Sponsored by:

Thoughts about the Exige S

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by UFO007
The Exige S seat only moves forward and backward; no other adjustments.

Besides, leg room is never the issue, it's leg width room and shoulder room that has me covered in bruises.
Oops, I think you're right. I've only been in one once and I can't recall whether it was an Elise or an Exige...I'm assuming they're essentially the same.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:06 AM
ez996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seat moves only forward and backward and only driver side, passenger side is bolted to the floor and can't be moved. I'm 6,3 tall and 190lbs no problem plenty of room. Actually I don't even extend seat all the way back so one notch is still left. Exige S 240 has more race oriented seat unlike Elise. Elises VVT kicks in at about 6500rpm (naturally aspirated motor). Exige S VVT engagement is I believe below 4000rpm.
Exige is a lot more drivable on the streets since makes power on lower rpm's and red line is 8500.
Body wise two different cars. Front and rear clam shells are unique to each model. It is not recommended to remove roof in Exige since it is fully functional inlet for inter cooler.
Personally if I could afford it, I would have probably both my Porsche and Exige S. But since I can't, Porsche is my choice. Just something about it. I know people talking about Ferrari's how much better it is and all that crap.Well friends you should see Ferrari with over 50k-70k on it - they need rebuilding. I get to drive a lot of exotic cars all the time. But there is something about that 911 makes me coming back for more.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:14 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,737 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
The car is simply a POS.

It has a great engine (due to Toyota), awesome over built gas cap bezel, and way too overkill door hinges, but that is where it all stops. These cars rattle from the factory, the handling is not that impressive (I never felt confident like the 996), and they spin out very easy. Not to mention feedback is not that great. The center console flexes like a wet noodle, the windshield frame flexes when you climb out of the car to the point it may crack (which they mention do not pull on, but how else do you get out of the car?), and the fenders feel like you can rip them off when pulling on them.

There is one point of the car that simply kicks major @$$, the sound of the exhaust is spectacular, I love the way they sound!!!

P.S. the engines have suffered valvetrain wear issues (cam lobe wear) on some Toy motors.........
i hope you are kidding.
lotus is a toy not a car, so rattle is part of the charm. if you dont like rattle, dont buy lotus. it's like you dont like oil leaks, dont buy porsche. any bone dry porsche is not a real porsche, sorry.

lotus will out handle any 993 996 997 including GT3 or even cup cars. yours may not have been set up right.

i had mine for 8 months or so, 15000 miles, not a problem. drove from BW to TH race track 600 miles non stop other than gas (10 gal tank).

it's not perfect, but it's one hell of a track car or weekend fun car. if i had more garage space, i would have kept mine.

btw, a much faster 3 second faster than me, GT3 driver had a fun run with a exige cup 255 at LS yesterday. the GT3 driver is a much faster/better driver than the lotus pilot and it was NOT easy for the GT3 to get by the lotus. THAT tells you something.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i hope you are kidding.
Nope, and I am not taking back any words. Track piece, yes, that is it. They made it street legal and that is where it's shortcomings surface. When I say POS, I am talking of the build quality. I am sorry, I can never tell when it is going to spin out, the 996 offers way more confidence. I am talking all street here, not on the track with track tires. Take it how you want, I cant imagine a GT3 owner liking the car........

Quick Reply: Thoughts about the Exige S