996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Top Gear Porsche 997 vs BMW M6 vs Aston Martin V8

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:49 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How are you liking the brakes on the M3? A friend of mine down south bought the M5 and is not very happy, says he has major fade issues (I have seen similar on AMG, the cars are just so heavy).

Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver
I've driven the M6 and M5 many times. Fierce acceration but the let down is the handling (heavy cars). Too much understeer, doesn't like to change direction, etc. I do like the looks of both cars.

That's why I bought the new M3 instead. Same acceleration as the M5 and M6 and much better handling. The M3 has 50/50 weight distribution and handles razor sharp. I wouldn't choose the M6 or M5 over my current C4S.

I haven't driven the Am V8 (I would love to) but I've driven the DB9 and the Vanguish. They are beautiful cars, maybe the most beautiful cars out there, but the driving experience is awful.

It was such a disapointment, especially the Vanguish. The car does not like to be pushed hard and comes apart above 5/10th. Its more of a car you take for a cruise down at the beach. It's a car for a 70 year old not a 30 year old (no offense to anyone)

To me, the Am V8 seems a lot sportier and I love the looks.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:58 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi

this is my fav looking ferrari by hamann:

That's the first time I've seen a 599 look that good, I actually don't like it at all factory and much prefer the old 550/575. Still can't feel the wheels, but that kit is very sleek.

Actually (someone who owns one is going to freak) I think it reminds me of the C6R GT1 car.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:00 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you like 997TT wheels, you definitely wouldn't like the Hamann Race Edition wheels much - makes perfect sense.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:02 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

hahaha that's probably right.

You know I really disliked the 997tt wheels when I first saw them , which was on a red car. It wasn't until I saw them on a black car that I realized they only worked on dark colors, in fact I wound up changing my order while I was in transit! Happy with them though.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

I'm glad you're happy, but I personally think it looks odd on the 997TT and even more odd on the 996, especially ones that aren't lowered (shorter sidewalls).

The finish with the polished metal with black paint is popular with wheel companies you see at your local Discount Tire store. For real.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:11 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

You guys can sample the Vanquish S that was the inspiration for my post above here along with a few other cars.

http://www.carnutzcustomz.com/showcase.htm

The Vanquish S has a video that'll give you a raw glimpse into how this car looks in motion. Just imagine this thing in real life, though. It's got unreal presence thx to those wheels and suspension work.

Car Nutz is a shop that I used to go to for custom work, but I no longer give them my business. They do have some nice modified rides. Definitely big-time head turners.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:16 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Oh I don't doubt it's a popular finish (FYI the paint on the 997tt wheels is a little fancier, gunmetal grey, nice jeweling). I can't tell you how many unsolicited, stranger on the street compliments they get, and I don't fish for compliments.

I wouldn't mind a slight drop, but can't lower in good conscience, not in Manhattan and I wouldn't do it in LA either, not where I live, roads are terrible!

Never been to a Discount Tire, is that the same as the old ad in Road & Track?
Old 04-23-2008, 02:20 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
You guys can sample the Vanquish S that was the inspiration for my post above here along with a few other cars.

http://www.carnutzcustomz.com/showcase.htm

The Vanquish S has a video that'll give you a raw glimpse into how this car looks in motion. Just imagine this thing in real life, though. It's got unreal presence thx to those wheels and suspension work.

Car Nutz is a shop that I used to go to for custom work, but I no longer give them my business. They do have some nice modified rides. Definitely big-time head turners.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lHQqELYCpw
Old 04-23-2008, 02:27 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

my boy who is an nba fiend sent me that link a while back -

i'm a big fan of kobe. love his swagger and killer mentality.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:30 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

when I left LA last it was literally fever pitch, it's laker mania over there. With the Knicks being such a complete laughing stock it's been hard for me to watch any NBA at all this year, but I'll pull for Cleveland or something. Denver. Whoever, just not the Lakers and the Celtics! (although that would probably be the best to watch)
Old 04-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

i wanna be entertained. lakes celts would be epic. my fav player in the nba today is jesus shuttlesworth. he hit on my neighbor, my female friend, and another female friend. he and i have similar taste in women.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:44 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

hahaha

great shooter. when we see each other I've got a few good stories for you

Quick Reply: Top Gear Porsche 997 vs BMW M6 vs Aston Martin V8