Old 07-14-2007, 12:00 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
I sell you some of these for $200....

Or you can get them cheaper...

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/358134-group-buy-aluminum-pedals.html
Yup, if you're a financially challenged poseur who doesn't mind abetting counterfeiting.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP
Yup, if you're a financially challenged poseur who doesn't mind abetting counterfeiting.
Classic... you better find a new home to go hang out, since 40+ people on the 996 board are financially challenged poseurs that just ordered these in a group buy! Have fun at 6speed... see you
Old 07-14-2007, 02:35 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Just an observation, there, cowboy, 100% factual and inarguable:

Financially challenged: They're a hundred bucks cheaper. A hundred lousy bucks.

Poseur: They aren't real. They only look real. Therefore, appearances must be paramount to you.

Counterfeiting: The maker has infringed on Porsche's copyright.

You want cheap pedals, buy cheap pedals. But if you want cheap pedals and want to LOOK as if you spent more, well, as I said... hard to argue with the observation.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Ohhh worried about the part where these could 'snap-off'.

Are the rubber ends rounded also?
Steven,
The rubber inserts are rounded like in the earlier picture, giving you good grips. I am not sure if you are talking about the clip part mechanism behind these pedals that can brake off??? As far as the fitting of these on the pedals themselves, they are tight and good fit. So far mine have been fine, though I must admit that my car is not a DD but rather a weekend car only I think that the screws ones are more robust overall in the long term.
Cheers,
Old 07-14-2007, 03:13 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Botsy67
Steven,
The rubber inserts are rounded like in the earlier picture, giving you good grips. I am not sure if you are talking about the clip part mechanism behind these pedals that can brake off??? As far as the fitting of these on the pedals themselves, they are tight and good fit. So far mine have been fine, though I must admit that my car is not a DD but rather a weekend car only I think that the screws ones are more robust overall in the long term.
Cheers,
With the pedals that we got from the group buy, the rubber ends protrude much better on to the foot area and I feel no give or movement at all from them when my fet want to move during driving, in fact tehy do not move (better than the stock pedals for sure). The rounded ones IMHO may give more to when you move your feet around on the pedals but can't say for sure since I have not tried them to be able to make that comparison. I do, as you mention, feel more comfortable with the screw on ones but once they are on I doubt anyone would take them off again, where as the snaplock ones can be moved from Porsche to Porsche with the interchangeable inserts, which I do like. Not sure how long the inserts on mine will last but like you it is not a DD or track car so they should hold-up quite well for several years.

I don't think there is any argument here in this thread that one is better than the other, it is personal preference not a cost factor in my mind, and I see no Poseurness (not a word but you know what I mean) from having the screw on ones from the group buy that says Porsche on them, it's just a nice touch.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:34 AM
yizzung
Advanced

Right... I wasn't trying to start a war. I have the group-buy pedals. I'm not sure if that makes me a poser or not.

I also have Lloyd's floor mats that say "PORSCHE". To the best of my knowledge, they were not hand-stitched in Stuttgart... but they do pay steep royalties for the privilege , so I guess I'm not a floor-mat-poser?

I just haven't decided to mount the group-buys yet. Exploring one more option before I do...
Old 07-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yizzung
Right... I wasn't trying to start a war. I have the group-buy pedals. I'm not sure if that makes me a poser or not.

I also have Lloyd's floor mats that say "PORSCHE". To the best of my knowledge, they were not hand-stitched in Stuttgart... but they do pay steep royalties for the privilege , so I guess I'm not a floor-mat-poser?

I just haven't decided to mount the group-buys yet. Exploring one more option before I do...
I'm sorry, but according to BruceP, you are cheap and a poseur... I'm sorry. To the rest of us, you are a pretty smart consumer!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:43 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

I had these pedals and the rubber pieces all fell off after a few drives. The quality was sub-par IMO. I switched them out for Ultimate Pedals.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:11 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
I'm sorry, but according to BruceP, you are cheap and a poseur... I'm sorry. To the rest of us, you are a pretty smart consumer!
It blows me away that the simple morality of this eludes you. If I bought a copy of a 996 that said Porsche on it but was built in some anonymous factory in a far off land by people who didn't even bother trying to license the name, would that be okay? Would you consider me a smart consumer for not bothering to pay for a real Porsche?

If you want to do this crap, go right ahead. Just man up and admit that it's no better than buying pirated DVDs from a Manhattan street vendor.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

It blows me away that the simple morality of this eludes you. If I bought a copy of a 996 that said Porsche on it but was built in some anonymous factory in a far off land by people who didn't even bother trying to license the name, would that be okay? Would you consider me a smart consumer for not bothering to pay for a real Porsche?

If you want to do this crap, go right ahead. Just man up and admit that it's no better than buying pirated DVDs from a Manhattan street vendor.
Bruce,

My last post re this, because I just don't have the energy to deal with you on this and don't want to get a big repeat of the non-OEM gauge rings posting.

Many people on this board (including me) like the pedals we got in a group buy; I don't think all of these folks are cheating, cheap poseurs as you describe us to be, but if you believe all of us are, that is your good right. We can agree to disagree...
Old 07-15-2007, 06:33 PM
BruceP
Drifting

I think it's more straighforward than that:

Fake Porsche stuff. If that's not posing, what is? And if it's not abetting the manufacturer's larceny, what is it? There really isn't any other side to this one.

Sorry about your energy level.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Old 07-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
That is funny... even though you are a cheap, stealing poseur (according to Bruce)...
Old 07-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Sorry about your energy level.
Thanks... it's back and I am ready for more!

By the way, do you remeber this quote:

"Oh, and I'll cancel my membership as soon as I'm convinced most folks on this board are like you. "

That quote you used against arr0gant when you were on your box a couple of weeks ago on the same topic. Since then, 51 chaep, lying and cheating poseurs on this board have ordered these pedals... so maybe it is time to pack your bags and go to 6speed... (although Ireally don't want to see you or anybody here leave )
Old 07-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Okay, here's my one contribution.

i) They're not counterfeit. To be so would require Porsche from making and selling the same items- they do not, therefore by definition they are not counterfeit.

At worst it is a tenuous unlicensed use of the Porsche brand, but I'm pretty sure that there's lots of that out there and we would find some in Bruce's house - think license plate holders, key fobs, clothing, etc. He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.... well, unless Bruce can prove that everything he owns that is emblazoned with a Porsche name is a licensed product of Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche AG. Smacks of hypocracy to me.

ii) Price is irrelevant, it's quality that matters. These pedals are known for their high quality.

I call a troll where I see a troll. It's plain and simple. Much ado about nothing.

Last edited by Wellardmac; 07-15-2007 at 10:38 PM.

Quick Reply: "Snaplock" pedals? Anyone have them?