996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

ROW 030 for C4S with part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I have the same settings as ArneeA. There's a few more available negative degrees of camber in the rear, but -1 in front is max in the X73 without changing the links or flipping the mounts.

Tires hold up fair with those settings, inner wear not too bad. That comes with a few caveats, though. I make it a point to use the street tires occasionally on the track and not just the track tires, so that helps even out the wear. I also like like the P-Zero Assims, contrary to most everyone here, as the tire comes with beefier inner tread compared to other tires.

On the track with the track tires, Sport Cups, the rears wear out evenly. The outer tread on the front tires wear a little more. A bit more negative camber will help, but I'm not too sure I want to compromise street driving any more than I already have.

You may also notice a little more tramlining on uneven pavement when street driving. Small price to pay for the quicker turn-in at the track.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Doug Donsbach
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Seeeu911
my car is a C2 and the dealer in Orlando is quoting me 11 hours of install plus alignment time. Is this much time accurate ?
Seems off by at least a factor of 2. When dealers quote numbers like this, are they saying:
  1. We don't have a tech who can do this
  2. We will probably screw the job up, so pad the labor to allow for stuff we break
  3. Hey, it's a Porsche - everything costs more on these things!

Just wondering.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:59 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by infanterene
ArneeA- how do your tires hold up with those settings on the street. This is not my daily driver but I do drive it alot.
Originally Posted by Palting
I have the same settings as ArneeA. There's a few more available negative degrees of camber in the rear, but -1 in front is max in the X73 without changing the links or flipping the mounts.

Tires hold up fair with those settings, inner wear not too bad. That comes with a few caveats, though. I make it a point to use the street tires occasionally on the track and not just the track tires, so that helps even out the wear. I also like like the P-Zero Assims, contrary to most everyone here, as the tire comes with beefier inner tread compared to other tires.

On the track with the track tires, Sport Cups, the rears wear out evenly. The outer tread on the front tires wear a little more. A bit more negative camber will help, but I'm not too sure I want to compromise street driving any more than I already have.

You may also notice a little more tramlining on uneven pavement when street driving. Small price to pay for the quicker turn-in at the track.
What Palting said.

There's some tramlining but it's tolerable. Granted, my rear toe isn't the most aggressive. It could be set to zero and the car would be fun with the rears coming out more often and the AWD kicking in to pull the car out of the turn.

As for tire wear with those settings, I can't comment on that yet. I rarely have time these days to drive the car but when I do, I drive it "spiritedly" in the canyons, which helps with the even tire wear, esp with the -2.5deg rear camber.

Turn in is crisp with the front setting. But like I said, some less rear toe in would be even better - at *some* compromise of high speed stability.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Seeeu911
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Donsbach
Seems off by at least a factor of 2. When dealers quote numbers like this, are they saying:
  1. We don't have a tech who can do this
  2. We will probably screw the job up, so pad the labor to allow for stuff we break
  3. Hey, it's a Porsche - everything costs more on these things!

Just wondering.
yes, i think you are right. Like ArneeA said as well a long lunch too.

I will order the M030 kit from Sunset and need to find an Orlando Indy to do this.

Quick Reply: ROW 030 for C4S with part numbers