Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What's involved fitting an OEM GT3 rear deck lid to a '02+ 996?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deckman
Jake, I don't think that first sentence came out quite as you'd meant The rest of the message get's your sentements accross nicely and I agree 100%
Ooops....I meant you are a rare breed and the rest are dime a dozen.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:53 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by deckman
Jake, I don't think that first sentence came out quite as you'd meant The rest of the message get's your sentements accross nicely and I agree 100%
Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Ooops....I meant you are a rare breed and the rest are dime a dozen.
Deckman, what did you expect, he's CANADIAN!

Jake, I'm kidding! Just trying to have a little fun.

My wife is always screwing common phrases up. Years ago, we were bantering back and forth with some good natured finger pointing and she finally said "Well, look who's calling the who, who!" I looked at her and said "Did you mean... look at the pot calling the kettle black?" Her reply was, "Well, you knew what I meant!" I still laugh at that one every time I think about it.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
deckman
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing against our friends from the 51st state! I spend a lot of time in Canada, my company is based in Ottawa.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

What is your company name? Are you in IT?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Lerxst
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update on my issue...

I did a search on the member who sold me the GT3 decklid. He's an active member, but hasn't posted in three weeks, when I sent him my first email with other concerns about the decklid.

So said member may be MIA and not have received my emails yet. He was very friendly and an active member, so I'm holding out hope that this will be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Joe
Old 12-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Good Luck...he may be away for the holidays. Hope you get it resolved or list it on eBay.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:44 PM
M Fig
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Lerxst,

I think you are doing the right thing. Keep trying and give him a chance to get back to you with PMs. If he never responds, then lambaste him in the public forum. While I do think Mike is correct about the unwritten rule of Rennlist (I have sold stuff here in a similar mannor) I also think we should give each other the benifit of the doubt relating to issues.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Lazerblade
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also always send the item and ask them to inspect and pay after they are satisfied. Or just return it. I feel better that way. Sure, you could be taken advantage of but it shouldn't happen here.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Lerxst
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my solution to fitting a GT3 decklid on my C2
http://shop.fvd.de/?VID=502533&VCD=1...e&CarYear=2002

It looks like the plate sits on top of the lower half of the airbox. I will be cutting off the snorkel, removing the stock filter, and closing off the hole where the snorkel met the airbox. The ducting from the decklid is directed at the filter.

I was wanting to have a "stock look" and install a stock GT3 airbox. If the pipe didn't fit between the airbox and throttle body, I thought I could have something fabricated fairly easily. However, looking at the pics, I don't think the oil filler pipe could be easily rerouted. By the time you buy the airbox and do all of the modifications, you're probably approaching the cost of the aftermarket solution anyways.

A bit of a nuisance, but for the price of a GT3 decklid & wing (one currently posted in classifieds for $1000), a $50 wiring harness, and a $500 intake, you're far ahead of the ~$3700 price at Suncoast.

Unfortunately I won't get to test this theory for another 4 months, when I get my car out of storage.

Quick Reply: What's involved fitting an OEM GT3 rear deck lid to a '02+ 996?