Sponsored by:

"Snaplock" pedals? Anyone have them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Well, I have had similar pedals mounted in my car for about a year. I was so shamed by Bruce's comments that I put the OEM pedals back on my car. Somehow they don't look quite right, but I can't really figure out why! Well, at least it covered up the PORSCHE insignia!

Bruce - I just wanted to inject a little humor to the thread. I thought it was needed.
Attached Images  

Last edited by gota911; 07-15-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:00 PM
yizzung
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wellardmac, I need to ask if you have paid for the rights to that "Carrera" badge in your signature. It has the look of a non-sanctioned, unlicensed (i.e. fake) photograph. :P
Old 07-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by yizzung
Wellardmac, I need to ask if you have paid for the rights to that "Carrera" badge in your signature. It has the look of a non-sanctioned, unlicensed (i.e. fake) photograph. :P
Actually, yes, we all did. The use of a product after it has been legitimately purchased from the manufacturer is called an implicit license - i.e. if they sell it to you, then they authorized you to use it for whatever purpose you have in mind.

As for the photograph itself, well, as I took the photograph, then that would make me the copyright holder of the image and I can do with it as a choose. If you were to take the image that I produced and use it, then I could sue your pants off.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gota911
Well, I have had similar pedals mounted in my car for about a year. I was so shamed by Bruce's comments that I put the OEM pedals back on my car. Somehow they don't look quite right, but I can't really figure out why! Well, at least it covered up the PORSCHE insignia!

Bruce - I just wanted to inject a little humor to the thread. I thought it was needed.
Those look great Tim... can we do a group buy.. I am in!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
Thanks... it's back and I am ready for more!

By the way, do you remeber this quote:

"Oh, and I'll cancel my membership as soon as I'm convinced most folks on this board are like you. "

That quote you used against arr0gant when you were on your box a couple of weeks ago on the same topic. Since then, 51 chaep, lying and cheating poseurs on this board have ordered these pedals... so maybe it is time to pack your bags and go to 6speed... (although Ireally don't want to see you or anybody here leave )
Is 51 people "most"? Perhaps the moderator can weigh in. If 51 is most of the people on this board, then I'll be happy to keep my promise.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:13 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Okay, here's my one contribution.

i) They're not counterfeit. To be so would require Porsche from making and selling the same items- they do not, therefore by definition they are not counterfeit.

At worst it is a tenuous unlicensed use of the Porsche brand, but I'm pretty sure that there's lots of that out there and we would find some in Bruce's house - think license plate holders, key fobs, clothing, etc. He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.... well, unless Bruce can prove that everything he owns that is emblazoned with a Porsche name is a licensed product of Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche AG. Smacks of hypocracy to me.

ii) Price is irrelevant, it's quality that matters. These pedals are known for their high quality.

I call a troll where I see a troll. It's plain and simple. Much ado about nothing.

Very good contribution, thank you. Not literate, but heartfelt.

On your point about the product being counterfeit, you may well be correct. I can't swear they're exact copies any more than you can swear they aren't. So let's go with unlicensed use of a trademark, shall we?

The word you're looking for in your second cogent parry is 'hypocrisy'. You won't find it at my house. I spend a great deal of my time working with intellectual property. I have a keen sense of what it takes to build it, and an equally keen sense of the damage that gets done when logos and trademarks are appropriated and not defended. As a worldwide industry, this kind of crap costs billions. It costs jobs. It devalues innovation, which is a bad thing for economies in developed countries, since those countries don't actually manufacture much anymore. And it dilutes the goodwill in brands that makes us want to buy them in the first place, and which makes them profit generators, generators of the same profit that makes your 401k grow and pays your salary. I'm afraid you're bringing a knife to this particular gunfight, cowboy.

And I am not required to "prove" anything. What a stupid throwdown that is. That is the last ditch defense of a message board troll who is out of ideas.

You know you're wrong, or you'd have more to offer than the observation that other people do it, too. The same is true of nose picking. Enjoy your pedals.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:13 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Originally Posted by gota911

Much appreciated!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BruceP
Very good contribution, thank you. Not literate, but heartfelt.

On your point about the product being counterfeit, you may well be correct. I can't swear they're exact copies any more than you can swear they aren't. So let's go with unlicensed use of a trademark, shall we?

The word you're looking for in your second cogent parry is 'hypocrisy'. You won't find it at my house. I spend a great deal of my time working with intellectual property. I have a keen sense of what it takes to build it, and an equally keen sense of the damage that gets done when logos and trademarks are appropriated and not defended. As a worldwide industry, this kind of crap costs billions. It costs jobs. It devalues innovation, which is a bad thing for economies in developed countries, since those countries don't actually manufacture much anymore. And it dilutes the goodwill in brands that makes us want to buy them in the first place, and which makes them profit generators, generators of the same profit that makes your 401k grow and pays your salary. I'm afraid you're bringing a knife to this particular gunfight, cowboy.

And I am not required to "prove" anything. What a stupid throwdown that is. That is the last ditch defense of a message board troll who is out of ideas.

You know you're wrong, or you'd have more to offer than the observation that other people do it, too. The same is true of nose picking. Enjoy your pedals.

Bla, bla, bla... but, don't leave the board ... too much fun here with everybody. What do you say Bruce?

PS Was thinking about you when I saw this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rt1_6uz_sVU
Old 07-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Bruce, with an attitude like yours it's easy to see how long you'll last around here.

Is there anyone you've not insulted since you arrived?

Hope to see that our friends to the North stay there.

For now you'll be heading onto my ignore list, as it's obvious that you share no value in this community.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:21 PM
BruceP
Drifting

And a bigot, too.

By the way, that 'Bla, bla, bla...'? Brilliant repartee. Churchillian, really.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:23 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Wellardmac is a bigot, too! I think you're right. I don't belong here.

And please don't invade me or, like, burn crosses on my lawn or anything.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

And a bigot, too.

By the way, that 'Bla, bla, bla...'? Brilliant repartee. Churchillian, really.
I'm waving the white flag and this is what you come back with???

I have lived on 4 continents in 6 different countries, speak 4 languages and you call me a bigot?? Time you start to lighten up a bit Brucie...
Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
BruceP
Drifting

I'm waving the white flag and this is what you come back with???

I have lived on 4 continents in 6 different countries, speak 4 languages and you call me a bigot?? Time you start to lighten up a bit Brucie...
Gee, I don't know. Canadian Idiot? Is there some nuance I'm missing here? Didn't seem too hospitable or tolerant to me.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Gee, I don't know. Canadian Idiot? Is there some nuance I'm missing here? Didn't seem to hospitable or tolerant to me.
I am sorry Bruce... didn't know you were so sensitive! After all the tough talking, I thought you could handle a bit of humor...

Well here we go... hope this makes you feel better and make sure to drink some warm milk and go pottie before you go night night...
Attached Images    
Old 07-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

I am sorry Bruce... didn't know you were so sensitive! After all the tough talking, I thought you could handle a bit of humor...

Well here we go... hope this makes you feel better and make sure to drink some warm milk and go pottie before you go night night...

It's even funnier when you can only see half the conversation.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/bigot

Hilarious to see that word used on this forum considering that many of us have lived all over the world.

Quick Reply: "Snaplock" pedals? Anyone have them?