Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wish they offered the xenon setup without those silver plates
Old 05-03-2007, 08:05 PM
palladio
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by viper501
1. option

2. yes but you apparently lose the self leveling, from what I understand but I could be wrong.

3. correct
Thanks for the info. With some help fom Loren over at Renntech, I found the link for the DIY bi-xenon installation here:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8612

It says the parts cost about $1K and that you will not have the self-leveling feature.

What does "self-leveling" do exactly? Rotate up/down for hills, side to side in corners? Are the xenons desirable mostly for extra light output or is this self leveling feature a big deal too? I have heard from others that the xenons are da bomb, and I'm wondering if it would be worth doing the conversion at that price despite the fact the leveling feature is lost.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Doug Donsbach
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by palladio
What does "self-leveling" do exactly? Rotate up/down for hills, side to side in corners? Are the xenons desirable mostly for extra light output or is this self leveling feature a big deal too? I have heard from others that the xenons are da bomb, and I'm wondering if it would be worth doing the conversion at that price despite the fact the leveling feature is lost.
It adjusts the vertical aiming to compensate for front/rear attitude of the car. So in theory it will adjust for squat during acceleration or dive during braking, front/rear loading, bumps, etc.

They're still nice lights without the factory leveling feature and roughly equivalent to the factory Xenons on my E46 BMW, from what I've experienced on my own car. If bright, white lights are important to you, I wouldn't let the lack of the leveling feature stand in your way.

Quick Reply: Litronics - All Bi-xenon?