Sponsored by:

I suck... Bumperettes

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I suck... Bumperettes

Got home late last night and parked my car in the garage... didn't drive it far enough in and when the garage door closed it scratched my bumperettes

Left bumperette scratch is minor, right one a bit deeper.

Any suggetions on how to fix... dealer, local indy (any recommendations for Charlotte?), any other suggestions?

How much do you think it will cost to get it fixed?
Attached Images    
Old 07-15-2007, 11:48 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Dutchie - Yeah, I have to agree, you suck! Man, sorry that happened.

If I were you, I would take the car to "Uncle" Eric and let him take a look at them to see if his guys and fix 'em. At the very least, he will do a core exchange with you for $275 for the pair.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to hear that - it happens. My A4 just got spray painted by some neighborhood "children" last night - bastards. Anyway, hope there's no damage to the bumper itself. Should be an easy fix - at the worst, send to Eric - if they can be repaired he'll do it - otherwise, get a new set and have them painted. Minor stuff.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:53 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Think of it this way - another few inches, and you would be saying how much you suck for letting the garage door scrape your rear spoiler! So, you're actually lucky!

I was just thinking of ordering painted ones from Eric - but the black ones are so much more durable in case of a bump, etc.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:05 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Sorry to hear that - it happens. My A4 just got spray painted by some neighborhood "children" last night - bastards. Anyway, hope there's no damage to the bumper itself. Should be an easy fix - at the worst, send to Eric - if they can be repaired he'll do it - otherwise, get a new set and have them painted. Minor stuff.
WHAT???????? Say it ain't so! I am really sorry to hear that, Phil! Is it really bad? Man, I would be really PISSED OFF right now!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gota911
If I were you, I would take the car to "Uncle" Eric and let him take a look at them to see if his guys and fix 'em. At the very least, he will do a core exchange with you for $275 for the pair.
Thought about that as well... will send him an email.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AndyK
Think of it this way - another few inches, and you would be saying how much you suck for letting the garage door scrape your rear spoiler! So, you're actually lucky!
That's the attitude... lucky me!!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Kolshak
Racer

Ooocch...that must have hurt. Almost like pulling up your zipper to quickly like the scene in "Something about Mary."
You could buy a new set of lessor quality painted bumperettes for 75.00 from the ebay guy. I'm happy with mine.
Attached Images   
Old 07-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Dutchie....ready for you man. Just drop them off and we'll see what we can do. Or if they are too far gone, we'll get replacements painted and ready for you.

Email me.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 07-15-2007, 12:56 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Eric - What's the core exchange process - You send out a nice set of fresh painted bumperettes, and I send you mine when I take them off? What's the "core" charge? I'm tempted.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Andy - for your 996, yes. Order them online, that's your out of pocket number.

When they are ready to ship, we'll send an e-invoice for the core deposit, ship the new ones out, then you install (5 minutes) and send old ones back. When they arrive back to use, core deposit refunded in full, simple as that.

And Arctic is usually in stock or in production any time. So no wait in most cases.

Email me with any questions.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
WHAT???????? Say it ain't so! I am really sorry to hear that, Phil! Is it really bad? Man, I would be really PISSED OFF right now!
Yeah, stripes and crap all over the side of the A4 especially around the door handles, side marker. But, after reading a bunch of posts, acetone to the rescue! It removed all the spray paint without harming the clearcoat at all - put a coat of Griot's Best of Show over it - great excuse to wax - and the car looks fine. Tim, I appreciate your concern. And yeah, I'm still pissed off!!! As it turns out, our nice suburban neighborhood saw 10 cars get the spray treatment overnight!!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Yeah, stripes and crap all over the side of the A4 especially around the door handles, side marker. But, after reading a bunch of posts, acetone to the rescue! It removed all the spray paint without harming the clearcoat at all - put a coat of Griot's Best of Show over it - great excuse to wax - and the car looks fine. Tim, I appreciate your concern. And yeah, I'm still pissed off!!! As it turns out, our nice suburban neighborhood saw 10 cars get the spray treatment overnight!!

No respect. I'd shoot the little bar stewards.

Glad that it cleaned up okay Phil.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Dutchie, sorry to hear about the bumperettes... need to line your side mirrors up with a marker in your garage. I've always been paranoid about the door hitting the car.

Black bumperettes have little advantages in not getting scuffed up... one of the reasons that I've not switched.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:51 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey "Uncle" Eric am I back in the Will yet?

Quick Reply: I suck... Bumperettes