Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by errico
Guys

What I meant with god help the turbos is that on straight line or just a power push that vette is crazy, i have a c2 2001 stock and to see how he crushed me was less devasting that my cousin on a TT 2001 porsche. Gt3 on the track is different, driver , mods those are all variables that we cant compare.

Dont get me wrong, id rather drive the 911 most of the week, but to hammer 500 + horeses would be nice.
Choosing a sports car only for straight line performance is like selecting a good book by thickness. The C6/ZO6 is a hell of a car, but honestly I'd rather drive a host of other cars that are "slower" in a straight line. For the same money, I'd take a Cayman S.

Originally Posted by errico
Tracking is not what i do , iam a guy that was stuck at a light with a zo6 and problaly will never forget that in 3 seconds we were 4 cars apart

I had an encounter with an m3 and that was close. vette z06 makes you just look bad on a drag race.
Street Racing?? You will not find many fans on Rennlist.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:24 PM
MYSTRO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Techart Rules! I will have to look you up next time I am in your neck of the woods.

Last edited by MYSTRO; 11-17-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:35 PM
jury_ca
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
E
You will get the type of comments you are getting from jury_ca and deckman...comments pointed at stereotypes, and they don't realize that all it does, is emphasize the P owner stereotypical stuck up attitude towards anything that is not P.
Lighten up. I was only kidding.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Errico...as the owner of a C6Z06, I can say that yes, they are absolutely monsters. They perform extremely well on the road course as well. Regardless of your experience, you will have the typical haters that will never admit that there is something out there that can outperform their cars and investment.

You will get the type of comments you are getting from jury_ca and deckman...comments pointed at stereotypes, and they don't realize that all it does, is emphasize the P owner stereotypical stuck up attitude towards anything that is not P.

My 911 is an absolutely great car but I also know it will not perform nearly as well on ANY aspect...but that is ok. That does not make me love my car any less...simply respect other cars more...something that some people need to learn around here...

And yes, the car will do extremely well around corners...MUCH better than a 996...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1sYinDXo3s

church!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Errico...as the owner of a C6Z06, I can say that yes, they are absolutely monsters.
Nice video Tailwag. Your car looks like an absolute beast.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:36 AM
UFO007
Instructor

I wouldn't even contemplate lining up against a C5 Z06 let alone a C6 Z06 in my C4. It would be way too humbling. Heck, I can't even outrun my mate's Exige S for crying out loud. Even at the track I know I'll be giving it the point bys all day long. They're amazing cars for the price.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:10 AM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by nosub
while it is not a "PORSCHE", the Z06's are indeed beasts! If GM/Chevrolet could ever get the interior to it did not look like the plastic was designed/engineered by the same team that did the Cavalier, well....
How quickly we forget that Porsche interiors sucked ***** right up until MY05. Take a look at a C5/C6 interior as compared to my 996's, or for a real good laugh, compare it to a 993. The Vette interior looks like a Lexus as compared to a 993's.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 AM
grant911
Pro

Originally Posted by tooloud10
How quickly we forget that Porsche interiors sucked ***** right up until MY05. Take a look at a C5/C6 interior as compared to my 996's, or for a real good laugh, compare it to a 993. The Vette interior looks like a Lexus as compared to a 993's.
Must just be the difference strokes for different folks, but I think the 993 interior is the best looking, and best feeling in the world. I would take that any day over my 996 interior.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 AM
hdtwncam88
Instructor

i've owned 3 corvettes...my latest was an 02 non-z06...and let me tell you that the only one i would own would be an C6 Z-06. my best friend had an 03 with 405 hp, some mods, intake, exhaust, cam, ECU flash etc...rode like garbage. as a daily driver you needed a kidney belt, was horrible resonence inside the car but yes had awesome power. the vettes handle ok in stock config but arent has user friendly as a P car in my opinion. never having tracked either but aggressively street driven both the non turbo P car to me is twice what a non z-06 vette is. i would put my 99 996 non turbo stock up against a stock C-5 on the track any day...drag stip the vette should win by 2-3 tenths...BUT take it to the twisty's and its game on...was never a fan of drag racing...im an x 600cc supersport road racer (CBR 600 F-4) and am all about draggin a knee !! im new to the P car thing, but lemme tell ya for the last 3 weeks she's been a daily driver for me to the tune of 100 miles a day...dont see owning another vette in my future unless its a 1967 !!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:09 AM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by grant911
Must just be the difference strokes for different folks, but I think the 993 interior is the best looking, and best feeling in the world. I would take that any day over my 996 interior.
Different strokes, I guess, but I think the 993 switchgear looks like it came out of a 1982 Freightliner.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

i dont know how c5z06 or c6z06 ride and i dont care much about the cheap int. but i have a lot of respect for them. yes, i blew by many z06's on track both c5 and c6. but when i was playing with my buddies c5z06, shod with hoosiers (i am on RA1), brembo and coil overs. hell, i have to work hard on straights and corners just not to get dropped. it is fast even in turns, you just got to find a good corvette driver.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 71 Posts

It would be nice to own both the Vette and the Porsche but if you had to only choose one, which would it be?
For me, it has been Porsche. I've thought about Vettes off and on but the one thing that I coudn't get past would be having to go to a Chevy dealer for service while it's still on warranty. Having owned a few Chevys in my younger days, including a Z28, I could never go back.

Still, I think the Vette is a nice car.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:07 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

Originally Posted by tooloud10
I think it is simply a matter of perception. Good looking interiors form some people means having all sorts of controls and whistles...similar to the cabin of an airplane...the more the better. For me, it is quite the contrary...the more basic, the better. Out of all the vehicles I have owned (almost 70 cars in 17 years), I must say, the S2000 interior takes the cake. It is simply and to the point. There are some that claim the Z06 interior is crap...I disagree. It is simple and to the point...but, for my taste, it still has some uselss stuff. The 996 interior is ok for me, but I definitely would not get into a chest pushing match about it being better than ANY other car...
Old 11-04-2007, 11:11 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

Originally Posted by Charlie C
It would be nice to own both the Vette and the Porsche but if you had to only choose one, which would it be?
For me, it has been Porsche. I've thought about Vettes off and on but the one thing that I coudn't get past would be having to go to a Chevy dealer for service while it's still on warranty. Having owned a few Chevys in my younger days, including a Z28, I could never go back.

Still, I think the Vette is a nice car.
I think a lot of it has to depend on the relationship you have with each individual dealer. The local P dealer is the only dealer in a 100+ mile radius...and they are horrible...Chevy has about 6 dealerships in a 50 mile radius...and some suck...but 2 of them are unbelievable. They are extremely accomodating...have replaced my brake fluid, clutches, brakes, rotors and a few other issues on several Z's that I have owned...regardless of track days or mods...
Old 11-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 71 Posts

...And yes, the car will do extremely well around corners...MUCH better than a 996...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1sYinDXo3s
Just curious, what track was that? I like not having walls to worry about.

Quick Reply: My 996 C2 vs Z06 Experience