996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

OMG!!! Are you F***ing me!!! UPDATED W/ PICS

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:24 PM
ReidN
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That totally F'in sux!! I would try and find if he has anything worth suing for and take it. I can not believe in this day and age cabs don't exhist!!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

OMG is right!! So sorry to hear about your car - that just sucks. At least the jackass at the Starbucks with the pickup never actually hit me. Remember, you're ok - your car can and will be fixed.

Good luck.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:34 PM
s14roller
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that...
Old 03-16-2007, 09:01 PM
carpundit
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Troy R
...I've also called the Oregon Liquor Control Commission to start things going on the bar that served him. It's surreal. I saw the whole thing from 15' away. ....

That does suck. I'm sorry your car is smashed and I hope the guy is convicted and pays for everything.

But I disagree with you about the bar. The only guy responsible for this accident is the guy driving the pickup truck. Not you, not me, and not the bar owner. I don't think you should compound the harm from this by dragging a small businessman into it.

Just my opinion.

CP
Old 03-16-2007, 09:07 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by carpundit
That does suck. I'm sorry your car is smashed and I hope the guy is convicted and pays for everything.

But I disagree with you about the bar. The only guy responsible for this accident is the guy driving the pickup truck. Not you, not me, and not the bar owner. I don't think you should compound the harm from this by dragging a small businessman into it.

Just my opinion.

CP
+1
The guy could have told the bar owner he was walking home, etc. The DUI hit and run guy is to blame here!

PS--Good going remembering the plate number!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cdodkin - thanks - that did make me chuckle a bit. Scary that a bullet hit your car though. Not a whole lot you can do for that.

I just found out the guy does have insurance. His father called my insurance company back and gave them the policy info. Apparently they just got him the insurance last week after his 1st DUI, and in fact they don't even have the policy paperwork through the mail yet.

He'll be in jail at least through the weekend.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carpundit

CP

I totally understand your opinion here, and I understand the small business. I'm a sole-proprietor in an office of one. But this bar next door deals meth out the front door and there are drunks in and out constantly, and I mean every single day. I was working late one night and heard something on my door - opened it up and there are 5 guys there, one of them pissing on my door. And then the meth, no, I have not actually seen it, but the bar's mgr told me him and his wife got busted two years ago for manuf and distribution of meth in their old bar, and there are cars that come several times a day for 5 mins, in and out, never turn car off. The owner is the parent of the bar mgr and if she doesn't know what's going on there then she is a complete idiot.

On top of that, the guy had a DUI one week ago, was a regular at this joint, and they damn well knew that he had a DUI. People like to talk. His truck was easily visible through the window/door of the bar, and the bartender even stated that yeah, he was back and forth with his truck. So, this isn't an ordinary bar situation. If that were the case, I wouldn't bring it up, but man, if you guys could only see the things that go on over there. I'm a patient and tolerant person, but this was just too much.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 230 Posts

Very sorry to read your story Troy. Sounds like a real piece of work.
Hopefully he'll get a good corn-holeing in jail this weekend.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:16 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Wow, I'm feeling really sorry for you. Once is bad, TWICE in that short a time!?
Hope you get over it soon, and leave the jinx permanently behind.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:36 PM
WillGT-S
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Coochas
Hopefully he'll get a good corn-holeing in jail this weekend.
LMAO.

Troy, I feel your pain. Someone destroyed the drivers side fender of my last car and then took off. At least you won't need the bumper plugs anymore...
Old 03-16-2007, 11:53 PM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy R
I totally understand your opinion here, and I understand the small business. I'm a sole-proprietor in an office of one. But this bar next door deals meth out the front door and there are drunks in and out constantly, and I mean every single day. I was working late one night and heard something on my door - opened it up and there are 5 guys there, one of them pissing on my door. And then the meth, no, I have not actually seen it, but the bar's mgr told me him and his wife got busted two years ago for manuf and distribution of meth in their old bar, and there are cars that come several times a day for 5 mins, in and out, never turn car off. The owner is the parent of the bar mgr and if she doesn't know what's going on there then she is a complete idiot.

On top of that, the guy had a DUI one week ago, was a regular at this joint, and they damn well knew that he had a DUI. People like to talk. His truck was easily visible through the window/door of the bar, and the bartender even stated that yeah, he was back and forth with his truck. So, this isn't an ordinary bar situation. If that were the case, I wouldn't bring it up, but man, if you guys could only see the things that go on over there. I'm a patient and tolerant person, but this was just too much.
Get in touch with your local police department and let them know about the drug activity. They may already know, but it can't hurt to remind them.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:55 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to heat what happened, hope you would fix your car soon for the spring.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:22 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Troy - I read through the first half of your post and I literally started to hyperventilate. I had to get up and go outside for a minute then come back and read the remainder of the post. That really makes me sick to my stomach! I know how I felt when I got my dent courtesy of the dealership. I figure that is the only free thing I’ll ever get from the dealer.

I am really feeling bad for you! I must say that you seem to be handling it very well though. Hang in there.

Maybe Eric can make you an oversized bumper plug to cover the whole front end so no one will even notice the dents.

Oh, and one more thing…. come on, post up the @&^#*$% pics!

Please know that I am not making fun of your situation. I have always found that a little humor and a good chuckle helps at times like this. Good luck with the repairs and keep us posted!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Zoolander
Racer

Damn, that does suck Troy. Good luck and I say you have put up with enough from next door.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:39 AM
AsianImage
Racer

ugh...what a terrible story. Sorry man...

Quick Reply: OMG!!! Are you F***ing me!!! UPDATED W/ PICS