996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Christmas gift

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:36 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a B&M SSK (which I already installed) and a new sport shift **** to go with it.

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
I got $150 worth of Griots Garage gift certificates and an in-line water softener with filter (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1)

Think I will buy this Orbital set... (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...sealant+kit.do)... does anybody have experience with this?
I have it, and like it so much my brother and I got one for my dad last year for Christmas. You have to use their wax and polish, but it is great stuff.

No affiliation, but I use several of their products, most notably:

1. Wax and Polish (with orbital)
2. Clay and Speed Shine (Clay before every wax - Speed Shine is the lubricant and great painted surface cleaner as well)
3. Spray on wax (after every wash)
4. Interior cleaner - great in the house also
5. Leather conditioner
6. Drying microfiber waffle towel

I buy speed shine, interior cleaner, and spray on wax by the gallon, they are all excellent. I also just finished my garage with their garage floor paint.

I have experience with many of their products, pm me if interested in more detail.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:15 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
I got $150 worth of Griots Garage gift certificates and an in-line water softener with filter (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1)

Think I will buy this Orbital set... (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...sealant+kit.do)... does anybody have experience with this?
Dutchie, I would not get the "package deal" unless it contains all products I have used or would want to use. You could be getting products you don't like and the "deal" isn't good it you don't use the products.

I bought a Porter Cable dual action polisher 2-1/2 years ago and really like it. However, I chose to use products from different manufacturers for various uses. The polisher will do exactly what DallasC4S stated above.

If you need more info you can check out Autogeek.net or autopia-carcare.com. Both sites have a "How to..." video with a D/A polisher. Also, here is a link to a thread I started after I did my first complete detail with the PC polisher.

PC Polisher, Pads & Products Info
Old 12-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Jon996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DFC
I got a B&M SSK (which I already installed) and a new sport shift **** to go with it.

I have it, and like it so much my brother and I got one for my dad last year for Christmas. You have to use their wax and polish, but it is great stuff.

No affiliation, but I use several of their products, most notably:

1. Wax and Polish (with orbital)
2. Clay and Speed Shine (Clay before every wax - Speed Shine is the lubricant and great painted surface cleaner as well)
3. Spray on wax (after every wash)
4. Interior cleaner - great in the house also
5. Leather conditioner
6. Drying microfiber waffle towel

I buy speed shine, interior cleaner, and spray on wax by the gallon, they are all excellent. I also just finished my garage with their garage floor paint.

I have experience with many of their products, pm me if interested in more detail.
Thanks for the report--I have not had enough nerve to try an orbital yet, but with a report like this I think I will. (PS: That spray on wax after wash is really a nice touch--works better than I ever expected.)
Old 12-27-2007, 10:32 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon996
Thanks for the report--I have not had enough nerve to try an orbital yet, but with a report like this I think I will. (PS: That spray on wax after wash is really a nice touch--works better than I ever expected.)
Thanks, hope it helped. The orbitals mentioned above are random orbitals, it's the straight orbitals which should be avoided unless you are an absolute expert (even then, I would stay away). These straight orbitals can very easily heat up and burn the paint/finish. I do not have experience with the PC model, but the Griots model, used with their pads/wax will NOT heat and cause finish damage.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:36 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a new wallet... ironic since the wallet has been empty since I've owned the Porsche. j/k

No porsche related items for me as this is my first year owning the C4S and 944.

Quick Reply: Christmas gift