Sponsored by:

Front seat belt latch replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:36 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front seat belt latch replacement

I want to replace my seat belt latches on both the driver and passenger sides. My driver side latch does not work well, it sticks in the down position occasionally, and both latches are severely faded and look like crap (they're pink and scratched, I am particular, and it annoy's me to no end...).

I bought two used replacments which are in excellent condition, and would like to do the swap as painlessly as possible!

I assume that the seats need to be removed due to the tensioner cables, but I cannot see the routing of the cable after it tucks into the seat base, so I am not totally sure what to expect. I also would disconnect the negative connection of the battery before I begin. Also, I assume the cable with the four pins is for the driver seat while the two pin is for the passenger side (easy enough to verify when apart).

Any advice from someone with experience would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

DFC, my seats are out of the car right now....I will go take a couple pictures and post them in a few minutes.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Hopefully these pictures help you. My seats do not have any options. They were very easy to remove (about 10 minutes per side). If there are any specific questions I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask. Good luch, Mark.
Attached Images      
Old 12-27-2007, 11:21 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Thanks Mark! As I suspected, based on the wire route, the seats have to come off - glad it's an easy job. I plan to do this soon (so there may be more questions coming...). Thanks again for the pics and the help, and I hope all is going well on your project!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Don, I'm glad I could help. My project is abandoned for a few days to spend time with the family. I'll be jumping back in with renewed enthusiasm (hopefully) in a couple days. I hope you have a great New Year.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:37 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

I am also in standby mode for at least the next week for the same reasons. Thanks again Mark, and a great New Year to you as well.

Quick Reply: Front seat belt latch replacement