Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

After all the pressure, I had no choice...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:29 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
I hear you, but my problem was that around my area I had too many people asking what my car was, I'm talking at lights, at the gas stations, etc. Some understood it is a Porsche but not the model. I live in a small city where I ahve only seen 2 other Porsche's, a yellow 993 and a red Boxster.

So really the badge was put on for a couple of reasons:

1. Because I like it and it brings black in between the wicker bill and license plate frame, it looked like a void without it. If the wicker bill was painted to match the body of the car, like a lot of them are, especially from the factory, then probabaly would not have done the badge, but I left my wicker bill black to break-up the wing.
2. To tell the non-Porsche people what model my car is (hated it when they thought it was a Boxster because that's all they are familiar with).
It could have been worst! They could have asked "What year is your Toyota Supra?"
Attached Images   
Old 10-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Swede_Matt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the badge a lot Steven. Great looking car. Some nice, big, oval, black exhaust tips and your work is done......maybe
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
It could have been worst! They could have asked "What year is your Toyota Supra?"
Tim, even living in an old farming area, even the Supra would be different for them, very rural, hell they are finally putting in paths (sidewalks) on some streets finally, I like it here, very laid back, mainly trucks, small cars and old cars around. I have seen 2 other Porsche's around here (SY 993 and a dark red Boxster), but there are some exotics sitting in garages including a Diablo that I see once or twice a year, but not much else exciting.

But I agree, at least they knew my car was a Porsche, most of the time

Originally Posted by Swede_Matt
Like the badge a lot Steven. Great looking car. Some nice, big, oval, black exhaust tips and your work is done......maybe
Thanks Matt...if weather is good I will be going to SR this Saturday, you? Need to find me those exhaust tips although I am going to talk to my cousin who owns the muffler shop and see if he can hook me up. Cheers mate.

Quick Reply: After all the pressure, I had no choice...