chrome looking sidemarkers?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

wheels look good. I think the flat black will look even better when aero is installed!

Quick Reply: New Shoes!