Sponsored by:

New OEM floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:53 PM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default New OEM floor mats

My car had the floor mats in black colour, but the interior was in Metropol Blue. This combination wasn't good enough.
One of my best friends, Xavier gave me an OEM Metropol Blue floor mats. Thanks Javi!!
The car looks awesome now!

Old 06-23-2007, 03:22 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice...I want a new set of black ones....mine are starting to show their age...
Old 06-23-2007, 04:01 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-23-2007, 04:07 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Do the mats attach to the car in any way? My mats have velcro circles on the bottom, but no mating velcro on the floorpan carpet, so the mats keep sliding...
Old 06-23-2007, 04:34 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shustermeister
Do the mats attach to the car in any way? My mats have velcro circles on the bottom, but no mating velcro on the floorpan carpet, so the mats keep sliding...
there should be two "screwable" velcro plastic strips...they are sold plastic and screw down to the floor board...the velcro round things on the floor mats attach to those. Mine had one side missing..the are like $ 3.99 from Porsche...
Old 06-23-2007, 07:18 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
there should be two "screwable" velcro plastic strips...they are sold plastic and screw down to the floor board...the velcro round things on the floor mats attach to those. Mine had one side missing..the are like $ 3.99 from Porsche...
Cool - thanks! I was at the dealer today, wish I'd asked them. Oh well, only a 13 mile drive to the dealer. Not bad.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Macho Belly
Instructor

For anyone thinking about new mats, I'd recommend Lloyd mats. www.lloydmats.com They are licensed to embroider Porsche logo's. Price is reasonable and quality is better than OEM, IMO. I like them because they have clips that connect to the seat tracks rather than velcro rings.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The Lloyd mats look great, can be customized nicely, but I have heard the color match isn't as precise as factory. I like the velcro attachments - can you get OEM (not Lloyd) mats for these cars through dealer or are the Lloyd mats available with the velcro rings?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Macho Belly
Instructor

Originally Posted by Phil G.
The Lloyd mats look great, can be customized nicely, but I have heard the color match isn't as precise as factory. I like the velcro attachments - can you get OEM (not Lloyd) mats for these cars through dealer or are the Lloyd mats available with the velcro rings?
If your mats get much use, eventually the velcro will lose its grip. The clips that hold the Lloyd mats in place are not visible when installed and they hold better than the velcro. No tools needed for installation. You're right about the color match - not quite perfect, but not really noticeable unless you look closely.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Macho Belly
If your mats get much use, eventually the velcro will lose its grip. The clips that hold the Lloyd mats in place are not visible when installed and they hold better than the velcro. No tools needed for installation. You're right about the color match - not quite perfect, but not really noticeable unless you look closely.
I've seen the Lloyd mats and like them. Mine are still in good shape, so not buying new set yet. But, I'm still wondering if I order a set of OEM mats from a dealer, will they be the plusher Lloyd mats, or the matching ones from the factory?
Old 06-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Macho Belly
Instructor

Originally Posted by Phil G.
I've seen the Lloyd mats and like them. Mine are still in good shape, so not buying new set yet. But, I'm still wondering if I order a set of OEM mats from a dealer, will they be the plusher Lloyd mats, or the matching ones from the factory?
Lloyd's are not OEM but some dealers sell them so you would have to specify what you want. I got my Lloyd mats from Sunset Imports. Took about 10 days.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:56 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Phil - I think if you order OEM mats from the dealer they are going to match what originally came with the car.

What are you going to do... buy mats to protect the mats that protect the carpet?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:18 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

i give Lloyds mat a Just purchased a set of black mats with red stitching for my TT and the quality and fit is equal to or maybe even better than OEM. Recommend highly.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:36 AM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up 1+ for Lloyds

I agree that Lloyds is the way to go when replacing the mats! Quality is good and the clips that connect to the seat tracks rather than velcro rings are a wonderful idea! Using lousy velcro rings for the OEM mats is a typical Porsche penny pincher act.
Attached Images  
Old 06-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by gota911
Phil - I think if you order OEM mats from the dealer they are going to match what originally came with the car.

What are you going to do... buy mats to protect the mats that protect the carpet?
Just a set of mats to go under the layer of paper to prevent scuffs and dirt. You makin' fun of me again?

Quick Reply: New OEM floor mats