Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

C4S SOLD!!! Forgive me, but I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:36 AM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms.Greta
Well I probably shouldn't out of respect to the new owner, but if we just keep this to ourselves, it sold for $63,995 (2004 with 55k miles, fully loaded, original sticker was $100k, and included CPO)...
Wow, that's great. I mean really great. My car is an '03 but with about half the miles and I know I'd be thrilled to get anything like that price since it's only $20k less than I paid for my car five years ago ($90k sticker -5k discount), or $4k per year or only $333 per month...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:50 AM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am very glad you got full price, but if I recall correctly you did indeed have to drop the price once.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by blk on blk
I am very glad you got full price, but if I recall correctly you did indeed have to drop the price once.
Yes, actually you are correct. For the first two weeks, it was listed at $67k. After all the crap I took on the forum (I mean constructive criticism), we lowered it to $63995.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by lanny
yes- if I knew that I was getting a turbo soon I would have a hard time thinking of anything else- congrats on the sale - your car was sharp so I am not completely suprised that it brought all the $$
Yes, that is exactly the problem I am having. I wake up at night thinking about my new turbo. The wait is just killing me - but it is getting close now.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Yes, actually you are correct. For the first two weeks, it was listed at $67k. After all the crap I took on the forum (I mean constructive criticism), we lowered it to $63995.
Congrats! Great price! Which sites did you use to advertise the car?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:39 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with you. You'd think that the 996 owners themselves value their car HIGHER than those that do not own them! Instead, they tend to lowball people trying to sell their car. Oh well. c'est la vie.

Again, congrats on the awesome price.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
Congrats! Great price! Which sites did you use to advertise the car?
I actually put it for sale on consignment at Barrier Porsche. I realized it gets rather complicated taking that much money from a stranger when selling the car yourself. Then there is the liability/risks while showing, etc. which I was not comfortable with. Also, I got the impression that when people spend that much money for a car that many prefer to purchase from a dealer that they can go back to in the event of problems. in my case, I took it to the dealer that had the extended CPO warranty on the car and who had done all my maintenance. They knew my car well (I actually had purchased it from the General Manager of Porsche when I bought it - it was his personal car) so they could represent it well to buyers since they knew it so well. They did good by me.

Quick Reply: C4S SOLD!!! Forgive me, but I TOLD YOU SO!!!