Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

A Letter To Global Motorcars (and Dean Bastas)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:04 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default A Letter To Global Motorcars (and Dean Bastas)

Dean Bastas, (and Global Motorcars)

I was looking for a great deal on a nice P-car. I found one at your dealership, so I bought it. After all, it had a clean title and Carfax. When I “bragged” about it on this forum, everyone told me something was fishy. I found out that it wasn’t warranteed. They told me I should expect a warranty since you wrote on my paperwork that it WAS CPO'd. They told me you guys were ripping me off. They told me to look for records, if they lie about CPO, what else are they lying about? So reluctantly, I did. I uncovered the massive flood damage from the Porsche dealer that sold you the car. When I called you, you tried to explain it away as it had only rained in the car and it wasn't major. But I told you that I have the records to prove it, and you are wrong. But still I trusted you...

You then told me you guys were really sorry and that you'd figure it out, and get me a new car. I thought that was great, I trusted you.... Again, the guys(and gals) here intervened and told me I was crazy. Forget them I thought, they are just being paranoid, I mean how could such a seemingly great car dealership do this to someone who would potentially come back for a turbo in a year? But you didn’t return my calls, or try to find me a new car. I listened to the boards overwhelming advice. Get my money back, THEN deal. Dam Rennlist, but I did it. I started feeling blown off, by you AND Momentum further. Get a lawyer they said, so I did.

I still persisted, as the board suggested. I pushed and pushed and said, take this car back. So you finally did. You set up a time, faxed me the info and picked up the car. I still trusted you!! You told me you'd send a check back AS SOON as you got the car. Great I thought. I still trusted you.

So then I bought a new car. The second I drove it, I knew it was different. Compared to this car, I realized, the flood car is WORTHLESS!!! Any 911 owner would know this. My mistake was not test driving other 911's. MY mistake, of many made!! But this new car is a dream. Yours was slow, sluggish, loose and uninspiring. But, the new one? WOW I thought. NOW I understand! NOW I GET IT. So THIS is a 911. I'm so glad i found this out. THANK GOD for Rennlist. Here I thought, I'll never get a car as nice as the flood one. I was SO wrong. I almost WASTED FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!! Could Dean have known?

About 3 or 4 hours into my trip home, I got a Text Message from you saying "here is the tracking number for your check". Awesome, I still trust you. But now, after driving this new car, I started wondering, could they have known and lied to me? Hmmm, nahh.

When I get into work the next morning I get emails and messages from everyone on Rennlist to find MY old car, back up for sale for $4k less asking price then when I bought it with THE SAME AD!! Clean car, 1 owner, checked thoroughly for flood-damage etc.... THIS CAN’T BE, I thought.

I now realize I should NEVER have trusted you. You are thiefs and LYARS and put me thru this and tried to rip me off. How many others? Hundreds I'm sure. You shouldn't be in busisness. All I did was stick up for you and for that, I am a fool. YOU are the reason why no one trusts used car-salesman. You, my friends, are SCUM of the earth.

Just so you know Dean. I did NOTHING to try to hurt Global. You did it to yourself. I stuck-up for you every step of the way. I was in dream-land. Rennlisters led me back to reality. Blame Rennlist for this being exposed. Something tells me you made a really big error by letting it get exposed this way on a public forum that upwards of 5 THOUSAND people have viewed. Well, the cats out of the bag and I hope this at least makes you think twice before using illegal tactics to make money and sell cars.

Dean et al, at Global. I'm afraid you are really being watched now and this news will traverse the internet VERY FAST. I wish you lots of luck, you will need it.

Your friend (no more),
Gant

Last edited by arr0gant; 08-11-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:09 PM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure the check clears before you send this letter!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:10 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

LOL, I don't think they want to commit felony check-fraud. Then again, nothing will surprise me with these crooks.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job! And congrats on your "real" P-car purchase.

BTW: The Rennlist community has helped me save thousands during my P-car ownership experience (from purchase to today's mods), and thus there is no better way to say thanks to this wonderful community than by becomming a Rennlist member.

VIVA Rennlist!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fast40th
VIVA Rennlist!!!
Here Here!

Gant, congrats on the new, non-amphibious P-car! Modding to begin in 3......2.........1...........SHORTSHIFTER!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Couple of edits:

You are thiefs and LYARS and put me thru this and tried to rip me off. How many others? Hundreds I'm sure. You shouldn't be in busisness

Should read:
You are thieves and LIARS and put me through this and tried to rip me off. How many others? Hundreds I'm sure. You shouldn't be in business.

Good for you and make sure the check clears first.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:34 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fast40th
Nice job! And congrats on your "real" P-car purchase.

BTW: The Rennlist community has helped me save thousands during my P-car ownership experience (from purchase to today's mods), and thus there is no better way to say thanks to this wonderful community than by becomming a Rennlist member.

VIVA Rennlist!!!

Signed up, wheres my tag?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:46 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Very well put Gant! Now it is time to make this dealer stand up for their actions and "try" to explain them. I have a feeling, the cowards they are, will do nothing but continue on with lies and false promises.

Glad to have you around and anybody that tells you that Rennlist doesn't look out for its' own, point them to this horrific story that did have a good ending.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by arr0gant
https://rennlist.com/members.htm#Why...%20Memberships
Old 08-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Arr0Gant,
Glad we earned your trust. With what you've been through, you deserve the best. I really hope that these guys get taken down. At least they know that they almost got caught. if anything, this episode taught me that there are some very good people here who will do their best (regardless of what is said) to look out for others.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

So, when are you mailing the letter and when can we all write to enquire about the submarine they have for sale? I'm sure a bunch of us would love to let them know how closely we've been watching them
Old 08-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad that you are now officially on the Porsche train and that we could help
Old 08-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by arr0gant
..and you really do need to get a phot of your car as your avitar.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

My man has 146 posts all about this car, unreal.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by riad
My man has 146 posts all about this car, unreal.
Professor Dell: What is the probability that Gant will have more posts than you and Riad combined by the by the end of this year?

Quick Reply: A Letter To Global Motorcars (and Dean Bastas)