996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Mine is Official Too - FS 2004 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:29 AM
RF5BPilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hope you are giddy w/ the new TT. You'll have to have a viewing day at the XXX some Sat. morning!

(this statement will be interpreted very differently in other parts of the country!)
Old 01-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
Hope you are giddy w/ the new TT. You'll have to have a viewing day at the XXX some Sat. morning!

(this statement will be interpreted very differently in other parts of the country!)
Can't wait to show my TT at the XXX - LOL!!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
Cool you've got a build date for the new car.

Too bad that Starbucks has become like Walmart though.
You guys bought out the great family-owned Diedrich Coffee that had a lot of history, can't forgive that.
I am sorry about your coffee shop. Corporate America?!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Talking

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Congrats on your order for the new car, sincerely.....and I've mentioned before that I am partial to white...it's a stunning color, and the car definitely shows well, however for that price you can get an equally optioned 996TT X50 with less than 25K miles on it along with a CPO. We all love our cars, and develop an attachment to them....but the reality is that the market is soft, the economy is struggling, and as beautiful as that car is, it's going to sit a long time at that price. There's truth, and there's tact...and this is truth.

Enjoy the new car....
As I mentioned before, the dealer has priced the car. If it doesn't sell, I trade it in. Either way will work for me. Geez, you guys are so tough!
Old 01-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just think it is fantastic that you are getting TT.... in fact I am just plain jealous. Enjoy
Microsoft or Starbucks was my guess.......of where you worked.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:28 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms.Greta
As I mentioned before, the dealer has priced the car. If it doesn't sell, I trade it in. Either way will work for me. Geez, you guys are so tough!
You will always get the honest opinions and facts from people here. No "sugar coating" done here!
Old 01-28-2008, 02:44 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

somebody must really love your car to purchase it for that price and miles. last year i sold my mint condition 05 c4s with less than 20k miles for 65k. i know that certain markets can get more money for the same car, but the experienced buyer will look elsewhere and even travel for a better deal.

i wish you good luck in your sale and its awesome your are getting a new tt soon...you will not have any regrets.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ms Greta: As Tim said.....truthfully and in all sincerity....the guys/gals here call the shots as they see them. I can see that the responses were very polite and politically correct...but the underlying message was that the car is just plain and simply overpriced. We're not mean-spirited by any means....well, there will be a few threads and comments that are....but for the most part, the responses are an effort to provide honest feedback.

Your new car will be all that you expect and desire, and I'm sure that you'll be "struttin' your stuff" in front of an awe inspired crowd of envious onlookers. Your old one will have to come down to a realistic level. I realize that the same dealership who is selling you the new one is listing the old one. There can be a bit of conflict there.....by that I mean that since they sold you a new one, they'll post your old one high in order to keep you happy and give you hope that you'll recoup top dollar to apply towards the new one. Then when it doesn't sell, they'll bring you the sad news that it's going to have to come down....that way they have no culpability....the fault is the market....but they knew all along that it was too high. C'mon...this is what these folks do for a living....they know what the market will bear. They're not a non-profit organization. Real estate salespeople do the same thing with homeowners who expect to get unseasonably high prices for their homes.....but all along.... the objective of the agent is to get the listing, then adjust the price later when the house sits with no offers.

In all sincerity....best of luck. Chuck
Old 01-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

You guys are all great and I don't mind the honest opinions. I had done my research and I understand what prices are doing in other parts of the country. My has only been at the dealer a few weeks and I appreciate that they are trying to get top dollar (and it is priced to our local market). The good news is that my new car won't be here until mid-April probably, so they have time to try. I trust the guys at Barrier and have known them for a long time and understand how the business works. They will take care of me one way or another. will let you all know what it finally sells for.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, let me get this straight..........
Microsoft employees are computer guys that pretty much revolutionized price discovery accross the world......on the internet. =They know how to shop.......for everything except for Seatle Houses.
Ebay, the new price discovery mechanism for used (read=completed auctions) Porsche prices has many 2004 C4S prices in the low $40s,000 (I own one with low miles/highly optioned). And a senior manager from Starbucks (I head up the new store retail development) is ready to trade up to a Turbo thinking they are getting 68% of the sticker price in trade in or private sale.....................the dealer is going to take care of you???/...........Wow, I thought those Wall Street guys pumping sub prime deals accross the globe were high! Hey, I am trying to be nice but I hate to see someone convert money into mistakes with the help of another "consultant". I cannot be the only one here who has had a good month and blundered into the dealer of dreams..........
Old 01-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Bucket_hat_Loren
Instructor

Hey - who would ever have believed a $5 cup of coffee? Maybe her car comes with a lifetime supply of venti lattes (though the way the stock is going, I would get as many up front as possible)!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucket_hat_Loren
Hey - who would ever have believed a $5 cup of coffee? Maybe her car comes with a lifetime supply of venti lattes (though the way the stock is going, I would get as many up front as possible)!
Yes, all goes to show that there are many idiots out there that will pay too much for something pretentious and overhyped. With those kind of consumers, may as well go ahead and advertise for full sticker price, I'm sure that someone in the area will bite... afterall, if someone will pay $56K for a flood damaged Porsche at Barrett Jackson, then there's no realizing the stupidity of the market.

Good luck on the sale.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ms Greta: You appear to be a very gracious person. You are at a corporate level....most likely dealing with your counterpart at the dealership who is similarly placed within the corporate structure there. You enjoy a good peer-level relationship, and they value your business along with the fact that you're a good source for word-of-mouth advertising.

I don't quite understand your statement that the car is "priced to our local market". Are you saying that your local market (Seattle area) supports a pricing threshold that's a good $10K over the rest of the west coast? I would hope that what you are paying for your new car isn't "priced to our local market" too. I won't mind if I have to eat a whole crow over this, but there needs to be a reality check in here. I went and looked at some of the examples that the guys sent as a comparison for what's currently on the (other) market...one being that TT with 11K miles and I found the comparison somewhat incredulous.

Like I said...I sincerely wish you all the best....and I think there's been enough said. Enjoy your TT, I certainly enjoy mine.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Ok, first of all I am not senior management (yet), I oversee the Northwest territorie (although with the upcoming re-org, could end up being much more). Be nice to me and I will buy you all your favorite Starbucks beverage when I see you at a Porsche event someday. Next, even though the dealer up here priced my car (not me), I went onto AutoTrader and pulled up ever 2004 C4S in the country last night. Only 36 of them in the country on Autotrader. Priced $50k to over $70k. Only one in Northwest that was priced slightly higher than mine (cab and lowermiles). All the others were in the depressed markets around southern Cal and the midwest and east. Second, not sure about the comment that Microsofties don't know how to purchase houses, but another piece of info..... Seattle housing prices are still increasing, we are one of only 3 cities in the US where residential is still appreciating (although slower than it was earlier). Downtown Bellevue has 15 cranes in the air for new Microsoft buildings, multi-million dollar condos, and office space for tech and bio-tech, etc. growth in our area. We have been very fortunate to be somewhat insulated from what most of the country is going thru. At Starbucks, we are slowing way down, yes, but we are still hiring about 350 people per day worldwide and the company is very strong. We are also building new office structures in South Seattle to keep up with our growth. Your judgements about the pricing is not relative to the Pacific Northwest. I wish Jason or some of the other Northwesterners would step up and help me out here!! LOL Lastly, I have worked for Starbucks for only three years but have been in corpoate real estate for over thirty years. Unlike many, I have saved and managed my money wisely and actually live modestly. When we became empty nesters a few years back and then my entire family passed away, I decided it was time to do something for myself, so the judgements are not necessary when you are unaware of any of the circumstance or do not know those you are judging. Life is short - enjoy it.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:14 AM
othomasjr
Racer

I'll take a caramel frapp. venti please

Quick Reply: Mine is Official Too - FS 2004 C4S