Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Global Motorcars SOLD the U-Boat (submarine)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
Whats with the backlash towards Gant? I dont understand.
What backlash?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:32 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't get it, either!! Let it go? This board has really changed A LOT in the last year. You guys are a bunch of bitches!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:41 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arr0gant
I don't get it, either!! Let it go? This board has really changed A LOT in the last year. You guys are a bunch of bitches!
I'm not against Gant ??!! All we know is that they pulled it off their website. If they did something illegal (thereafter) you SHOULD go after them. At least call the BBB if you've not done so already.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:42 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/288458-my-1st-911-getting-it-worked-out.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/291985-a-letter-to-global-motorcars-and-dean-bastas.html
Old 06-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven C.
What backlash?
Wasnt directed at anyone in particular, just anyone going against him.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:46 PM
evansaero
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats funny I always thought of you as the little bitch.

They made you whole and now your trying to screw them and you have ZERO proof that they sold the car under false pretenses...

Even if they did why do you have such a hard on for these guys.

I think you might need help... Stalking a car for a year is just weird
Old 06-22-2007, 07:50 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by evansaero
Thats funny I always thought of you as the little bitch.

They made you whole and now your trying to screw them and you have ZERO proof that they sold the car under false pretenses...

Even if they did why do you have such a hard on for these guys.

I think you might need help... Stalking a car for a year is just weird
Oh man. Don't you get it? They took the car back AND RELISTED IT AS A PERFECT CAR, ASKING FOR $5K MORE, to recoup their losses! The car IS GONE NOW!!! I am JUST ****ING TRYING TO DO THE MORAL THING HERE, AND FIND OUT IF THEY ARE RIPPING SOMEONE ELSE OFF!! WHY AM I EXPLAINING MYSELF TO YOU??? ARE YOU AN IDIOT??
Old 06-22-2007, 08:10 PM
evansaero
Pro

Oh man. Don't you get it? They took the car back AND RELISTED IT AS A PERFECT CAR, ASKING FOR $5K MORE, to recoup their losses! The car IS GONE NOW!!! I am JUST ****ING TRYING TO DO THE MORAL THING HERE, AND FIND OUT IF THEY ARE RIPPING SOMEONE ELSE OFF!! WHY AM I EXPLAINING MYSELF TO YOU??? ARE YOU AN IDIOT??
Moral?? Do you really believe that

You're just pissed that they tried to screw you.

You can't even prove that the car was sold and you are making such a big deal out of it. Rallying the troops over something that could be nothing AND something that you have already been compensated for. On top of that, after the compensation of it and your obvious deep concern for the well being of other innocent victims, you are too cheap to pay for a $15 membership to Carfax??? You may think I'm an idiot, you are a cheap ****. Why don't you sell your old *** ugly cherokee and buy a membership to carfax for all those innocent car buyers out there that you are so worried about protecting.

Last edited by evansaero; 06-22-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:14 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by evansaero
Moral?? Do you really believe that

You're just pissed that they tried to screw you.

You can't even prove that the car was sold and you are making such a big deal out of it. Rallying the troups over something that could be nothing AND something that you have already been compensated for. On top of that, after the compensation of it and your obvious deep concern for the well being of other innocent victims, you are too cheap to pay for a $15 membership to Carfax??? You may think I'm an idiot, you are a cheap ****. Why don't you sell your old *** ugly cherokee and buy a membership to carfax for all those innocent car buyers out there that you are so worried about protecting.
Cool, I'll certainly take your advice into consideration. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:48 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Guys, disagree and debate this all you want. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Agree to disagree, if necessary, but there is nothing gained from the PERSONAL attacks and NAME CALLING! Let's keep it civil. We are better than that!

Gant - I understand your desire to make sure they do not/have not sold the car to some unsuspecting buyer. But it has been listed for a year and you didn't notify Greg Abbott the Attorney General of Texas? ( http://www.oag.state.tx.us/ ). That would have been the prudent step to take and let the "authorities" handle the situation.

A couple of guys were recommending that you be very careful on how you handle this, primarily because of the fact that we have become a litigious society. That is sound advice, IMO. Some of the other guys commented that just because the car was removed from their web site, does not mean it has been sold. They COULD have sold it to a private buyer... they COULD have sold it to another dealer... they COULD have shipped it off to auction... then COULD have done (whatever) with the car. You are assuming they sold it. That may be the most logical assumption, but it IS still an assumption.

I didn’t interpret most of the posts as being a “backlash” towards Gant. I read them as recommendations to slow down, proceed with caution, and collect the real facts. Don’t act on assumptions. I am discounting the last couple of posts because, I believe, they were written when tempers were high. Let’s move beyond those posts.

Gant – should you want to pursue this matter, my recommendation is to:

1) find out EXACTLY what happened to the car,
2) if it has been sold (private buyer or dealership), contact
- a) the Attorney General of Texas and
- b) the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.

Share with them any information you have that the car is a flood-damaged vehicle. Let them handle it from there. It gets you away from the fray and gets the legal authorities involved. Just my 2¢.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Wow! A year to sell. I'd almost given up on it. It would be interesting to find out how they got rid of it.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:21 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

It's pretty simple, they knew the car was flood-damaged. When they got it back from me, they still listed it as a perfect car, withholding knowledge. A Rennlister even called them and said he wanted to buy it, they represented it as a perfect car, STILL. I was hoping they would do the right thing and NOT rip someone off. So, now I KNEW that they would sell it and LIE!!! So I waited and watched. In a completely altruistic manner and held my word to many Rennlisters that I told I would do so. It seems either they have forgotten, don't care anymore, or are now gone....

Anyhow, I have the proof, in writing that it is was a major flood-damaged car. SO, it doesn't matter what they did with they car. When I find the new owner, it WILL be traced BACK TO GLOBAL as the company that traded it, auctioned it, sold it or whatever AND DID NOT DISCLOSE. Then, the new owner, who I GUARANTEE you will think the car was perfect will have all the proof they want to do whatever they want. If they need a witness with proof, I am here.

As far as calling the Atty. Gen., the Texas lawyer I consulted informed me that they would ONLY take the case once they have proof, BEYOND a reasonable doubt that Global did so knowingly and intentionally.

FYI, I CALLED NO ONE ANY NAMES directly. Me asking someone if they are an idiot IS NOT calling them an idiot. Oh and BTW, my cherokee is in FLAWLESS condition with 45k miles!!!

Edit: and ONE MORE THING. I did not call any one person a bitch. However I do apologize for saying people on this board are bitches!! (Even though i think some of you are!!)
Old 06-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can understand your rage at this company for what they did. I was in the car business for 1 1/2 years and got out because this kind of thing was normal behavior to the dealers I worked for. I commend you for trying to do the right thing. If someone rapes your sister, you don't knowingly let the guy rape your neighbors sister too.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:03 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Land Jet
I can understand your rage at this company for what they did. I was in the car business for 1 1/2 years and got out because this kind of thing was normal behavior to the dealers I worked for. I commend you for trying to do the right thing. If someone rapes your sister, you don't knowingly let the guy rape your neighbors sister too.
I don't know why people wanna knock me down on this one. I'm just trying to do make sure someone else doesn't go through what I had to, not when I can help stop it.

I appreciate the support!

Edit: Furthermore, I totally appreciate everyone else who has encouraged and supported. Thanks fellas!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Zoolander
Racer

Gant-I support you but Tim did give some good advice.

Land Jet-Good point. We need to take better care of each other instead of turning a blind eye and turning the Ipod back on.

Quick Reply: Global Motorcars SOLD the U-Boat (submarine)