996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 vs Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007 | 01:22 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Lets face it fellas:

986's aren't better than 996's simply because 996's are more expensive.
Porsches only attract admiring men, hardly women unless you're good looking like I am.
Cabrio's are for good looking people Coupes are for ugly folks who hide in DE helmets.
Wannabe boy racers at road course tracks are in the minority. Its just your hobby not a career.
So what you earn $200k or $2m it doesn't earn you the right to be a *****.

Any questions?
Old 07-14-2007 | 08:18 AM
fast1
Race Car

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Lets face it fellas:

Porsches only attract admiring men, hardly women unless you're good looking like I am.
Cabrio's are for good looking people Coupes are for ugly folks who hide in DE helmets.
Wannabe boy racers at road course tracks are in the minority. Its just your hobby not a career.

Any questions?
Yes, one. Did you have a rough night?
Old 07-14-2007 | 09:33 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Nah, just F'n around.

Originally Posted by fast1
Yes, one. Did you have a rough night?
Old 07-14-2007 | 09:52 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Lets face it fellas:

Any questions?
Hey, from your description of wannabe boy racers, sounds like you would fit in better than I do. Hell, you might even win right away.
Old 07-14-2007 | 11:48 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

No DE's for me, I'm not smart enough to make car driving my hobby.

DE drivers are like the classic jock stereotype from high school on this board. Stop trying to push non DE folks around. Damn bullies, I tell you.

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Hey, from your description of wannabe boy racers, sounds like you would fit in better than I do. Hell, you might even win right away.
Old 07-14-2007 | 12:17 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Owning a fast car in the US, especially in Virginia forces you to go on a track. Speed limits are from the horse-drawn carriage area and law enforcement is just ridiculous (a cop told me lately on the NOVA toll road that it's really dangerous to go with 70mph). Puh, even a Ford Explorer is too fast for this environment! If someone likes to drive fast and doesn't want to stand with one food in jail all the time, then the track is the only place to go. I lived most of my life in Europe and never had the desire to go on a track. Traffic pace is just much faster there. So please no stereotypes for DE guys.
Old 07-14-2007 | 12:41 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Hwk72, those bullies know who they are. There's no need to explain why you DE just as there isn't a need for folks who don't.

Originally Posted by hwk72
Owning a fast car in the US, especially in Virginia forces you to go on a track. Speed limits are from the horse-drawn carriage area and law enforcement is just ridiculous (a cop told me lately on the NOVA toll road that it's really dangerous to go with 70mph). Puh, even a Ford Explorer is too fast for this environment! If someone likes to drive fast and doesn't want to stand with one food in jail all the time, then the track is the only place to go. I lived most of my life in Europe and never had the desire to go on a track. Traffic pace is just much faster there. So please no stereotypes for DE guys.
Old 07-14-2007 | 12:45 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

DE drivers are like the classic jock stereotype from high school on this board. Stop trying to push non DE folks around. Damn bullies, I tell you.
Nah, DE guys are just pretend racers. We have no winners, no losers, no passing in the turns. At the end of the day we don't even get a gold star.

The wheel to wheel guys (club racers) are the real deal....

Pyramid of Speed
Old 07-14-2007 | 12:58 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Lets face it fellas:

You choose better by price? Restaurants love to hand the wine list to guys like that.

Heck even Porsche is worried that the Boxster/Cayman are "better". Why do you think they give them the smaller motors? Could they be protecting the goose that lays the golden eggs?......

The OP should drive both cars and choose the car that he likes to drive the most. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

Last edited by Ray S; 07-14-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2007 | 01:56 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

I really don't care, it was just a joke. I won't get worked up one which is better. I sure know I wouldn't buy a Boxster but the Cayman's looks are growing on me though.

Originally Posted by Ray S
You choose better by price? Restaurants love to hand the wine list to guys like that.

Heck even Porsche is worried that the Boxster/Cayman are "better". Why do you think they give them the smaller motors? Could they be protecting the goose that lays the golden eggs?......

The OP should drive both cars and choose the car that he likes to drive the most. Who cares what everyone else thinks?
Old 07-14-2007 | 02:11 PM
fast1
Race Car

Truer words were never spoken. As a matter of fact it's a fool's errand to try to please others because of the diversity of opinions. For every person like us who believes that Porsche offers the ultimate driving experience, there's probably at least one other that feels that anyone who buys a Porsche does so to compensate for some actual or perceived inadequacy.
Old 07-14-2007 | 02:24 PM
dresler
Burning Brakes

Did someone say Oil???
Old 07-14-2007 | 02:29 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Cayman's looks are growing on me though.
I'll agree with you on that!!..
Old 07-14-2007 | 03:12 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

I really don't care, it was just a joke. I won't get worked up one which is better. I sure know I wouldn't buy a Boxster but the Cayman's looks are growing on me though.
Oh, I took your post as being very, very serious, particularly because this thread is extremely serious (no joking around here) and there are some big *** bullies around here. Makes me tremble just reading this thread
Old 07-14-2007 | 03:13 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ray S
Nah, DE guys are just pretend racers. We have no winners, no losers, no passing in the turns. At the end of the day we don't even get a gold star.

The wheel to wheel guys (club racers) are the real deal....

Pyramid of Speed

Quick Reply: 996 vs Boxster S