Sponsored by:

Porsche N-Spec Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 01:28 AM
jury_ca
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
I absolutely love that I got you talking about your IQ, how you're not ghetto, how you're easy on the eyes on a damn car board. LOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL IQ, eh? Who got you to show us how you really feel about yourself? I got you.
That's really rich, considering you're the Master Self-Fluffer on this board, not to mention a disruptive presence constantly drawing people into inane arguments. I guess that also makes you a chronic Master Baiter, so go right ahead and LOL-away. Your attempts to paint an image of me as an unimaginative nerd without a social life failed. Sorry, you're going to have to do better than 4th grade school-yard bully tactics.

And just do us all a favor and post up the pic you mention. With some chicks preferred.
Looking for additional ammunition, huh? I like how I've got you licking your wounds and looking for retaliation. Do you need me to explain how to use the search-function, brainiac? I even pointed you to correct thread!

And, again, it's clear that you're trying to state as fact something that you can't even begin to prove. Just like you, I can't provide scientific data because who has $1m to pull off something like this?
You clearly lack the scientific credentials to fill a thimble, much less be able to interpret scientific data. Are you A-D-D on crack? Why do you continue to ignore the physics behind the concept that adding wider rear tires, ceteris paribus, will result in an increased tendency to understeer?

What I do have is a countless number of Rennlisters and non-Rennlisters who have upgraded to 19" wheels that are setup with wider tires, who have lowered the car with PSS9s/KW3s and are perfectly happy with the upgrade and would never, ever look back. Why? Because the drive is that much better thus clearly justifying the $10K+ expenditure.
OMG! A whole $10K expenditure? Oops! I forgot the (+). Hahaha. Blah! Blah! I love how you constantly resort to the bandwagon approach in supporting your arguments. Unfortunately, my technical explanation pwns you.

Enjoy your floaty stock suspension with your regular wheels. We can all bust them out when we feel like... putting some winter tires on them. Continue to live in the dark. You're ignorant and tired (I've never read your posts until this thread Zzzzz).
I certainly will enjoy my stock suspension and regular wheels, Benjy. I sleep well knowing that I have not pImPed mah ride, deluded into the notion that I can out-engineer Porsche by making performance compromises to cosmetic mods negligible.

Last edited by jury_ca; 04-21-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

I am just going to pipe in here because what I have read is that your comments are just opinions and not necessarily from experience.

I upgraded to PSS9s and GT3 sways from stock 2 months ago. I even got bigger tires on now compared to before. The result actually ended up with less creak and rattles than my previous stock set up.

The tires, suspension and sways even made the car turn with a smaller radius. My dampning settings reflects a slightlt stiffer setting than stock because I wanted a crisper ride. I can also find a stock setting if I chose.

How is having more choices bad?
Old 04-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jury_ca
That's really rich, considering you're the Master Self-Fluffer on this board, not to mention a disruptive presence constantly drawing people into inane arguments. I guess that also makes you a chronic Master Baiter, so go right ahead and LOL-away. Your attempts to paint an image of me as an unimaginative nerd without a social life failed. Sorry, you're going to have to do better than 4th grade school-yard bully tactics.

Looking for additional ammunition, huh? I like how I've got you licking your wounds and looking for retaliation. Do you need me to explain how to use the search-function, brainiac? I even pointed you to correct thread!

You clearly lack the scientific credentials to fill a thimble, much less be able to interpret scientific data. Are you A-D-D on crack? Why do you continue to ignore the physics behind the concept that adding wider rear tires, ceteris paribus, will result in an increased tendency to understeer?

OMG! A whole $10K expenditure? Oops! I forgot the (+). Hahaha. Blah! Blah! I love how you constantly resort to the bandwagon approach in supporting your arguments. Unfortunately, my technical explanation pwns you.

I certainly will enjoy my stock suspension and regular wheels, Benjy. I sleep well knowing that I have not pImPed mah ride, deluded into the notion that I can out-engineer Porsche by making performance compromises to cosmetic mods negligible.
This is getting tired as it's obvious to everyone here you're seriously taking all this personally. At ease, man. Chill for a bit. Don't come off any more weirder than you are right now. And consider renewing your Rennlist membership since you are spending a lot of time with us here thx to me.

Everyone, just read my points and you'll see what I'm seeing. The 911 is wholly modifiable for the better. There is nothing special about the stock ride unless that's all you've got to go by, that such is all that's left on the table post-purchase. But fortunately, we have great vendors and minds spending R&D $s, talent and energy in enhancing what's been set as a standard by Porsche from the factory. Wonderful, but can be improved upon in not only looks, but in outright grip and handling (my setup for the street).

Row, row, row your boat with the stock height shifter. Case in point that's clear as day unlike this pretend dance routine this dude's got with his 911.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:33 AM
jury_ca
Pro

This is getting tired as it's obvious to everyone here you're seriously taking all this personally. At ease, man. Chill for a bit. Don't come off any more weirder than you are right now. And consider renewing your Rennlist membership since you are spending a lot of time with us here thx to me.
Believe me, I'm not taking any of this personally. Just enjoy puncturing those with no justification behind their over-inflated egos (which includes you). This all started when you took offense at being labeled a poseur and have yet to admit that any of your cosmetic mods have any noticable performance downside, which you write-off as "hairsplitting." In one hilarious episode, you even go so far as suggesting that you managed to improve ride and handling and that you should be hired by Porsche.

Everyone, just read my points and you'll see what I'm seeing. The 911 is wholly modifiable for the better.
It is modifiable to be more in line with the owner's preferences. I would not say it is modified for the better.

There is nothing special about the stock ride unless that's all you've got to go by, that such is all that's left on the table post-purchase.
Laughable. Those who choose to keep their cars factory are doing so because they lack the funds to modify? Whatever helps you get through your day, Ben.
Just out of curiosity, can you list mods you have done that are NOT cosmetic in nature?

But fortunately, we have great vendors and minds spending R&D $s, talent and energy in enhancing what's been set as a standard by Porsche from the factory. Wonderful, but can be improved upon in not only looks, but in outright grip and handling (my setup for the street).
Your set up might look better to you, but it is not better than the stock set up for the street! It has an increased tendency to aquaplane, it has an increased tendency to understeer, it has a poorer ride, it will track poorer....

Row, row, row your boat with the stock height shifter. Case in point that's clear as day unlike this pretend dance routine this dude's got with his 911.
I have no idea what that means, but your doctor should check your dosage of haloperidol.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

-My ego is well in check, I'm as humble as they come...

-Definitely improved ride and handling with the Work wheels/PSS9s/PS2s

-Never, ever do I assume Rennlisters who have stock cars stay stock because they lack funds; all this has to do with your own insecurities in running into someone like me who knows exactly what he wants and has done it

-PSS9s, wheels (looks and better handling), everything else is pretty much stock, it's just that I know which things to mod to make it look like something huge as been done to the car, but really, very little - that's my skills right there: less is more

-Hydroplaning? WAHAHAHAH weak. Again, my car handles better than your car. I drive well within the given road conditions and I drive my Jeep for wet weather anyways. Couldn't care less. Never felt any ounce of lift going through water in the 15K miles I've put on this car in the past year. Likely a lot more miles than you ever put on your car?

-Again, weak. You bringing my doctor into this convo now? Keep reachin', bud. Keep reachin'.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:47 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Like listening to Chaz Michael Michaels and Jimmy MacElroy
Old 04-22-2008, 03:57 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

This guy likes wearing suits off the rack because its better that way. The pattern makers know how to make clothes fit better than tailors.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:48 AM
jury_ca
Pro

Originally Posted by chsu74
This guy likes wearing suits off the rack because its better that way. The pattern makers know how to make clothes fit better than tailors.
Wow, you're right, I do like to buy suits and shirts off the rack. I've done both though, and off the rack suits me just fine because I don't have an oddly shaped/sized body and I believe you can still buy great, more consistent clothes off-the-rack.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 AM
jury_ca
Pro

-My ego is well in check, I'm as humble as they come...
So says the guy whose mug takes 90% of the pixelated area in his avatar.

-Definitely improved ride and handling with the Work wheels/PSS9s/PS2s
Your opinion. Mine differs.

-Never, ever do I assume Rennlisters who have stock cars stay stock because they lack funds; all this has to do with your own insecurities in running into someone like me who knows exactly what he wants and has done it
Quit weaseling. The least you could do is to stand by what you wrote previously or offer a retraction. It shows character.

-PSS9s, wheels (looks and better handling), everything else is pretty much stock, it's just that I know which things to mod to make it look like something huge as been done to the car, but really, very little - that's my skills right there: less is more
Believe me, nobody is thinking you were going for 'less is more' when they look at the steam-roller with the giant wing. I guess, you are admitting that you can't think of a single mod you have done which hasn't been cosmetic in nature?

-Hydroplaning? WAHAHAHAH weak. Again, my car handles better than your car. I drive well within the given road conditions and I drive my Jeep for wet weather anyways. Couldn't care less. Never felt any ounce of lift going through water in the 15K miles I've put on this car in the past year. Likely a lot more miles than you ever put on your car?
Yeah, my car's just under 20K miles now. I have experienced the rear tires hydroplane at hwy speeds when I hit standing water, I'm running 295s with plenty of thread and you're running 315. I can't imagine how you cannot notice this.

-Again, weak. You bringing my doctor into this convo now? Keep reachin', bud. Keep reachin'.
Actually, haloperidol is usually prescribed by a psychiatrist. Hehe.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

So says the guy whose mug takes 90% of the pixelated area in his avatar.

Your opinion. Mine differs.

Quit weaseling. The least you could do is to stand by what you wrote previously or offer a retraction. It shows character.

Believe me, nobody is thinking you were going for 'less is more' when they look at the steam-roller with the giant wing. I guess, you are admitting that you can't think of a single mod you have done which hasn't been cosmetic in nature?

Yeah, my car's just under 20K miles now. I have experienced the rear tires hydroplane at hwy speeds when I hit standing water, I'm running 295s with plenty of thread and you're running 315. I can't imagine how you cannot notice this.

Actually, haloperidol is usually prescribed by a psychiatrist. Hehe.
It's amazing what good taste gets ya. Less is more. That's my 911.

Here's how:

-Wheels
-Stereo (I posted a thread about this to share with my Rennlisters)

All the other stuff came with my car. So in total, three aftermarket pieces. Wheels/tires. Suspension. Wing. As easy as 1, 2, 3. I have the B&M SSK, definitely not cosmetic, but it came with the car so can't take credit, but I would've done it if it didn't come with the car. So much for stock being awesome (row row row your boat). And hmmmm all the other interior bits are... factory. Exhaust? PORSCHE sport exhaust. Brakes? Factory. Front lip? Factory. Any less than the above 3 mods... our cars would be... hear me out, playa... everyone else too... eerily... SIMILAR.

Rennlist, we've made a discovery!

See how it looks like I did a lot, but then I didn't? Yes, I make pimpin' look ez, beooootch.

WHAHAH

As for the hydroplaning, you keep insisting that I do when I don't. What more do you want me to say? You senile? Try flax seed oil.

So c'mon, man. It's clear as day my style really tweaks you and I love it. As your boy Fiddy said, "if they hate, then let' em hate."
Old 04-23-2008, 10:40 AM
jury_ca
Pro

You know I saw the nicest C4S the other day. It was Basalt black, but the frt grilles were painted silver like the 40th anniversary. Those black grilles tend to get lost on a black car. The contrast was stunning.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

You know I saw the nicest C4S the other day. It was Basalt black, but the frt grilles were painted silver like the 40th anniversary. Those black grilles tend to get lost on a black car. The contrast was stunning.
Disagree. Plastic grills should not be highlighted. They should always be in matte black on the 911. Leave the cutesy grill treatments for the Ford pick-up trucks, the Escalades and rental Jaguars.

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 04-23-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:56 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Frankly, are the grills even an options on anything by the C4S?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:53 PM
dresler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one arm flyrod's gone askew on tredel!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by dresler
one arm flyrod's gone askew on tredel!