Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 vs Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007 | 04:04 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Benjamin, you are hilarious. Don't ever leave this forum.
Old 07-13-2007 | 04:06 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Hey man I believe, I believe and i'm not doubting TD's skills or whatever, but the whole d!ck measuring effort is well.... laughable. that's all. Now if he was making $$$ off it... then I'd recognize, but otherwise, it's just another guy spending $ and time to do a... hobby. like knitting. haha
who said anything about dick measuring? I am confident enough about the size of mine that I don't need to compare anything. Besides, I don't want to get near enough another other dude's tool to even verify, aaiigghtt?

Also, if you look at my posts, you will see that I never said that I would crush anyone. I said that I would have a lot of fun trying to crush you. That is 100% true and I know I can back that up.

And I don't get the "knitting" "insult". WTF? I haven't insulted anyone, including you, Ben, and you are trying to insult me with that? WTF mate? It doesn't even make sense. ppssssssstttt. I am not taking this seriously. And I don't give a shiiiittteee about the S2K or the Boxster S. ok?

Jeez . . . too much testosterone and not enough racing around here.

What's the most amusing thing around here? Your avatar!

Last edited by TD in DC; 07-13-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2007 | 04:21 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ray S
Say what you want about TD, but I think it takes big stones to track a N/A 944. The only way to pass others (and 99% of those others have more hp) in a car like that is to be an exceptional driver and carry momentum (heck even my little 217hp Boxster has a massive advantage over his 944).

Give someone a TT and almost anyone can appear fast as they mash the throttle down the straights. Give that same person a 944 and they need to be damn good just to keep up in anything above the novice levels.

It is the same reason why it is so much fun to pass faster cars, including 996s. I love hearing the excuses later

Last edited by TD in DC; 07-13-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2007 | 04:52 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TD in DC
I love hearing the excuses later
Me too!!
Old 07-13-2007 | 04:57 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by BruceP
Benjamin, you are hilarious. Don't ever leave this forum.
Join the fan club, though I think you may be the one and only member. Should you so choose to join I'd appoint you VP of Online Relations.
Old 07-13-2007 | 05:03 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

who said anything about dick measuring? I am confident enough about the size of mine that I don't need to compare anything. Besides, I don't want to get near enough another other dude's tool to even verify, aaiigghtt?

Also, if you look at my posts, you will see that I never said that I would crush anyone. I said that I would have a lot of fun trying to crush you. That is 100% true and I know I can back that up.

And I don't get the "knitting" "insult". WTF? I haven't insulted anyone, including you, Ben, and you are trying to insult me with that? WTF mate? It doesn't even make sense. ppssssssstttt. I am not taking this seriously. And I don't give a shiiiittteee about the S2K or the Boxster S. ok?

Jeez . . . too much testosterone and not enough racing around here.

What's the most amusing thing around here? Your avatar!
you took "knitting" as an insult? Wtf is right.

Yea, and it's funny how the most insecure people seem to gravitate toward a lil' graphic - that's the whole reason why I put it up - it's an insecure dudes magnet.

A you're the one who brought up the whole "meet me at the track" thing. Why don't we also line up our sandboxes and see who can build the biggest sand castle as well? Or who can rep a set of three piece wheels BBS wheels X times on an incline press?

c'mon dude you're all huff and puff ready to burn the internet car forum house down with your mad hobby speed racer skills that no one cares about but you.
Old 07-13-2007 | 05:10 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Yea, and it's funny how the most insecure people seem to gravitate toward a lil' graphic - that's the whole reason why I put it up - it's an insecure dudes magnet.

A you're the one who brought up the whole "meet me at the track" thing. Why don't we also line up our sandboxes and see who can build the biggest sand castle as well? Or who can rep a set of three piece wheels BBS wheels X times on an incline press?

c'mon dude you're all huff and puff ready to burn the internet car forum house down with your mad hobby speed racer skills that no one cares about but you.
Now now Ben, don't be upset. If you didn't put it up to be funny, did you put it up because you thought it was cool?

No insecurity here. I would drive a honda, a hyndai or any other car if I felt like it. I don't need to brag to you or anyone else.

You either miss the tone of my posts, or you intentionally try to stir the pot. So, you are either an idiot or a troll, which is fine with me either way.

I said that I would rather race on the track than brag about which car is better on-line. How you can twist that into a "dick measuring" comment is really beyond me.

Why anyone would own a Porsche and not track it is inexplicable to me. There are so many other cars that are better for pure street use. But, again, I don't care why others do what they do.

So, in sum Ben, since you cannot seem to understand what I have been saying, I will spell it out.

1. I don't care what kind of car you, or anyone else, drives. It is irrelevant to me.

2. I don't care what you think of the cars I drive. I bought them for me, not you.

3. I prefer to go to the track than get involved with, or even read, endless paper debates about which car is superior. How can you argue with, or be insulted by, that? Seems common sense to me. In fact, apart from sex, and spending time with my family, I can think of few other things I would rather do than go to the track. Talking about the track has nothing to do with huffing and puffing about mad skillz. In fact, my friends give me a hard time because I say that I am slow . . . so where you get this huff and puff BS is beyond me, unless, again, you are just stirring the pot because you like "drama"

4. If you don't go to the track, or are too scared to risk damaging your car, more power to you. Again, I don't care. It is irrelevant to me.

5. I hope you have a nice weekend, and that you find a better way to enjoy it than trying to start on-line arguments with people who are not even trying to argue with you. If it makes you feel better . . . you win almighty ben. Your avatar, knowledge of cars, and debating skills are second to none.
Old 07-13-2007 | 05:17 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

And I thought we had all kissed and made up.....can we all get along here...
as for dick sizes...count me in for 21.5 centimeters that is...got love the metric system .. everything is so much bigger up here in Canada....
Old 07-13-2007 | 05:18 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by RyeHigh
And I thought we had all kissed and made up.....can we all get along here...
as for dick sizes...count me in for 21.5 centimeters that is...got love the metric system .. everything is so much bigger up here in Canada....

I wasn't even aware that there was a fight in the first place.
Old 07-13-2007 | 05:20 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

everyone have a great weekend....
Old 07-13-2007 | 05:21 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

S2000's suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007 | 05:22 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Now now Ben, don't be upset. If you didn't put it up to be funny, did you put it up because you thought it was cool?

No insecurity here. I would drive a honda, a hyndai or any other car if I felt like it. I don't need to brag to you or anyone else.

You either miss the tone of my posts, or you intentionally try to stir the pot. So, you are either an idiot or a troll, which is fine with me either way.

I said that I would rather race on the track than brag about which car is better on-line. How you can twist that into a "dick measuring" comment is really beyond me.

Why anyone would own a Porsche and not track it is inexplicable to me. There are so many other cars that are better for pure street use. But, again, I don't care why others do what they do.

So, in sum Ben, since you cannot seem to understand what I have been saying, I will spell it out.

1. I don't care what kind of car you, or anyone else, drives. It is irrelevant to me.

2. I don't care what you think of the cars I drive. I bought them for me, not you.

3. I prefer to go to the track than get involved with, or even read, endless paper debates about which car is superior. How can you argue with, or be insulted by, that? Seems common sense to me. In fact, apart from sex, and spending time with my family, I can think of few other things I would rather do than go to the track. Talking about the track has nothing to do with huffing and puffing about mad skillz. In fact, my friends give me a hard time because I say that I am slow . . . so where you get this huff and puff BS is beyond me, unless, again, you are just stirring the pot because you like "drama"

4. If you don't go to the track, or are too scared to risk damaging your car, more power to you. Again, I don't care. It is irrelevant to me.

5. I hope you have a nice weekend, and that you find a better way to enjoy it than trying to start on-line arguments with people who are not even trying to argue with you. If it makes you feel better . . . you win almighty ben. Your avatar, knowledge of cars, and debating skills are second to none.

so you really really care or don't care? care bear stare?
Old 07-13-2007 | 05:23 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by RyeHigh
everyone have a great weekend....
You too.

The bottom line is that you cannot go wrong. Drive both and pick the one that makes you the happiest. If you do pick the 996, I will say that I was much happier with mine after I upgraded the suspension. I pretty much hated it before that.
Old 07-13-2007 | 05:26 PM
fast1
Race Car

I wasn't even aware that there was a fight in the first place.
TD - Well whatever it is, it's been entertaining. BTW what track do you frequent? I'm in northern MD and there's nothing close to me, and it's one of the reasons that I don't track my car.
Old 07-13-2007 | 05:31 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by fast1
TD - Well whatever it is, it's been entertaining. BTW what track do you frequent? I'm in northern MD and there's nothing close to me, and it's one of the reasons that I don't track my car.
If this isn't entertaining, there is no point to it.

What????? there are PLENTY of tracks around you.

I live in DC, Georgetown to be specific. I frequent Summit Point (both main and Shenandoah Circuit), VIR, Watkins Glen, and Mid Ohio. These are all outstanding tracks, and they are all as close to you as they are to me. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in getting involved. There really is nothing quite like it. DEs are so much fun, and racing is like chess at 100 mph. truly addictive.

Quick Reply: 996 vs Boxster S