Sponsored by:

Mine is Official Too - FS 2004 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by discoganya
What is the asking price ...? I have a friend who is looking for your exact car.
I decided to let Barrier Porsche in Bellevue, WA handle the sale of my car. You can go on their website (www.barriermotors.com) to get details. Original sticker (which is with the car) was $100k due to all the options. I also added sport exhaust, radar/laser/diffuser, lojack and more. Ask for Greg Dickenson (he is handling the order of my TT) although everyone at the dealership knows my car because it used to be owned by the General Manager.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:08 PM
3deep
Cruisin'

Good luck with the sale
Old 01-25-2008, 05:23 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

68K with 55k miles. Yowsa.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by blk on blk
68K with 55k miles. Yowsa.
Its worth every cent too - most beautiful C4S you will ever see and drives better than any you will ever drive, sounds better than any other you will ever hear, had an original sticker of $100,000 AND comes with a 2-yr. Porsche CPO warranty. (the dealer set the price to our market here).
Old 01-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms.Greta
Its worth every cent too - most beautiful C4S you will ever see and drives better than any you will ever drive, sounds better than any other you will ever hear, had an original sticker of $100,000 AND comes with a 2-yr. Porsche CPO warranty. (the dealer set the price to our market here).
ms. greta, i think you are a lovely lady, but the most beautiful? worth every cent of that asking price esp when it's been priced by barrier?

it's like saying starbucks makes the best coffee in the world.

anyways, can't wait for you to get your TT.

Best,
ben
Old 01-25-2008, 11:30 PM
ls911
Pro

Wow! Hope you get that price for it, GL on that Ms G.
Tim is giving his away with no takers (??) Maybe I need to flip his car, lol.
For that price, no insult intended, I would get a 996 TT, mint + lower miles, kind of like this.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...d.php?t=113667
Old 01-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Bossman
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with the sale, you make my Seal Gray 2004 C4S, pretty much mint, for sale for $59,500 look cheap! And mine was never raced.

I tend to agree with you that your car is worth that, and mine's worth what I'm asking. Unfortunately a lot of them are going cheap, finding a buyer that appreciates the car for it's condition is key.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:58 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 209 Posts

Nice car - what a great excuse for a cross-country road trip!

Suggestion: Next time, post a pic of a little old church lady next to it, not a hot racer babe!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
ms. greta, i think you are a lovely lady, but the most beautiful? worth every cent of that asking price esp when it's been priced by barrier?

it's like saying starbucks makes the best coffee in the world.

anyways, can't wait for you to get your TT.

Best,
ben
Thanks Ben - I am emotionally attached to that car. It really doesn't matter what price Barrier puts on it - if it doesn't sell I trade it in and save that portion of the 9.2% sales tax, so it will nearly be a wash.

the other funny thing you said about Starbucks....... Did you know i work for Starbucks? I head up the new store retail development. I'll buy you a cup of coffee sometime!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bossman
Good luck with the sale, you make my Seal Gray 2004 C4S, pretty much mint, for sale for $59,500 look cheap! And mine was never raced.

I tend to agree with you that your car is worth that, and mine's worth what I'm asking. Unfortunately a lot of them are going cheap, finding a buyer that appreciates the car for it's condition is key.
OK, just for the record, my car was never raced. That pic was taken at Barrier Days.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:52 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have no doubt it is a very beautiful car that was well kept. I also think there is probably someone who will be getting a great car at that price. In my market you can almost get a 997 C4S for this price with that mileage. Heck I saw a perfect 06 C4S CAB with 22k miles for 73k with CPO just last week.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by blk on blk
I have no doubt it is a very beautiful car that was well kept. I also think there is probably someone who will be getting a great car at that price. In my market you can almost get a 997 C4S for this price with that mileage. Heck I saw a perfect 06 C4S CAB with 22k miles for 73k with CPO just last week.
Yes, that is the difference here - where you live in the country right now. I live in Microsoft land who cannot hire enough people and is adding several million square feet to our office markets as we speak. Barrier Porsche priced the car according to where they are selling here (see their website or Park Place Motors nearby and you will see our prices are much higher here in the Pacific Northwest - thanks to good economic times and lots of wealth). They are a great dealer though and take such good care of their clients. As with any dealer, there is room for negotiation built into the price though!
Old 01-27-2008, 03:14 AM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Cool you've got a build date for the new car.

Too bad that Starbucks has become like Walmart though.
You guys bought out the great family-owned Diedrich Coffee that had a lot of history, can't forgive that.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your order for the new car, sincerely.....and I've mentioned before that I am partial to white...it's a stunning color, and the car definitely shows well, however for that price you can get an equally optioned 996TT X50 with less than 25K miles on it along with a CPO. We all love our cars, and develop an attachment to them....but the reality is that the market is soft, the economy is struggling, and as beautiful as that car is, it's going to sit a long time at that price. There's truth, and there's tact...and this is truth.

Enjoy the new car....
Old 01-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Bucket_hat_Loren
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ms.Greta
the other funny thing you said about Starbucks....... Did you know i work for Starbucks? I head up the new store retail development. I'll buy you a cup of coffee sometime!
Good luck with your sale indeed (I applaud you for trying to make back your recent stock losses ;>)). It is a very pretty car.

Quick Reply: Mine is Official Too - FS 2004 C4S