Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imdrew12
Don't laugh!
A haircut would fix the problem.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Jim 'n' SC
Racer

I'm a commercial real estate agent and most of my clients don't have a problem. I think most of them want to do business with people who are successful. Most people wouldn't list a property with me if I drove up in a clunker! I also drive a Dakota pickup on bad days and find that other drivers are nicer to me when I'm in the Porsche. Women smile, people let me in line, it's really quite nice.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:03 PM
bmartini
Instructor

wasn't there a poll done a few years back for a German magazine that reported Porsche drivers get laid the least out of all car owners and BMW drivers get the most?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Jon996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim 'n' SC
I'm a commercial real estate agent and most of my clients don't have a problem. I think most of them want to do business with people who are successful. Most people wouldn't list a property with me if I drove up in a clunker! I also drive a Dakota pickup on bad days and find that other drivers are nicer to me when I'm in the Porsche. Women smile, people let me in line, it's really quite nice.

[re: Avatar] A Festivus for the Restofus! December 23!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bmartini
wasn't there a poll done a few years back for a German magazine that reported Porsche drivers get laid the least out of all car owners and BMW drivers get the most?
BMW drivers are all 16-25 something year old unmarried yuppies who drink coffee's with unpronounceable names, spend more money on wallets than on their mortgage and can't stand next to a fireplace or their hair will explode.

Porsche drivers are usually married, 35+ year olds with 2.3 children, 401K's worth more than a Monet painting and hire BMW drivers to pick up their dry cleaning.

Which would you rather be
Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim 'n' SC
You know, I've actually noticed that myself. When I'm on, say, I-80, traffic is usually more apt to move over for me in the Porsche versus any of my other cars.

Of course, the other day a couple of teenagers in a beater flipped me off at a stoplight as they drove by, so I guess I'm back to square 1.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

^ meh...teenagers these days are wastes of oxygen and barely deserve to live. Personally I blame MTV and Hippies.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Stefan Richter
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I'm a fairly defensive driver, and love the look of surprise when I let someone in line, or waive them into an intersection at a stop sign. I also find it hilarious that people on the highway, no matter what they drive, find it necessary to pass the p-car. In the year I've owned the 996, I have never felt guilt. However, I do on occasion, like others have written, justify the car to clients. Mostly, I tell them that it was cheaper than a new Passat, and that when my wife turned forty, I took on her burden to have the mid-life crisis.

Stefan
Old 02-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by carpundit
A haircut would fix the problem.
way to kick a guy when he's down

the guy steps up to prove his point that he looks younger than his age - i respect anyone who backs up his talk

more than half you guys on this board would envy the very fact that he's got a full head o' hair.

tough crowd
Old 02-07-2008, 12:02 AM
rleeq
Racer

I’ve had customers make comments about the cost of our services and the fact that I own a Porsche in the same sentence. I tell them that our prices are competitive and that I’m not just good at managing my company’s money.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

0% guilt with the Porsches. Never a doubt in my mind, they are resonable priced daily performance car, why would anyone feel guilty about owning one?

I have not figured out how to deal with the guilt on the f-car yet.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX

I have not figured out how to deal with the guilt on the f-car yet.
get over it dude. seriously. start feeling guilty if you're rolling a new scuderia.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
get over it dude. seriously. start feeling guilty if you're rolling a new scuderia.
Wouldn't happen, can't get it. Not even a money issue.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:44 AM
450knotOffice
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
And guys, the expression is "couldn't care less" as in you're so not caring about it, you have no more care to possibly give.

If you "could care less", then yea you could.
Properly noted and remedied, Ben. Thanks. I wasn't thinking clearly when I typed that message late last night.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Duane993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben, like your profile pic..is that a typical fridaynite at your crib.
Back to Porsche envy. I drive mine to work once a week. The first reaction is usually, wow you make too much money, or the porcupine and Porsche joke. My reaction was to slowly corrupt them. It took a year, but I've convinced two others (one male and one female) to drink the coolaid and buy a Porsche. Now there are three of us who's end goal is to have the entire company parking lot full of Porsches. Fortunatly it's a small company.

Quick Reply: How do you handle the guilt?