Sponsored by:

04 Litronic adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 04 Litronic adjustment

I have searched for the difinitive answer to the question; Is there some kind of adjustment for the up and down setting on 04 litronic headlights?

I cannot find a difinitive answer so I will tell you what I think I know and ask the rest.

From what I read, my 04 has AUTOMATIC headlight adjusters. Something about hitting the high beams (which I have done many times) and them adjusting to the high beam setting. I have X-73 suspension on my car and as you know that lowers the nose about 30mm which is enough to make the beams point so low that at speed I cannot see far enough ahead to be safe.

About a week ago, I purchased a BMW with factory litronics and every time I turn my lights on I can physically see them adjust up and down and then settle. I have NEVER seen my Porsche lights move at all. This comparrison raised a red flag and is telling me that maybe my Porsche lights are NOT ADJUSTING.

Can someone please tell me point blank if there is anything I can do about raising the low beam setting? The brights seem fine but I cannot continue to drive everywhere with them on.

As a last resort, if someone can show me how to get these light assemblies out of the car I will change the mounting system if need be. I am so frustrated with these LOW LIGHTS.

Thanks, eric
Old 11-19-2007, 01:14 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

did you try the dip test (light switch on, then turn on ignition)
Old 11-19-2007, 01:49 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

I will try that. Just turn the light switch on and then start the engine??
Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Doug Donsbach
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

What does the owners manual say about headlight adjustment?
Old 11-19-2007, 09:32 AM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

hah - just took mine to dealer for same issue... adjusted the height, but then the left one would not "dip" during the ignition test, the right one worked fine.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Here ya go.......
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Litronics p1.pdf (143.8 KB, 350 views)
File Type: pdf
Litronics p2.pdf (136.4 KB, 228 views)
Old 01-27-2008, 01:06 AM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Apologies for reviving an old thread but it was perfect for my question.
Just upgraded to bi-xenon on my 02 C4s. The high beam is crazy bright but the I feel the low falls a little short. I need to vertically adjust the low beam upward. Looking at the pdf Dell posted from the owners manual.....I opened my Flap "B" but there is no hexagonal nut in there!! Is it something that just came with cars with the factory litronic option? If yes....what can I do to adjust this? Do I have to pull the lights out?

DD
Old 01-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Doug Donsbach
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by desidon
Apologies for reviving an old thread but it was perfect for my question.
Just upgraded to bi-xenon on my 02 C4s. The high beam is crazy bright but the I feel the low falls a little short. I need to vertically adjust the low beam upward. Looking at the pdf Dell posted from the owners manual.....I opened my Flap "B" but there is no hexagonal nut in there!! Is it something that just came with cars with the factory litronic option? If yes....what can I do to adjust this? Do I have to pull the lights out?
A 5mm hex bit doesn't engage in the adjuster?
Old 01-27-2008, 04:10 PM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Doug...there is nothing in there. I open the plastic flap "B" and I hit the flat backside of another panel. There is nothing in there. What am I missing?
Old 01-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Doug Donsbach
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by desidon
Doug...there is nothing in there. I open the plastic flap "B" and I hit the flat backside of another panel. There is nothing in there. What am I missing?
No clue. You should probably remove the assembly and see what is on the side of the housing.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:01 PM
bernocco930S
Racer

OK guys. Back from a very long absence due to major surgery. Still down but at least able to think again. BTW, do not have a CLUE when the next time I will be able to drive my C4S again - yikes!

Anyway, I did try the light switch ON/START thing and it did move the lights up and down. Give that a try and see if you see fnd the same. I admit although that I cannot really tell if the settings are any higher though. I did this test just before I went in for surgery but did not drive the car. I can only confirm that I did see the lights dip and raise.

As far as the hex adjustment, I was told the same thing and went searching. I found the covers but NOTHING behind them. Then I went searching on the threads. What I found was someone saying that the early cars had that manual adjustment but the NEWER and C4S cars (mine is 04 C4S) did NOT have that adjustment.

So I kind of feel like I am back to square one. I am just living with the fact my lights might be low forever. Hmmmm, maybe I will just mount some great big round Hella's on my hood!

Regards and confused,
eric
Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bernocco930S
OK guys. Back from a very long absence due to major surgery. Still down but at least able to think again. BTW, do not have a CLUE when the next time I will be able to drive my C4S again - yikes!

Anyway, I did try the light switch ON/START thing and it did move the lights up and down. Give that a try and see if you see fnd the same. I admit although that I cannot really tell if the settings are any higher though. I did this test just before I went in for surgery but did not drive the car. I can only confirm that I did see the lights dip and raise.

As far as the hex adjustment, I was told the same thing and went searching. I found the covers but NOTHING behind them. Then I went searching on the threads. What I found was someone saying that the early cars had that manual adjustment but the NEWER and C4S cars (mine is 04 C4S) did NOT have that adjustment.

So I kind of feel like I am back to square one. I am just living with the fact my lights might be low forever. Hmmmm, maybe I will just mount some great big round Hella's on my hood!

Regards and confused,
eric
Eric, it's good to have you back. I was thinking about you late last week because I "borrowed" your pics of the Snap Ring Pliers for a DIY Muffler swap I wrote for someone. I knew I hadn't seen you here in a while.

I hope the surgery went well and hope that it was nothing serious. It's good to "see" you back here. How long will you be recuperating? That sucks that you won't be able to drive C4S for a while. Maybe I should come over there and drive the C4S, so it doesn't sit too long.

Take care and take it easy.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:46 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

Hey Tim,

Wow, thanks for noticing! It means a lot to me to know that I have been missed by someone. Thanks again for telling me. I guess the easiest way to bring you up to date is to reprint the email I sent to PCA-SBR my home club. It was also printed in the FEB issue of the SBR news letter. I am touched and blessed.

The only thing I will add to the below is that we are not doing as well as I expected. I just got out of the hosp yesterday because of blood clots - THREE of them. One in right leg and two in lungs (one each) Man it has been a struggle or challenge. My energy level and strength are both very low and I do have some continuing pains and annoyments that hopefully time will heal.

If you can make it out here you are welcome to drive the car, although I have a neighborhood full of people that think they should be first in line. LOL, I would prefer someone experienced like you although!
eric

<<<<reprint>>>>
I am sorry we could not have been at the Christmas Party, but we took time
out to participate in the single greatest and most astounding miracle
I may ever be a part of in my life. On Dec. 12, 2007 my Wife Deonna
and I checked into UCLA Med Center at 5 AM. About an hour and a half
later she was rolled off to surgery. I joined her about an hour after
that in an ajoining OR to receive the greatest gift a human can
receive.

That day Deonna donated one of her kidneys to me that has saved my
life. Deonna has become one of a very special and unselfish group of
people that are recognizing the value and improtance of donating life
by becoming an organ donor.

The surgeries were both a complete and amazing success. Immediately
on the operating table my new kidney sprang to life and performed
it's function right before the surgeons eyes. That signaled the
beginning of the closing procedure.

Now, some 19 days post opp, my medical and clinical checkups prove
that kidney function is almost normal or at least as normal as can be
expected for a transplant recipient at this time.

We are recovering slowly but surely. Our gratefulness is immeasurable
and we feel overwhelmingly blessed in our appreciation of what the
surgical teams and modern medicine have been able to accomplish.

We both want to thank everyone in PCASBR for their encouragement,
positive thoughts and continuing prayers - they work! Please keep us
in your prayers as there are still several bumps to climb
in the coming weeks and months. We both look forward to joining the
club in upcoming events in 2008.

Happy Holidays,
eric and Deonna - Kody Too!
Attached Images   
Old 01-29-2008, 08:35 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

WOW, Eric! What a great story! I hope both you and Deonna recover quickly and completely!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a wonderful story and I wish you all the health in the new year!

Quick Reply: 04 Litronic adjustment