996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

04 Litronic adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 02:08 PM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Eric....mine is a 2002 C4s with factory Halogen lights. I just converted them to OEM Bi-xenons so I get xenons lows, highs etc but I do not have the self adjustment feature because of lack of sensors and associated wiring.
I feel my new xenons are low as well and I have no way of adjusting them. There is nothing behind the flap .
Do I have to pull the lights out and tinker with something on the headlight assembly?

DD
Old 01-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric: Great to have you back on the boards. Touching story of you and Deonna. Now both you and Steve are back into the forum....good to have you both back. Mend quickly and well my man.

Steve; I sent you an email...give me a call if you want to get out and drive.

Chuck
Old 01-30-2008, 02:17 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Tim and Chuck. It is great to be back although I don't have too much to say right now. I just got the word that I will be back at UCLA Friday for routine follow up. This is a good thing.

I bet my car has never sat so long without being started in its whole life. Maybe I can make the March breakfast meeting??

I drove the BMW today and it felt good but the 996 with the X73 might be a bit much at this stage of the game.

Nice to see you guys here.
eric
Old 01-31-2008, 12:33 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

Eric: You need a very long 5MM Hex to adjust... it is a major PITA. I did it, ended up breaking the control box by adjusting too much. Dealer repaired for $100. Anyway, search renntech and you will find it. I think it needs to be at LEAST a 7" hex wrench, jiggle it around and it will fit like a glove. Good luck and speedy recovery. Ross
Old 01-31-2008, 12:35 PM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ross.....thx for your response. I open my Flap "B" and pop a finger in and hit the backside of another panel. No place for a 5MM Hex to fit in. Since my 2002 was originally came with Halogen lights...is it normal for me to not find anything in there?

I have upgraded to OEM B-Xenons. Does this mean that I have to pull the headlamps out to adjust them?

DD
Old 02-01-2008, 05:52 PM
bernocco930S
Racer

Ok, I will try it again. I have a long 5-hex and before I say die I will get out there and give it another attempt.

More later,
eric
Old 02-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Eric, I was just thinking about you last night. You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers. Last time I talked to you, your wife was being tested to see if she was a compatable donor. My brother and his wife had the same surgery about two years ago and they are doing well. I'm glad you are doing well...sorry about the complications. What an incredible gift from your wife...that is love. I hope you are driving the Porsche soon and enjoying the sound of the modded muffler and CAI.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:01 PM
bernocco930S
Racer

Hi Mark how nice to hear from you. Yes, she tested and passed and we had the surgery on Dec 12. It really takes a special kind of person to decide to be a donor, do the intense testing, commit to giving, prepare for surgery, go thru the surgery, lie in the hospital with the pain and discomfort and then go thru the weeks and months of recovery. Deonna has joined a small and unique group of people that have recognized the value of being an organ donor at any cost. The gift of life is priceless and irreplaceable.

We are both recovering slowly and to see her in discomfort day by day is killing me but she keeps telling me that she signed up for this duty and that she will see it thru.

I feel great from the kidney side of things but it is all the other complications that have to work themselves out that are keeping me down. Not too much to tolorate but just getting old and annoying. Things look better every day and keeping a PMA (postitive mental attitude).

Looking forward to the P car sounds smells and fun but taking it a day at a time.

It sure is great to have friends like you and the others here on the board to keep me going.

Still low profile....
eric
Old 02-04-2008, 02:00 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric: Mark and I got together today and I took a look at his progress with the Iris Blue lady...and you and Deonna were foremost in our conversations...we wish you the very best and you have our hopes and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. I wish you were a bit closer so we could come visit you....take you for a speed run, or just sit around and lie to each other. Please pass on my sincere best wishes to Deonna....she is a wonderful lady.

Your story is an inspiration to many of us and is a tribute to the love and devotion between the two of you.

Best regards,
Chuck
Old 02-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Eric, you are a lucky man to have such an incredible wife (I'm guessing you knew that already). I hope you and Deonna recover quickly. The car hobby we all enjoy pales in comparison to the importance of the health of our families. My wife and I enjoyed seeing the picture of the two of you. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Please keep us posted on your recovery.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:04 PM
silversurfer2282
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for an answer cause one beam is lower than the other.

Originally Posted by desidon
Hi Eric....mine is a 2002 C4s with factory Halogen lights. I just converted them to OEM Bi-xenons so I get xenons lows, highs etc but I do not have the self adjustment feature because of lack of sensors and associated wiring.
I feel my new xenons are low as well and I have no way of adjusting them. There is nothing behind the flap .
Do I have to pull the lights out and tinker with something on the headlight assembly?

DD

Quick Reply: 04 Litronic adjustment