Sponsored by:

What is your trap speed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
considerably faster? have u ever done a run against an M3? let alone, i'd be curiuos to see how you line up against a 997S.
Ben - I kill E46's in first gear all the time, they dont have a chance unless they have work done and good sticky tires. I get a half a car length everytime or worse.

The tiptronic is killer, it robs just enough torque to not break the tires free, that is my advantage. I stall the converter to 1200 RPM, then release the brakes and I am gone until the lowly second engages then I let off. The race is over and I won, really pisses off the M's.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Joe2000C4Cab
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
True, I am talking of Muscle cars, they have to much torque with little traction. I kill them all the time in first gear, then I let off because I know what will happen afterwards.
The E55 is my other ride (!#$!@# couldn't fit the kids in the back seat of the 996...). It is fun and quite the sleeper. I've often been tempted to take the numeric as well as the "AMG" badging off of it to make it even more of a sleeper... I typically just let people go how ever they want but I will use its power to ensure "pole position" from light to light.

By the way, I'm glad you took my comment in the spirit it was intended. Too many folks succumb to the "Mine is faster than yours!" ego trip.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ben - I kill E46's in first gear all the time, they dont have a chance unless they have work done and good sticky tires. I get a half a car length everytime or worse.

The tiptronic is killer, it robs just enough torque to not break the tires free, that is my advantage. I stall the converter to 1200 RPM, then release the brakes and I am gone until the lowly second engages then I let off. The race is over and I won, really pisses off the M's.

Bro, get off your high horse man.

At least give your mom a few practice runs before you get at it with your chicktronic slow4s.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Bro, get off your high horse man.

At least give your mom a few practice runs before you get at it with your chicktronic slow4s.
I bet you your pinks I will out drive your car on a dragstrip in your own car, any day! I will show you how to drive a manual, brah, dont let the fact I have a Tip fool you.

BTW, my car is C2.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

I bet you your pinks I will out drive your car on a dragstrip in your own car, any day! I will show you how to drive a manual, brah, dont let the fact I have a Tip fool you.

BTW, my car is C2.
Can we then do a push-ups competition? You can do them on your knees.

And then whoever loses will fly us to Overland Park, KS where tailwag will treat us both to some Jack's BBQ (you can keep your narrowbody automatic).
Old 09-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Show me an E46 M3 review with a 112 mph trap speed. How about a 0-100 time that beats 10.1 secs?

The M3 is very quick off the line, but the 996 has the advantage as speeds rise.

muahaha.....
that's totally true... I have a 99 C2 with GIAC/PSE/K&N Panel filter... my buddy has 06 M3 with Dinan chip & exhaust & intake... he's @ 360HP.... on the back strait away at Mosport speedway I really pull on him... no comparison... even with a passenger I pull on him... I hit about 225 km/h (140mph) on the top of the strait... he's about 15-20 car lengths behind me... easily walk him... difference is more pronounced in 4th gear

I think the M3 benefits from good actually GREAT gearing in 1,2,3 but 4,5,6 its game over... and handling well.. it's not even close and he has the ZCP edition... with CSL suspension.... I have row 030 and those are his words after we swapped cars....

M3 is a great daily driver though!! great car to drive @ 8/10ths that is for sure...
Old 09-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by c70Pete
that's totally true... I have a 99 C2 with GIAC/PSE/K&N Panel filter... my buddy has 06 M3 with Dinan chip & exhaust & intake... he's @ 360HP.... on the back strait away at Mosport speedway I really pull on him... no comparison... even with a passenger I pull on him... I hit about 225 km/h (140mph) on the top of the strait... he's about 15-20 car lengths behind me... easily walk him... difference is more pronounced in 4th gear
WHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH cough more a testament to your buddy sucking than car v. car comparo. and since when did a chip/exhaust/intake get the M3 S54 27HP+? WHAHHAHA next
Old 09-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

WHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH cough more a testament to your buddy sucking than car v. car comparo. and since when did a chip/exhaust/intake get the M3 S54 27HP+? WHAHHAHA next
is that so eh... my buddy sucks....? he's a porsche club racer and one of the fastest guys out there....

I think YOU SUCK ... CHOI
Old 09-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Ben - you bring my Mother into this and now Petes friend, class act.

If you get beat by an M3 with a 3.6 C4S, that is speaking volumes of how you drive. You car has the traction and the motor to do the damage to the M off the line.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Originally Posted by Joe2000C4Cab
I've often been tempted to take the numeric as well as the "AMG" badging off of it to make it even more of a sleeper...
Oh that would be fun to see the peoples faces as they get spanked by a "classy" car......
Old 09-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

is that so eh... my buddy sucks....? he's a porsche club racer and one of the fastest guys out there....

I think YOU SUCK ... CHOI
what sucks is your unrealistic depiction of the straight line speeds of two cars by bringing multiple variables to the table that greatly impact outcome . 15-20 car lengths eh? WHAHAHA pls

it's complete internet BS, car forum diatribe.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

what sucks is your unrealistic depiction of the straight line speeds of two cars by bringing multiple variables to the table that greatly impact outcome . 15-20 car lengths eh? WHAHAHA pls

it's complete internet BS, car forum diatribe.

but BEN... that's what we are comparing... two different cars.... different variables all over the place.... 15 car lengths no problem.... he does look pretty small in my rear view by the end of the strait that's for sure... remember your going from 40-140 mph.. on an upward sloping hill.... no BS here buddy.... get on the race track and race... have you ever even BEEN on a track CHOI?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:25 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

but BEN... that's what we are comparing... two different cars.... different variables all over the place.... 15 car lengths no problem.... he does look pretty small in my rear view by the end of the strait that's for sure... remember your going from 40-140 mph.. on an upward sloping hill.... no BS here buddy.... get on the race track and race... have you ever even BEEN on a track CHOI?
Pete...I'm not trying to take sides here at all...but are you sure there's not a gap in talent with the drivers between the two cars.

I have a 3.4L 996 AND an '02 M3...both similarly modifieid and besides the fact that I've only got 1.5 year of seat time in the 996 vs. about 3 in the M3 and there still might be a bit more time to get from the 996...the difference at Mid Ohio in my lap times between the two is ~1 second a lap.

I've also done my fair share of freeway pulls with myself and my brother driving both of my cars and can tell you that there is very little in it doing a 40-120 pull on the freeway.

I have no numbers on the 996...but MY M3 puts 282 to the wheels (dynojet) and traps 106-107mph.

Andy
Old 09-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Pete...I'm not trying to take sides here at all...but are you sure there's not a gap in talent with the drivers between the two cars.

I have a 3.4L 996 AND an '02 M3...both similarly modifieid and besides the fact that I've only got 1.5 year of seat time in the 996 vs. about 3 in the M3 and there still might be a bit more time to get from the 996...the difference at Mid Ohio in my lap times between the two is ~1 second a lap.

I've also done my fair share of freeway pulls with myself and my brother driving both of my cars and can tell you that there is very little in it doing a 40-120 pull on the freeway.

I have no numbers on the 996...but MY M3 puts 282 to the wheels (dynojet) and traps 106-107mph.

Andy
Thank you, case closed.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

have you ever even BEEN on a track CHOI?
Nah, but if I wanted to go, I'd have to pay out of pocket to track my car JUST LIKE YOU.

Now if you actually had the talent to put bread on the table doing what you do because private $, corporations are paying you to win for them, much respect. Else, you're just another hobbyist looking for a recogition nut in a world that just doesn't care.

Quick Reply: What is your trap speed?